Just coming Back is PT still a monster

chrishill

Just coming off a 2 year break is PT Antipersonnel still a monster in pvp

Super high front-loaded burst but extremely poor survivability. I think it's the most fragile class in the game atm. Makes little sense considering the description of the class but there you have it. It's great when getting dedicated heals, without you can still do good damage but you die a lot. It's pretty poor in 1 vs 1 situations too, doesn't really dominate any other class and gets wrecked hard by some classes with others being a toss-up.

I’ve actually found that both AP and Pyrotech are capable of putting up insane numbers. The Superheated Fuel tactical makes 2/3 or your attacks crit for 15 seconds as Pyrotech, while AP just has consistently high damage across the board with your hardest hitting ability given an autocrit and a cooldown refresh.

Yes, PT is less hardy than other classes, but their survivability is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, you’ll get melted in a 2v1 situation without a healer, but they are perfectly capable of going 1v1 if you’re smart.

That said, yes PT is a bit overtuned in terms of damage. Not as bad as Concealment Op, but still rough.

I

Yes, PT is less hardy than other classes, but their survivability is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah, you’ll get melted in a 2v1 situation without a healer, but they are perfectly capable of going 1v1 if you’re smart.

Powertechs are just not balanced. Their survivability is significantly lower than every other class. I'd argue even assassins have better survivability thanks to their DCD's, and those at least have a reliable escape mechanic. At the same time, several DPS specs can quite easily match a PTs damage output and even rival its burst capability. In PvP, in a 1v1 scenario, a PT is at a significant disadvantage against every single other class due to lack of DCDs.

Powertechs are just not balanced. Their survivability is significantly lower than every other class. I'd argue even assassins have better survivability thanks to their DCD's, and those at least have a reliable escape mechanic. At the same time, several DPS specs can quite easily match a PTs damage output and even rival its burst capability. In PvP, in a 1v1 scenario, a PT is at a significant disadvantage against every single other class due to lack of DCDs.

I’m sorry, but you’re mostly wrong. The other classes that can truly rival PT’s burst capability are Conc Op and Deception Sin, two classes that are also woefully unbalanced in terms of damage output. Both PT specs have an offensive ability that doesn’t respect the global cooldown, meaning you can just spam it in conjunction with any other attack. AP PT can double up on autocrit Cell Burst, which hits for a minimum of 60K if you’re geared right. Pyro PT can auto crit on 2/3 of their abilities and they have two fairly respectable DoT abilities. With that damage output, going 1v1 with people and winning is not hard.

As for survivability, yeah PTs die quickly if you play them like a dumb tank. You have to slow, stun, and kite people around. With two hard stubs, potentially two stun breakers, a massive speed boost, immunity to slows and roots, various heals (smaller than we’d like, but still...), and damage reduction, you can survive just fine if you’re smart. No, you can’t just spam Kolto Probes, go invisible, or rollololol all over the battlefield. But if you’ve got the skills, you can last.