Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

When people say solo story mode SoV is STILL BROKEN. That people have been saying it's broken since day 1.

But we see no one complaining about solo story mode Secrets of the Enclave being too difficult so far.

That's where the problem is.

People. About Gear...

Sorry, but this is a really BAD Joke!

Normally from manuals... show Flash Point should work with even 245 / 260.. about. Even in Manuals. ALL higher is called already " over Powered " .

BUT mostly in such way.

It is really great. You spend Money Monthly for " Abo " !

You pay Money for Clothes! ( Store, Real money / credits . NOT the ingame free given ones! ) .

Then you get off course these things to get your clothes higher... . Good, and that is awaited.

But then.. you have for 1!! Flashpoint to read. That your clothes, what you cared about, rated them up ( arming... ) become totally useless?? AND only with thrown down dress it works. Special, if you kicked already für 8 Levels these things too away, because you have your own whished.

This is WORSE then a Bad Joke.

This post wins the internet.

my brain melted with each sentence, MORE! hehe

But i somehow understood it (i am a german). To the topic: i ran that fp in solomode to get to the new story bits on imp side and it was a cakewalk compared to the first week of release, but even back then it was easier than master mode chapters (i completed them all solo), just took some time to kill the trash. With heroic moment and a bit of class mechanics knowledge this new nerfed version should be no problem. The tentacle room suprised me a bit, but was no problem with a marauder, dot dot smash gg:D

People expect to be able to play the game with the gear the game gives them just playing the game just as they always were able to do for everything beforehand. I have 272-278 gear because that's what the game gave me. I shouldn't have to do competitive play and grind for scores of millions of credits and thousands of tech components for who knows how many hours of combat playtime to get everything to 306 gear. For those players who like PvP Veteran and Master flashpoints and uprisings and operations and whatever people are talking about looking for HK components, enjoy. Have fun. For us Story players we want to be able to play the Story.

I am a solo player and hate pvp and I have 2 of my characters in 306 gear. I do heroics and weeklies and get the fragments. I used the fragments first on the correct gear that is good for the character's spec and then go to the upgrade vendor in the fleet and exchange the fragments for mods, etc. Of course it will take you a bit to go through the gear as it gives you the next tier that you don't have but it doesn't require competitive play nor pvp to gear your character.

I am a solo player and hate pvp and I have 2 of my characters in 306 gear. I do heroics and weeklies and get the fragments. I used the fragments first on the correct gear that is good for the character's spec and then go to the upgrade vendor in the fleet and exchange the fragments for mods, etc. Of course it will take you a bit to go through the gear as it gives you the next tier that you don't have but it doesn't require competitive play nor pvp to gear your character.

But I shouldn't need to for Story Mode. I don't have South Park Killing Boars time to grind 8 characters, one for each class, into their own set of complete 306 gear doing heroics and weeklies. I should be able to play the Story as I have always been able to with whatever gear I get from playing the previous Story.

I've fond that gear doesn't make any difference but some classes are much easier than others. I got my gunslinger, sniper & marauder through first time whereas my merc & juggernaut kept being killed no matter what tactics I tried. This is when being able to switch to a stronger companion would likely help.

I have done this horror of a storymode flashpoint twice. on my merc and on my jedi knight. And both were wearing 306 gear and it in both cases took over 1 hours 30 minutes because of how op all the mobs are i died over 10 times. The trash mobs are still so super mega op that the bosses are easier at least in comparison. Not even the chiss one was so bad for me when it first came out. It is an absolute slogfest of a grind due to all the op mobs. this place needs to be nerfed even more especially on storymode. I decided to try all three sentinel speccs, to see if that helped matters it did not.

When people say solo story mode SoV is STILL BROKEN. That people have been saying it's broken since day 1.

But we see no one complaining about solo story mode Secrets of the Enclave being too difficult so far.

That's where the problem is.

Secrets of the Enclave is also ridiculously easy. Maybe some middle ground would be nice.

I have done this horror of a storymode flashpoint twice. on my merc and on my jedi knight. And both were wearing 306 gear and it in both cases took over 1 hours 30 minutes because of how op all the mobs are i died over 10 times. The trash mobs are still so super mega op that the bosses are easier at least in comparison. Not even the chiss one was so bad for me when it first came out. It is an absolute slogfest of a grind due to all the op mobs. this place needs to be nerfed even more especially on storymode. I decided to try all three sentinel speccs, to see if that helped matters it did not.

Ok in 306 gear even when it first came out it never took me longer than an hour and I never died on neither of my characters. I'm afraid that might be user error. You need to take a look at your abilities and figure out why you're dying so much.

Edited by Pricia

Secrets of the Enclave is also ridiculously easy. Maybe some middle ground would be nice.

Ok in 306 gear even when it first came out it never took me longer than an hour and I never died on neither of my characters. I'm afraid that might be user error. You need to take a look at your abilities and figure out why you're dying so much.

The secret of the enclave feels just right diffuculty and hp damage wise on the mobs and stuff.

Not much to look at when one attack from a trash mob takes me almost to half health. And i know my class and spec and have had no such extreme dying issues in anything before as i have said before but maybe elsewhere that not even when the chiss one was new was it this bad for me.

Edited by Jevnaker

I'm still unable to finish it because of the final boss, more accurately the second mob. I die before killing the second sniper if I'm lucky to get that far. If I go after the others first I die in 5 seconds. 272-278 gear, which is the gear the game gave me having played all previous content. I still have lots of play time left with other characters, but this is where the game ends for me. I don't give a damn how easy it is for other people with 306 gear. I don't have 306 gear. I shouldn't need 306 gear if the previous game content won't give it to me. It's not easy for me. I'm not playing the game wrong. I'm playing it the way I have been. I know about interrupts and buffs, and how to use them. They don't help here. I'm fine with strategy. Strategy doesn't work here.

It says Story Mode, but it's not "Story Mode". Getting to the end is its own problem. I can get there, but even the mooks take a long time to drop. Certain places you die if you draw too much aggro. That's part of strategy, to pace yourself attacking in the room. They can be defeated without all the aggro. If you do die those you already killed don't respawn. It is a hard flashpoint, but it cannot be finished with what the game gives me. I should be able to since that's how the game has always been played. I was able to finish the Voss Walker quest before they toned it down to the proper difficulty. I was able to defeat the infamous Sentinels of Iokath before I learned the key strategy to defeat them without dying. Vaylin in Mindscape can be defeated by moving out of the red area when she's floating. Get the final boss of Manaan in the fire circle. Learn the point of the blue and red globes when fighting Revan. All these hard bosses and flashpoints can be defeated using the gear the game gives you. Spirit of Vengeance should not be any different, but it is.

I resubbed a fews days ago to continue the story, and I'm shocked. I've been playing since 2012 - during "vanilla" the game was much harder - but I've never ever experienced something like this before. I'm not a bad player at all, but I can't defeat the last boss. The adds are destroying Ras so quickly no matter what tactics I try...As others pointed out, story mode should not be this difficult...

Is there any way to skip this FP? I guess not...but it's ridiculous that I can't continue the story because of this!

I've read that top gear + being a tank might not be an easy way either. And I'm DPS.

I resubbed a fews days ago to continue the story, and I'm shocked. I've been playing since 2012 - during "vanilla" the game was much harder - but I've never ever experienced something like this before. I'm not a bad player at all, but I can't defeat the last boss. The adds are destroying Ras so quickly no matter what tactics I try...As others pointed out, story mode should not be this difficult...

Is there any way to skip this FP? I guess not...but it's ridiculous that I can't continue the story because of this!

I've read that top gear + being a tank might not be an easy way either. And I'm DPS.

It is quite easy now for all Disciplines and roles. What is your gear level (iRating), and what is your Discipline? What fight are you having a difficulty with?

Edited by mike_carton

• 3 weeks later...
Some classes are still much more difficult than others. Bounty Hunter (powertech & merc) is proving impossible but I completed with my jedi sage without dying once. Gear has not made any difference.

Calling something impossible is kind of risky. it can be proven wrong really fast...

Since I haven't done the story with my pt so far and I don't plan doing it in the future I used Aric Jorgan (as DPS) as a Rass replacement (on Level 1). I started with Full 306 Gear and removed gear till 197er rating.

And please. Gear makes a diffrence, but more importantly is how you play with your class. I don't claim to play optimally in the video or even in general.

Please stop saying it's impossible if it's clearly a learn to play issue. Some classes will always be favorable than others. Mercs and Slingers doing more DMG than theire Counterparts for example. Deal with it.

Does the flashpoint have bugs? Yes. Are they annoying? Absolutly!

Edited by CarlGustaf

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised that the developers haven't fixed this stupid Flashpoint yet. Storymode feels like the difficulty is stuck on Veteran or Master. I've tried it s number of times already and have simply given up on trying to complete it. It feels like the devs created that Flashpoint with the specific intent on forcing players to do that FP in teams.

I'm surprised that the developers haven't fixed this stupid Flashpoint yet. Storymode feels like the difficulty is stuck on Veteran or Master. I've tried it s number of times already and have simply given up on trying to complete it. It feels like the devs created that Flashpoint with the specific intent on forcing players to do that FP in teams.

Can you actually do it in a team for story completion?

Can you actually do it in a team for story completion?

I'm pretty sure you should be able to because I had a former guild member help me out with a chapter mission, I think it was Fallen Empire, and I received the completion for it, even though I had help in a team. I'm pretty sure that Flashpoints would work the same way. But, even if Bioware tweaked the Flashpoint, it is still impossible to do or complete when you're solo. I'm sufficiently geared for Flashpoints and I keep getting stomped.

There are a number of different bosses in the game but those regular NPC mobs that are placed almost every 10 feet on the ship, they hit like those bosses with the bright sun next to their NPC name. Let's not get started on the actual bosses themselves. IT almost feels like you're fighting a worldboss, SOLO.

There are a number of different bosses in the game but those regular NPC mobs that are placed almost every 10 feet on the ship, they hit like those bosses with the bright sun next to their NPC name. Let's not get started on the actual bosses themselves. IT almost feels like you're fighting a worldboss, SOLO.

The first Boss opens with his You Die power. You need to move out of the danger area right after your first attack to start the fight. Keep on the lookout for it and take plenty of trips to the healing tanks.

The second Boss take out the healers first. Then take out the help. Then fight the Boss alone. Also take plenty of trips to the healing tanks. Everyone is still deadly as if they were bosses themselves, so you must suffer them. It has been awhile since I played, but I think there is good news in that if/when you die any healers and help you previously killed will stay dead so the battle becomes relatively easier upon respawning.

The third Boss is the easiest one in my opinion. You only fight her, but unlike the first Boss she doesn't have a You Die power. She's not a pushover, but I found her to be the normal strength as other story mode flashpoint bosses.

The fourth Boss herself is story mode flashpoint boss normal to fight. It's her help who kill you. First Wave kill the healers first. They do go down relatively fast. Your Companion on Heal will keep you alive long enough to kill them. Then go after the other two in a slugfest one by one. The Second Wave you just die. Some people have suggested kill the snipers first. Doesn't work for me. It's a coin flip if I kill one without dying. If I succeed it's a coin flip if I die before I reach the healing tank. If I succeed I always die while attacking the second sniper. Other people suggest I attack the mob first. Doesn't work for me. I just die. I can use stuns, heroic moment, defensive buffs, doesn't matter. I just die.

I think the PT Pyro video is a good example of how you can be bad at the game and still do it.

For starters - no interrupts make the job harder.

Secondly no AoE stuns or crowd control or even using the right buttons - they're literally showing you how they can be bad and still get the job done, which is a positive sight.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to because I had a former guild member help me out with a chapter mission, I think it was Fallen Empire, and I received the completion for it, even though I had help in a team. I'm pretty sure that Flashpoints would work the same way.

You might be sure, but if so, you're wrong. Solo-Story FPs are solo. And story.

But, even if Bioware tweaked the Flashpoint, it is still impossible to do or complete when you're solo. I'm sufficiently geared for Flashpoints and I keep getting stomped.

It isn't impossible for *me* to complete when *I'm* solo.

Sorry, but no. I've fought (briefly, and fatally for me) world bosses(1) solo. The bosses in SoV aren't anything like that. Not even *close*.

(1) SWTOR world bosses don't rate Initial Capitals. They are hopeless wusses. Tequatl the Sunless or The Shatterer could wipe the floor with them. Even so, they are more than strong enough to wipe the floor with even the best-equipped single player.