Bioware has killed the game

Brolyone

Eh, I more or less stopped playing lowbies when they removed pvp gear, so these changes are whatever to me. Lowbies have never been fun and its the same reason I don't pvp in wow till cap either.

BioWare: PvP is slow, lets combine low lvl and mid.

People who only PvP: i will never play my low lvl again therfore, I'm finished with SWTOR.

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. Anyone who only plays for PvP most likely has high level toons they also play with. Yes, lowbies and mid are a mess right now, but most folks will just get their toons to max level, or to a high enough level where lowbies and mid are doable. It’s more like BioWare has killed PvP for anyone under level 60.

mids on SF was predominately arenas. I liked that. they're quick and there's no "ignoring objectives." however, I know a lot of ppl despise them, and 70% arenas is a bit much for most ppl. so combining brackets would bring more balance to the maps. I can see that as a major factor.

mids on SF was predominately arenas. I liked that. they're quick and there's no "ignoring objectives." however, I know a lot of ppl despise them, and 70% arenas is a bit much for most ppl. so combining brackets would bring more balance to the maps. I can see that as a major factor.

They have mostly gone back to arena pops again (as I predicted). It took less than the 2 weeks I said this would happen.

At first there were more 8v8 than normal in lowbies. But as people below lvl 50 have realised, it’s not fun at lvls 10-40 trying to play against lvl 60-74s. So many have stopped or are power lvling during double XP.

It will be interesting how many will pvp after 2x XP stops. I expect lowbies will be in an even worse position than before.

They have mostly gone back to arena pops again (as I predicted). It took less than the 2 weeks I said this would happen.

At first there were more 8v8 than normal in lowbies. But as people below lvl 50 have realised, it’s not fun at lvls 10-40 trying to play against lvl 60-74s. So many have stopped or are power lvling during double XP.

It will be interesting how many will pvp after 2x XP stops. I expect lowbies will be in an even worse position than before.

1. the number of mid players in the queue won't change as the combination of brackets doesn't hurt them.

2. even if 90% of the lowbies stop queuing, that's still more in one queue than was there before.

so while you may well argue that it hurts pvp overall and the number of pvpers over all, it does increase the chance for more varied maps in the rotation. I'm not supporting this change. it's patently stupid. but it does increase the participation in "mids."

Edited by foxmob

1. the number of mid players in the queue won't change as the combination of brackets doesn't hurt them.

2. even if 90% of the lowbies stop queuing, that's still more in one queue than was there before.

so while you may well argue that it hurts pvp overall and the number of pvpers over all, it does increase the chance for more varied maps in the rotation. I'm not supporting this change. it's patently stupid. but it does increase the participation in "mids."

Not enough to make it that noticeable. 1-2 extra players aren’t enough to create a 8v8 map if it was already popping 4v4 at a certain time. At the times I play it’s still Arena.

IMO, the only thing that’s still got people queuing at the moment is the galactic seasons daily/weekly. Thankfully you don’t need to win to complete those. I’m sure if Bioware removed the win requirement for the new lowbies setup it would encourage more players too.

Bioware still don’t get it and Chris is still asking questions on Discord that have already been answered in full with detailed reasoning here on the forums.

Im 99.99% sure he doesn’t read the forum feed back and only takes feed back from the ranked guys on the discord channel. Which is skewed because many don’t care about regs and he gets no real feed back or the question is ignored.

Discord is good for quick questions, but not to have a deep dive discussion that needs to be detailed and backed up with reasoning. The format doesn’t allow for big posts like the forums and sadly, that’s where Chris goes to get feed back.

Maybe if he had some open two way discussions on the forums like he does on Discord, they could avoid many of the issues or mistakes they seemingly keep making or revisiting old ones.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Bioware still don’t get it and Chris is still asking questions on Discord that have already been answered in full with detailed reasoning here on the forums.

Im 99.99% sure he doesn’t read the forum feed back and only takes feed back from the ranked guys on the discord channel. Which is skewed because many don’t care about regs and he gets no real feed back or the question is ignored.

Discord is good for quick questions, but not to have a deep dive discussion that needs to be detailed and backed up with reasoning. The format doesn’t allow for big posts like the forums and sadly, that’s where Chris goes to get feed back.

Maybe if he had some open two way discussions on the forums like he does on Discord, they could avoid many of the issues or mistakes they seemingly keep making or revisiting old ones.

This right here is true, I tried for months to get replies regarding the lockout on the forums. No one answered except other players. I didn't even get a response from the Community Manager regarding it. Tried private messages on forums too with no luck. Joined that discord server and within 24 hours of a private message to Chris I got a response from him. He doesn't use the forums, he only listens to select handful of players, and he was in my opinion the worst thing to happen to SWTOR.

Heck it has been almost a week since he put up the post on the forums about they bracket change and that he was sorry about not communicating it beforehand. Just the original post is it from him. No other response.

Edited by BallisticKaine

This right here is true, I tried for months to get replies regarding the lockout on the forums. No one answered except other players. I didn't even get a response from the Community Manager regarding it. Tried private messages on forums too with no luck. Joined that discord server and within 24 hours of a private message to Chris I got a response from him. He doesn't use the forums, he only listens to select handful of players, and he was in my opinion the worst thing to happen to SWTOR.

Heck it has been almost a week since he put up the post on the forums about they bracket change and that he was sorry about not communicating it beforehand. Just the original post is it from him. No other response.

Are you saying he admitted to you that he doesn’t read the forums?

Joined that discord server and within 24 hours of a private message to Chris I got a response from him. He doesn't use the forums, he only listens to select handful of players, and he was in my opinion the worst thing to happen to SWTOR.

Yep, i was saying/warning about the very same thing in a certain massive forum thread which i can't mention anymore and was practically getting vilified (by certain posters i won't mention) .

It's rather disappointing, but certainly not surprising.

Typical developer favoritism to those with easier "safer" access, at the expense of other loyal subscribers with just as legitimate concerns & feedback.

Happens in every MMO tbqh. Doesn't make it right though.

Edited by Nee-Elder
surely you can see how this whole 'KappaChris' DISCORD situation is unfair (at least perception-wise, no? )

No, just that the fact is I got a quicker response through the discord than I ever did on here. You can come to your own conclusion and put 2 and 2 together.

out of curiosity, what was the question and the response? PM if it's not "legal" to post here.

yeah they did, i just read that they cancelled everyones subscription and they are powering down the servers for good.

GAME.OFFICIALLY.KILLED

Congratulations, you got your silly troll trophy of the day :sy_title:

Srsly, why barge into the guys thread to say nothing useful, just bait in a infantile way?

Congratulations, you got your silly troll trophy of the day :sy_title:

Srsly, why barge into the guys thread to say nothing useful, just bait in a infantile way?

I believe the thread itself was a troll and said nothing useful. When in rome..

game is doing fine, high player turnover is a core aspect of any mmo or similar online game, its simply how this category of games work

That’s all well and good if you get the same or more players coming back. But it currently feels like we are always bleeding out more players than new ones joining. Otherwise why are we down 2 US servers and 1 main EU server with 2 satellite language servers.

And Bioware’s continued misguided efforts to drive more players away isn’t helping matters. I’m sure they don’t do it on purpose, but they also never admit to a mistake and back track to fix them. So when they F-UP and drive players away, those players never come back and we don’t get enough new players to fill their spots.

The latest changes to the game since January certainly aren’t helping matters and are just compounding the problem decisions they made last year to pvp.

Fair point.

The solution would be to slow the queues. The quality of the games could have offset the wait time.