Give OEM or RPM for reg weekly.

Beyrahl

I have two sets of 300IL augs already, I know it'd devalue them tremendously. However, it'd definitely increase the population of reg warzones and players not wanting to lose. Also, it'd make the weekly way more valuable and reasonable for it to be wins only.

I don't know what's coming for 10 year, but I can't imagine 300 IL augments being BiS for longer than a year from now. If there happens to be an expansion they're immediately rendered useless, so why not let everyone get them much easier.

I have two sets of 300IL augs already, I know it'd devalue them tremendously. However, it'd definitely increase the population of reg warzones and players not wanting to lose. Also, it'd make the weekly way more valuable and reasonable for it to be wins only.

I don't know what's coming for 10 year, but I can't imagine 300 IL augments being BiS for longer than a year from now. If there happens to be an expansion they're immediately rendered useless, so why not let everyone get them much easier.

You always have good ideas. I like this.

That kind of negates their purpose of getting players to into group ranked. I can’t see this ever happening.

I like the idea of them being more freely available, but I don't think it will change the situation. People left pvp because of the tragic changes to the missions, etc. They've killed a bracket, added it to GS, etc, but none of it has improved the situation. The extra mats may encourage people to try it out, but it's not going to make them any better.

I contend that they would still have to adopt the old Ranked mission points system of 50 total, loss = 1, win = 5 to make this work. The people brought in by the prospect of mats will most likely quit after losing with any frequency (just look at how long most mat-farmers lasted in Team Ranked; as soon as they queued into a team that wasn't comprised of other mat farmers, they stopped queuing for frustration of getting farmed to earn precisely zero progress).

I contend that they would still have to adopt the old Ranked mission points system of 50 total, loss = 1, win = 5 to make this work. The people brought in by the prospect of mats will most likely quit after losing with any frequency (just look at how long most mat-farmers lasted in Team Ranked; as soon as they queued into a team that wasn't comprised of other mat farmers, they stopped queuing for frustration of getting farmed to earn precisely zero progress).

Mat farmers don’t work in TR unless there are other mat farmers. And there aren’t other mat farmers because the proper TR players destroy them so fast they stop queuing.

Where mats should work is encouraging solo ranked guys to form TR teams to play. But it doesn’t for some reason (unless there are mat farmers for them to kill). It’s why BioWare removed the mats from solos, but it still did nothing to improve TR pops.

What I don’t understand is the solo ranked guys want non stacked matches or proper compositions in solos, but won’t play TR where they can set up the perfect comps. BioWare even adds special mats for them and they still don’t play. Then they complain about TR win traders and report them when TR isn’t popping.

The community is its own worst enemy. You want to stop win traders, go play TR when the traders are on and break them up.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Unranked doesn't require any efforts to increase the population of players. It's the most active content at the moment. On the other side, team and solo ranked require it much more.

Unranked doesn't require any efforts to increase the population of players. It's the most active content at the moment. On the other side, team and solo ranked require it much more.

I’m not suggesting they do this, but if they were to link OEMs/RPMs to completing the reg daily/weekly, it might encourage more people to play to win instead of DMing or AFKing. Of course it may also encourage wintrading in regs which is less regulated than ranked win trading. So I can see it also having a negative affect on regs if they added them.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I am not normally for "simplification" but in this instance I do agree with you. Initially, I paid no attention to the 300IL augs and regret not focusing on crafting them sooner. Two sets is incredible and impressive. I have yet to make a single one :confused:! I just did not think the time and effort was worth the investment....well...I was wrong.