Changes made to Kai Zykken

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

I have an update concerning the notable change that many of you noticed with Kai Zykken. This was a change that was planned for 7.0, however, it went out earlier than expected. Please note that Kai Zykken will remain as is until 7.0.

When Legacy of the Sith launches, Kai will offer the following:

• A rotating collection of Tacticals
  • A rotating collection of crafting Schematics for Tacticals and Set Bonuses
  • A new Unidentified crate that will give players a piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion. This will be similar to the current Unidentified Unique Item crate but we will be removing the Tacticals since they can be purchased via other means and renaming the crate to better reflect its content.

Apologies for the confusion on the update to Kai's inventory.

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an update concerning the notable change that many of you noticed with Kai Zykken. This was a change that was planned for 7.0, however, it went out earlier than expected. Please note that Kai Zykken will remain as is until 7.0.

Jackie, i realize you're just the messenger but.... well.... i'll just simply ask 2 very legitimate questions:

1. How does such a significant code-change get through your developer filters & checks? Is it because Kai's schedule is now fully automated on rotation or whatever?

2. Why not hotfix/revert such an unfortunate blunder immediately upon first getting detected?

Edited by Nee-Elder
apologies are fine , but what's even better is to reduce (or eliminate) all the recent blunders. i sure hope 7.0 is good

• A new Unidentified crate that will give players a piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion. This will be similar to the current Unidentified Unique Item crate but we will be removing the Tacticals since they can be purchased via other means and renaming the crate to better reflect its content.

Two questions.

1. Will those be new schematics, or the current ones? I think I still need some of the current ones and I'll be sad if I can't get them anymore due to a bug.

2. Is there any hope Kai's unidentified crate will have some sort of RNG protection? If not, the odds of finishing any sets will be astronomically low. I had really hooped they would continue to drop for lvls 75-79 :(

Two questions.

1. Will those be new schematics, or the current ones? I think I still need some of the current ones and I'll be sad if I can't get them anymore due to a bug.

I don't think they plan to release any changes to crafting with 7.0 so I would assume those will be old\existing sets.

2. Is there any hope Kai's unidentified crate will have some sort of RNG protection? If not, the odds of finishing any sets will be astronomically low. I had really hooped they would continue to drop for lvls 75-79 :(

Keep all your sets (both complete and incomplete) on one character when buying from Kai. She shouldn't be selling dupicates of things you have on you and in your personal cargo bay (but legacy bay doesn't count).

Keep all your sets (both complete and incomplete) on one character when buying from Kai. She shouldn't be selling dupicates of things you have on you and in your personal cargo bay (but legacy bay doesn't count).

Is this really the case? If so I may have a shot at finishing some sets still but I am kind of surprised about this statement as I think I have experienced quite often that I get the same item multiple times when buying fi 10 unidentified items from Kai. Tacticals I am almost 100pct sure but also duplicate gear pieces. I will try it but can anyone confirm this?

Is this really the case? If so I may have a shot at finishing some sets still but I am kind of surprised about this statement as I think I have experienced quite often that I get the same item multiple times when buying fi 10 unidentified items from Kai. Tacticals I am almost 100pct sure but also duplicate gear pieces. I will try it but can anyone confirm this?

half true i experienced that the specific class sets don`t duplicate if you already have them but the general drop duplicate pieces

half true i experienced that the specific class sets don`t duplicate if you already have them but the general drop duplicate pieces

This is my understanding as well. The general set pieces will definitely drop many, many times, but class-specific pieces that you are wearing or that are in your personal cargo hold are not supposed to be duplicated.

• Dev Post
Jackie, i realize you're just the messenger but.... well.... i'll just simply ask 2 very legitimate questions:

1. How does such a significant code-change get through your developer filters & checks? Is it because Kai's schedule is now fully automated on rotation or whatever?

2. Why not hotfix/revert such an unfortunate blunder immediately upon first getting detected?

Hey Nee-Elder,

Without going into details, it was more that this was tied to 7.0's original roll out plan. Additionally, a hotfix is not easily implemented at this time. ​

Two questions.

Hi Damask_Rose,

These will be the schematics that have existed on Kai for all of 6.0, so there won't be new schematics. There will be the same level of RNG protection that currently exists on the crate. We are working on doing a write up on this to explain how it works a bit better.

I don't think they plan to release any changes to crafting with 7.0 so I would assume those will be old\existing sets.

This is true in the case that this will work for non-general Set Bonuses.

Hey Nee-Elder,

Without going into details, it was more that this was tied to 7.0's original roll out plan. Additionally, a hotfix is not easily implemented at this time. ​

Understood. What's done is done i suppose. It's just slightly disappointing since lots of players had planned to have a few more weeks for 'set collection' achievement hunt. :(

Never-the-less, i really appreciate your (and the Dev Team) replying to the questions. And i shall continue to maintain hope for the BEST for 7.0 , despite my recent concerns & criticisms. :ph_use_the_force:

Hi Damask_Rose,

These will be the schematics that have existed on Kai for all of 6.0, so there won't be new schematics. There will be the same level of RNG protection that currently exists on the crate. We are working on doing a write up on this to explain how it works a bit better.

Thank you!

Which doesn't really help when it seems like the general sets drop 20:1 vs the class sets.

Pretty much. I never had an issue with the extra tacticals, always could use another life warden. The non-class specific sets? Just make them work the same as the class specific sets.

I know this is slightly off-topic; but is this RNG protection part of the alliance reward boxes too?

Opening 100 boxes just to get one pair of missing gloves is a bit crazy making?

If the RNG protection exists what are the limitations of it? do the existing sets have to be in your inventory, personal bank? legacy bank?

Are there any plans to put these alliance shells in the cartel market to have an infinitely claimable account wide version of them? At the moment they are taking up 4 bank tabs and I have to destroy all the duplicates whether I like those bits or not; which means I can't save them for companions etc.

OFC this wouldn't be an issue if companions had "outfits" instead of (or as well as) "gear".

Thanks

x

Pretty much. I never had an issue with the extra tacticals, always could use another life warden. The non-class specific sets? Just make them work the same as the class specific sets.

I always did. I would go buy 4 items of Kai's unidentified and would get 3 tactical's and a non-class set piece. Dropping the tact's from the rng is greatly appreciated.

Hey Nee-Elder,

Without going into details, it was more that this was tied to 7.0's original roll out plan. Additionally, a hotfix is not easily implemented at this time.

Hi everyone,

When Legacy of the Sith launches, Kai will offer the following:

• A rotating collection of Tacticals

I've been thinking about this for a bit and have a question. How did PART of the 7.0 Kai changes make it into the game? Shouldn't it have been all of the 7.0 changes or none of the 7.0 changes?

I've been thinking about this for a bit and have a question. How did PART of the 7.0 Kai changes make it into the game? Shouldn't it have been all of the 7.0 changes or none of the 7.0 changes?

I think it's more that something didn't make it in. Kai had a regular rotating schedule of items, but based on this I'd guess 6.x-Kai's schedule had a predetermined end date. When the expansion got pushed, no one added inventory for the missing weeks to fill the gap between old and new 7.0 launch.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Update for this thread. As players have reported, there was an issue regarding the Guild Perks schedule. In short, we will be implementing a fix for it, targeting early next week. As this fix will require some downtime, we will also implement a fix for Kai Zykeen's inventory. We will be posting details on exact timing when we can.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Update for this thread. As players have reported, there was an issue regarding the Guild Perks schedule. In short, we will be implementing a fix for it, targeting early next week. As this fix will require some downtime, we will also implement a fix for Kai Zykeen's inventory. We will be posting details on exact timing when we can.

Thanks!

Thanks for this update!

Can we please get all of the gear sets on Kai Zykken? Many players are trying to complete their sets before 7.0 and this would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, this will give players something to work on in the remaining weeks before the 7.0 launch.

Thanks!

Thanks for this update!

Can we please get all of the gear sets on Kai Zykken? Many players are trying to complete their sets before 7.0 and this would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, this will give players something to work on in the remaining weeks before the 7.0 launch.

Thanks!

i was trying even before now to roll the dice on the unidentified item on zyken. so far no luck finishing so id welcome this as well - even if each piece ended up costing the customary 3000 fragments like on other vendors id buy them just to finish my cheevos.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Any chance that downtime will also include a fix for the Intel 12th Gen CPU crash issue that's been affecting players for some time now?

Please make all armor sets available for purchase, i'm sorry to say that it's not fun to try and hunt achievements for something like armor sets when some of then are only in NiM operations and not everyone can access this content and even if they can there are 8 people trying to get the same piece and its not even guarenteed.