Nerf Powertech and stuns

condorrail

I recently got back into the game and thought I might try my hand at the pvp. This was a bad idea as Powertech is currently overpowered with the amount of stuns it can perform, I was stuck in place having already used everything I can to break out and had to watch as my health bar got absolutely destroyed, this was the same case with my other teammates and I wasn't even playing ranked. The Powertech advanced class needs to be nerfed when it comes to pvp and stuns in general need to be nerfed in pvp. Pvp is very unbalanced and not fun at all to play with how the state of it is currently

Every class has an abundance of stuns, mezzes, roots, and slows. Some are better than others, but they still exist. It’s something that has to be played around at the moment.

As for Powertechs, they’re fine where they are. Yes, they deal mountains of damage, but they are also glass cannons that die almost instantly to any amount of focus. Ask any Powertech/Vanguard player and they’ll tell you that for every game where they pull insane dps, there are three where they spend more time face down in the dirt than actually fighting (premades and pocket heals excluded).

I recently got back into the game and thought I might try my hand at the pvp. This was a bad idea as Powertech is currently overpowered with the amount of stuns it can perform, I was stuck in place having already used everything I can to break out and had to watch as my health bar got absolutely destroyed, this was the same case with my other teammates and I wasn't even playing ranked. The Powertech advanced class needs to be nerfed when it comes to pvp and stuns in general need to be nerfed in pvp. Pvp is very unbalanced and not fun at all to play with how the state of it is currently

I'm curious - what class do you play and what is your gear ilvl?

Every class has an abundance of stuns, mezzes, roots, and slows. Some are better than others, but they still exist. It’s something that has to be played around at the moment.

As for Powertechs, they’re fine where they are.

no. carbonize is far too powerful for the amount of resolve it uses, and it always has been. that issue is exacerbated by the fact that AP PT churns out absurd burst. it's an aoe stun (i.e., hard stun) that can be stacked with another PT's carbonize without filling an opponent's resolve. that is broken. it always has been. it's just ironic that AP's burst is incredibly high, and they're the class that has this broken aoe stun.

the solution is pretty simple. either increase the duration of carb so that 2 of them fill resolve or change the resolve applicable to that ability individually.

in any case, new xpack and level cap in december, which means new balance, new set bonuses, and possibly new tacticals? BW isn't making any significant balance changes until then, and the carbonize resolve issue has been around forever. they obviously don't see it as a problem.

every class has an abundance of stuns, mezzes, roots, and slows. Some are better than others, but they still exist. It’s something that has to be played around at the moment.

As for powertechs, they’re fine where they are. Yes, they deal mountains of damage, but they are also glass cannons that die almost instantly to any amount of focus. Ask any powertech/vanguard player and they’ll tell you that for every game where they pull insane dps, there are three where they spend more time face down in the dirt than actually fighting (premades and pocket heals excluded).

q.f.e

no. carbonize is far too powerful for the amount of resolve it uses, and it always has been. that issue is exacerbated by the fact that AP PT churns out absurd burst. it's an aoe stun (i.e., hard stun) that can be stacked with another PT's carbonize without filling an opponent's resolve. that is broken. it always has been. it's just ironic that AP's burst is incredibly high, and they're the class that has this broken aoe stun.

the solution is pretty simple. either increase the duration of carb so that 2 of them fill resolve or change the resolve applicable to that ability individually.

in any case, new xpack and level cap in december, which means new balance, new set bonuses, and possibly new tacticals? BW isn't making any significant balance changes until then, and the carbonize resolve issue has been around forever. they obviously don't see it as a problem.

One ability needing to be changed isn’t the same as an entire class needing to be nerfed. And the issue with Carbonize has less to do with the ability and more to do with the broken resolve system. Your suggestion to fix it is valid, but it doesn’t change my argument that Powertech is fine where it is.

no. carbonize is far too powerful for the amount of resolve it uses, and it always has been. that issue is exacerbated by the fact that AP PT churns out absurd burst. it's an aoe stun (i.e., hard stun) that can be stacked with another PT's carbonize without filling an opponent's resolve. that is broken. it always has been. it's just ironic that AP's burst is incredibly high, and they're the class that has this broken aoe stun...

It's only a 2.5 second (or at best 3sec, when rarely spec into) stun. By the time you'd think to go CC break it, the stun already ended and you can CC break their next 4 second stun. It's really not that big of a deal IMO. Operative's double 4 second stun (on a sub 30sec cooldown), and burst damage is much more broken in PvP IMO. /shrug

That said, I'm not opposed to resolve changes to that or other abilities. In fact I recently posted about using CC break should give you 2 second immunity before you can be re-stunned. Which would help most people's complaints in general regarding stuns and pvp. But I'm not fully aware of their plans for 7.0 and if they plan to tweak PvP.

Edited by SOULCASTER

• 5 weeks later...
Returning player as well. What the heck is up with all the 3v4 and 2v3 matches in unranked? Played five matches in a row at a player disadvantage.

Because half your team is trying to play objectives and the other half is deathmaching or afk. Most players in regs will also decide that they have an ‘S’ on their chest, go in solo, and get globalled while trying to rack up a kill or two, instead of communicating with the team or sticking to other dps/healers.

It boils down to there being such a disparate difference in the way people play PvP, that one group can gain an insurmountable advantage over the other without needing to put in much effort.

No, I literally mean 3v4. Played six matches in a row where the other team had four players and we only had three. Stayed that way entire match.

Oh. Well, in that case someone decided to nope out of the arena queue. [sarcasm]Aren’t we all just soooo glad to have that deserter debuff in place and doing it’s job?[/sarcasm]

Because half your team is trying to play objectives and the other half is deathmaching or afk. Most players in regs will also decide that they have an ‘S’ on their chest, go in solo, and get globalled while trying to rack up a kill or two, instead of communicating with the team or sticking to other dps/healers.

It boils down to there being such a disparate difference in the way people play PvP, that one group can gain an insurmountable advantage over the other without needing to put in much effort.

If you want to make deathmatching less prevalent in PvP just get rid of the stats at the end of the game or only show objective points. :)

If you want to make deathmatching less prevalent in PvP just get rid of the stats at the end of the game or only show objective points. :)

No, the e-peen crowd will find something else to latch onto, or they’ll download some add on that tracks your kills.

• 3 weeks later...

The most toxic players play PT's.

I was a mando that had 100% and went down to 20% with a burst. Are you stupid or something?

That is not balanced at all. They spam abilities, dcds, and immunities and have a giant window to do pure DPS specc level amounts of damage? Are you dumb or something Bioware?

Not to mention the atrocious netcode and latency, so when you concuss charge them away, suddenly they spawn right beside you, even after they've already used their jet charge.

The game's pvp is absolute trash and the game designers should be ashamed of themselves.

Buy Street Fighter 5 and play a real PVP game. That's the only one that matters.