Dear Community, questions about PVP from a very old returning player

Dulwen

Hello!

European guy here, haven't played the game since beta/release for the first months. Gonna give it another round, as I still hear good things.

Wanting to do PvP battlegrounds, I'm curious to the balance between the Jedi/Sith side and which server to choose, or is the queues clustered or how does it work here now? How do I avoid sitting in queues for hours, or is that a non issue now?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

Best regards

Dulwen.

Edited by Dulwen

Might want to wait and see how the concept of 'Vertical Gearing' that they're implementing with the next expansion (7.0) to be released "Holidays 2021" affects things since part of it is going to involve 'Gear Paths' that have to be followed to upgrade gear (shortly; PvP to upgrade gear won through PvP, Raid to upgrade gear won through Raids, etc.), new restrictions on customisable gear, and a rating cap on PvP that is supposed to be distinctly lower than the max rating that can be acquired through Raids.

Also, there's the fact that Classes and Advanced Classes are being separated into Origins and Combat Styles with 7.0, which could potentially alter the scale regarding what Players enter into PvP using. (and I think I remember hearing something about a removal of some kind of in-combat resurrection that's being abused by non-healer Advanced Classes/Combat Styles)

It may cause either an influx or exodus from PvP and/or other parts of the game...

Wanting to do PvP battlegrounds, I'm curious to the balance between the Jedi/Sith side and which server to choose, or is the queues clustered or how does it work here now? How do I avoid sitting in queues for hours, or is that a non issue now?

Warzones are now all cross faction; this means that imps and pubs will be teamed up against another team of imps and pubs. from this perspective; play the class that you want to play.

I play on the NA servers so I do not have anything to offer you regarding EU server choice.