Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Hoodwinker
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #711
Quote: Originally Posted by SIRjosephperez View Post
I preordered late november.... when do you think i can get in?
seriously dood, its impossible to predict

Aethusa
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by Beerpig View Post
I feel sorry for Bioware. They could have let every one in at once, but of course it would be like every other mmo launch and there would be server crashes and wait times. Of course, every one would then flock to the forums to cry about how cowardly and pathetic Bioware is and what a terrible launch this was.

Then we have staggered launch, where people complain when they haven't been let in - either way, they can't win.

Oh well, I'll grab my popcorn and continue to enjoy all the nerd rage. Good luck to us all
Nothing to tell more about this. +1

SarethX
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #713
Lets not forget...Europe gets full retail release on the 15th while we are still sitting in this forum crying that we aren't in yet till the 19th! Ouch!

stevoukuk
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #714
thanks for that stephen there are alot of anxoius people now

Khafar
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #715
Quote: Originally Posted by Oricular View Post
EA / Bioware: Spend the most money producing this MMO of any MMO to date.

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?
Nobody should expect that... the surge will be huge, and they need to spread things out so there aren't 1000+ people trying to run around on each starter planet concurrently.

These worlds consist of a large cluster of very expensive servers each, and they need to make good use of that hardware, spreading player levels over time to help balance that load across all planets on each world (and the whole cluster of servers for that world). If they have 2 million pre-orders and wanted to allow everyone to rush the gates all at once, they'd probably need like 1000 worlds (not 107). Then, post-launch, they'd have massive server mergers once the excitement died down (because once players spread out past the starting planets, each of those worlds would feel too empty).

Even just the Day 1 rush will be huge (although perhaps they'll finish that up by the end of today). Didn't they have like 350K pre-orders on July 21st?

Kudos to them for spreading things out, hopefully keeping the launch smooth. I don't expect to get in until maybe Saturday, but that's OK. My kids won't be joining me until Tuesday .

Khafar

Lord-Nimer
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #716
Redeemed code on 25th July, still not in. Might aswell practice for finals and maybe take a nap and see if i'm luckier in a few hours

harrydixon
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by ScramblesTD View Post
....you would rather wait until the 20th than get in on (at the very least) the 19th?

How exactly, does your thought process work?
Fed up of origin. They didnt send me a pre order code when i first pre ordered, then when they did, it told me that i had redeemed my code. However, I now find that I am yet to redeem my code according to swtor.com?

This wouldn't be too much of a problem if I could actually speak to someone who would answer my questions, but origin can't do that, and have a website that is like trying to navigate a minefield. I'm starting to wonder whether i'm even going to be able to play at all.

As a result of this, I'm going to just grunt and bear it for a week, and order off amazon, who I know are reliable and can at least answer my questions if something goes wrong...

Kaith
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #718
I do understand why they handle launch the way the do. But i somehow cant understand why they cant sent us an email with at least RAW estimates. It would spare us sitting in front of computer waiting for miracle to happen. They got us grounded and that is not a good way how to treat customers. If id be 100% i wont get in today i would go out or do something else. I even know people that took vacation from work. And they are sitting in front of PC looking and feeling like idiots. It wouldnt hurt to send an email:
Here are the estimate times of waves, if you have pre ordered 21-22 you can expect to get in around 14 00. If you pre ordered 23-26 and so on... This time might change due to server load.... Its not carved in stone but it would at least give people some IDEA when they can get in. If i knew for example my wave is originally scheduled for thursday i wont take day off on tuesday....
There is no ultimate truth to mystery of life and universe. Everyone has its own that is right for him that is the power we ve been given by the universe to shape our reality.

sparkleav
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #719
Time to take a break and brave the freezing cold weather here to go and get my son from school, hoping a new wave's gone out by the time I get back. Good luck everyone waiting for access and remember BioWare are working their butts off to deliver the product that we all want. Here's to a smooth launch on the 20th!
પ્રજાસત્તાક માટે! - want to know what it says? Drop it into Google Translate.
*I'm a cookie master!*

Fiorvanti
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #720
Quote: Originally Posted by Dislox View Post
got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?
I've got this too and it made me freak out to the effect that I tried to enter the code about 10 times afterwards! I think it's just for the CD key of the game, which we won't get until official launch