Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BlueShiftRecall
01.21.2018 , 02:38 PM | #411
Hoping for a road map soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

OrionLives
01.22.2018 , 05:13 AM | #412
Let me first start by saying I love this game.

Let me follow up with saying there is so much strangled potential here and it really is like gasping for breath in an ocean of disappointment.

A little dark, but its the potential I see that breaks my heart... this game could be everything we want it to be and more yet somehow, be it EA Bureaucracy, or something less obvious... its not.

When Lana breaks you out of Carbonite you're gathering fresh water when she says something that fits the relationship between EA and SWTOR perfectly.

"I don't think Arcann feels any desire to actually govern our portion of the galaxy; for now, he sees it as a backwater, useful only for resources."

Replace Arcann with EA. Replace govern with Develop. and Replace resources with The Cartel Market.

Again I love this game and I love Star Wars but its Tragic that it cant be more than what it is.
"I don't think EA feels any desire to actually develop our portion of the galaxy; for now, they sees it as a backwater, useful only for The Cartel Market." - Lana Beniko

EricMusco
01.22.2018 , 02:17 PM | #413 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We have seen a few questions about what is required in order to get these companions. Here are the requirements:
  • You must be the Class where the Companion was originally introduced. Ex: A Smuggler to get Risha.
  • You must have completed the KOTET story. The reason for this requirement is that the story of these Companions takes place after the events of KOTET.
We know there has been interest in players being able to acquire Companions outside of these restrictions, such as through the Companion Locator Terminal. Although that is not something we can do quickly, the team is absolutely aware of the feedback.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric
Eric Musco | Senior Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Estelindis
01.22.2018 , 02:26 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You must have completed the KOTET story. The reason for this requirement is that the story of these Companions takes place after the events of KOTET.
This is interesting: KotET must be completed but the character doesn't have to be fully advanced through the Iokath/Traitor storyline. So, in a sense, characters whose players didn't advance them as far get to have their companions return "sooner."
|| Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

kodrac
01.22.2018 , 02:44 PM | #415
You must have completed the KOTET story. The reason for this requirement is that the story of these Companions takes place after the events of KOTET.
That sucks though because I'm not running my Smuggler through KOTET. One or two characters is enough. So even if I've started the Iokath storyline I still can't do these?
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I can't tap dance... So I don't try to give lessons...

AnisaBadgett
01.22.2018 , 02:57 PM | #416
Hey folks,

We know there has been interest in players being able to acquire Companions outside of these restrictions, such as through the Companion Locator Terminal. Although that is not something we can do quickly, the team is absolutely aware of the feedback.

-eric
*slides you $20* Do it quickly, please.

Eshvara
01.22.2018 , 03:04 PM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
Hoping for a road map soon.
Yes please! /o/
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Kyrielan
01.22.2018 , 03:06 PM | #418
What happens if we already have Corso from the Companion terminal? Will that Corso be replaced?

TUXs
01.22.2018 , 03:28 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrielan View Post
What happens if we already have Corso from the Companion terminal? Will that Corso be replaced?
If it's like anything previously, they'll just be swapped. My Elara and Jorgan just appeared naked one day prior to their quests, so I assume it'll work like that did.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AlienEyeTX
01.22.2018 , 03:37 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
That sucks though because I'm not running my Smuggler through KOTET. One or two characters is enough. So even if I've started the Iokath storyline I still can't do these?
I'd like to know about this, too. I'm in the same boat. I have run two characters through everything current. I have a third that I started KotET with ages ago and just don't want to finish. Then there are those that I haven't started KotET with yet. That includes the ones getting companions this time.

I wish they wouldn't hold everything hostage with KotFE/ET. It's a terrible story, especially if you've run it once or twice already. We just want to run different content, right?

This is a stupid corner they've painted themselves into. They started giving all companions to everyone and we got used to it and ignored some characters because we "knew" the companions would be available on other characters that we play. But now they've gone and changed direction yet again, which puts us in the terrible position of choosing whether or not to play content we hate just to get companions back.

Not cool.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku