Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

speedyweasel
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1721
Quote: Originally Posted by -grimreaper View Post
Ok first of this is not fair in any why because there are people how order there game then had to what over a mouth to get there code. Because best buy sold more codes then they had. So now my wife is not going to get to play when I do because of a screw-up when we brought our games same day from deferent places.
Next the server are going to crash and there is nothing they can do about it because there will be a pill up of players at prime time. Now the next thing I paid for early game play I didnít need to preorder but did.
ummm.... Two words "spell check"
Collector's Edition Holder since 07/25/11

DeathDRH
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1722
Quote: Originally Posted by jizumnuri View Post
lol you guys are silly we have waited years .... whats 1 or two more days for the sake of a smooth release....last thing i wanna see is another rift fiasco
lol /sign
Quality or bust!!!

romoen
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1723
Quote: Originally Posted by sirjones View Post
So preordering a couple of days before essentially means throwing away the money because we can only start 1 day before?

Only reason i preordered is that i found out i can't play from the 21th untill early January....

I guess i should have rather saved my money then?
How are there literally hundreds (thousands?) of people that don't get it ....

Pre-ordering didn't cost an "additional" $5. It was a $5 deposit that was put toward the purchase of the game. Nobody is out anything; everyone spent the same amount of money for each individual version as everyone else.

ghost in the storm
aurora black, empire

chaostheEtone
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1724
It's really not that big a deal to have to wait another day or two, or three. I mean it could be worse, we could be forced to wait til *gasp* Dec 20th! The guys at Bioware are doing everything in their power to make sure the launch is running smoothly and honestly, I really appreciate that. I mean in addition to making what looks like an amazing game, they're making absolutely certain that everyone has a great adventure in the Star Wars universe. I'm not even a huge fan of the movies, but this game itself has so many awesome features for an MMO there's no way I can refrain from playing this. Even so, I was kinda late to the pre-ordering party so I gotta wait til probably Friday or so on to play. It's cool with me, since I know everything about this game is going to be worth the wait.

Juvir
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1725
I need to wear a head condom before continuing any further on this thread, I might catch the stupid, or have my eyes ***** by it all. Wouldn't want to pick up an STD, or god forbid, help any of the morons reproduce.

Alcebiades
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1726
Quote: Originally Posted by sengman View Post
Irony: when someone makes fun of someone else about comprehension with a jibe including words spelled wrong. Can't we all just get along?
Irony: When Individual C makes fun of Individual B's jab at individual A over comprehension, but doesn't comprehend that the mispelling is an intentional poke at the first person.

jschabs
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #1727
Anyone from the 22nd yet get invite on wave to so i know if i should go back to bed or not

Ashlotte
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #1728
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
I'm not even sure dates matter and that's why won't say. My wife has an invite and she pre-ordered in early oct. I think it might have ben 30 sep actually. I pre-order on 21st, got my code on 1 aug. I'm still not in. And there are others who ordered in Oct and Sep who are in while people who ordered on the 21st aren't. I think the whole first come first serve thing was just a line to attach a sense of fairness to EGA. Wouldn't be the first time Bioware has flat out lied and won't be the last.
OK, thank you for confirming my suspicion!

HEAR THAT, EVERYONE?

The invites are, at least in some part, R-A-N-D-O-M.

Just like the chances of getting into the beta were!

Doesn't seem like there's much priority in preorder date!

Voila! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, Eff You!

Let the flame begin! Burn baby burn!

Cyant
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #1729
Give an unlimited number of monkeys typewriters... I think this is what we see here, I cant wait to see a best selling book coming out of this thread...

Zikarus
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #1730
Quote: Originally Posted by Wargolem View Post
Reality : 3.5 hours Server stability is not an issue
They are just waiting for people to clear the starter areas so the zone wont lag
We are waiting so people can level up with no lag
You do realise the starter areas are instanced to 100 people each max, so on the one server they have multiple starting areas going at once depending on the amount of people...

In beta i had to transfer over to another version of tython to play with my friend on the same server....

So i dont think that is a reason to stand behind.