Seasons Pilots read here.

Gundahar

Ha ha made you look.

Well I am a seasons pilot and wanted to say a couple things. Not being a forum person or even a person that speaks often I am still not sure what they are. Stay with me though because I might have a question.

What is a seasons pilot? Someone like me who started playing GSF because we wanted to complete priority objectives for Galactic Season 1. Every character I create gets 4 ships, a little req, a title, and 4 armor suits. ( I think 4 armors? would have to look.) that means I was an active subscriber at the launch of GSF. I have had plenty of time to try it out. No interest. Yet now here I am day after day. Trying to figure it out.

So, I get it, GSF is complicated. The tutorial absolutely sucks. Hanger can be very very confusing at first and when in a match everything is spinning and beeping. It can be difficult to figure out the little things. Like how to turn. Or how blasters work.

Somewhere along the way I realized that GSF is really really fun. For weeks I have been logging through my alts flying the weeklies from the pvp terminal. 10 alts. lots of flying. Its like crack.

Going to wrap this up with some thoughts for new players and a few links. Hang in there, you've almost made it.

1. Dont forget to grab the intro quest from a pvp terminal before your first match. You will get enough req to unlock all of your ships. The components will take more effort.

2. If you are looking for ONE GOOD ALL AROUND SHIP to get started with use the Rycer/ Starguard. Its the first one you get and IMO the best one for ship to ship combat. Have seen many veteran pilots with consistently high accuracy, dmg, kills, assists. Ion cannon for the win. use concussion missiles. Protons are attractive .... if you can land one. Even noobs like me can get 8 to 10 kills once in a while. Love the Sting/Flashfire for close range combat.

3. Bombers are good for your first few matches. they really help your team. Even if all you can manage is to drop a repair drone. Let peeps know where you parked. Use the map grid for TDM. in DOM tell them what node to find repairs. always take ammo refill when you can unlock it.

4. Fly a gunship if you want to get shot down early and often. The vets will tell you to fly them. Then they shoot you down first. fly over to wait at the spawn and send you back. over and over and over. while telling you how bad you suck. Good times.

Gunships with support OWN the battlefield. Flying one without support is no fun. And flying circles or hiding somewhere on the map in one is why every single one of the real pilots hate us. You are doing nothing to help. stay home.

5. Or fly a bomber and drop drones and mines that help your team. That way you can still stay in one spot and pout because you got GSF again for your daily AND help your team at the same time. Brilliant! (FYI - bombers can get heavy blasters, and they ROCK. Yes you can shoot things if you try). Without support you will still be vulnerable but at least ppl will be popping in and out for repairs and ammo. Some might even help if you are being chased around a rock. If you see a mate flying in hot try to target their pursuit with your heavies. 7700 M range dudes. with 101% accuracy. And they can HIT HARD. Armor pen and shield pen when unlocked. Heck some might even be inclined to peel off the gunship using you for target practice, if you are helping.

Congratulations you have nearly made it to the END! As soon as I figure out how I am going to put links for some info resources that really helped me. ([Nearly all of the info is outdated] - added some current links today) but don't let that stop you from reading. There's good stuff here. And more importantly the guides are different enough from each other to give clues as to what components work well together. I don't believe there is a cookie cutter build for each ship. Different types of builds can be good for different things.

Shadowlands Recon forums This is great for understanding components. Wish they had all of the ships.

https://shadowlandsreconnaissancewing.enjin.com/forum/m/34025565/viewforum/8801272

Drakolich's Ship builds He shoots people down by the hundred. Been on his team and against. I don't like being on the other team.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7540390#post7540390

Despon's Guide to GSF for Total Beginners Read this first? Its great info. Some things you will facepalm after reading... but when you are new ... well you are new.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=817000&highlight=despon%27s

[Guide] Tips for Newer GSF Players this is GREAT. Read it first before the other first one.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=821345

Tips For New GSF Players: Dak's GSF Guide 2.0 Another great guide. Leaving both up.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994008

Luc Nodaro GSF on youtube : more good stuff. Don't miss out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYp7e3ccCmRwjnTgApsMlA

GSF School on youtube: Haven't watched these yet because I just found it from Daks 2.0 guide. If he likes it enough to recommend it then I love it already. There are other links on the 2.0 guide make sure you check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWTo5N9w5J_9OeqCvKfWMbQ

Drakolich The Bastion on youtube Learn all of his cheat codes! Only joking but check it out anyway. Good stuff I have watched a few of these.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcQUMFdrTP6HONxMqu7-0w

FUN-FAN GSF Blaster Guide

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=996040

**Edit 8/13/2021 - More links to youtube channels have been added to page 4**

**Edit 8/21/2021 - Drakkolich's Power Management Guide - Definitely read this now. Don't be a NOOB like me**

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956127

**Edit 9/1/2021 - Luc's Solo win guide - this is more advanced information and also some goals to shoot for. Can tell he worked hard on this. **

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=996745

**- Power up locations - Thank you to all that worked on these **

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958639

P/S I know these guides are posted elsewhere. Just trying to put them in a current thread and also wanted to offer a couple pointers for Noobs from a Noob. These things have worked for me. If you are a school teacher or editor just keep moving. I already know and am too lazy to care.

GL HF

Edited by Gundahar
adding links

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to add something. I hope the Devs require a win to complete the PO in the next season. for this and for regular PVP. I like to win . I try my best even when at my worst. They already forced us to participate. Now let's get ppl engaged. You all have to admit though .... that Que be POPPIN! thank us Seasons Noobs for that. Edited by Gundahar
spelling

Somewhere along the way I realized that GSF is really really fun.
Same here. I started GSF because of the Ossus Masterwork crystal weekly, like you, somehow I learned to love it. Its now the only reason I play Swtor.

Fly a gunship if you want to get shot down early and often. The vets will tell you to fly them. Then they shoot you down first. fly over to wait at the spawn and send you back. over and over and over. while telling you how bad you suck. Good times.

Not me. I mean I will shoot you down, yes, but I won't move people onto flying Gunships until they have learned how to fly evasively in a Strike. People think Gunships are easy, but that is flawed thinking. Gunships have a higher skill-ceiling than Strikes do. Sitting still and sniping, yeah that's the easy bit. Learning to counter attackers, to use cover, to strafe, play defensively, that's hard. Gunships have far too high a skill-ceiling for me to put someone in a Gunship early on. At least the way I teach people to fly them anyway.

Great post though, and glad you are enjoying GSF.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Not me. I mean I will shoot you down, yes, but I won't move people onto flying Gunships until they have learned how to fly evasively in a Strike. People think Gunships are easy, but that is flawed thinking. Gunships have a higher skill-ceiling than Strikes do. Sitting still and sniping, yeah that's the easy bit. Learning to counter attackers, to use cover, to strafe, play defensively, that's hard. Gunships have far too high a skill-ceiling for me to put someone in a Gunship early on. At least the way I teach people to fly them anyway.

Great post though, and glad you are enjoying GSF.

Lol I hear ya. I had a salty experience freely admitted. There are a lot of Vet pilots that are willing to help. I am seeing a lot of frustration also though. Between the deliberate AFKers and the people who start the match with "If you are new just fly a gunship around the bottom of the map. Find a spot to hide". then vote kick them. Hopefully we will find some balance. There are many Seasons pilots who I have watched go from really bad to pretty decent. Makes it a lot more fun.

Thank you to some Vets on my server that have made things a lot more fun for me. Nobody I spoke with, keep to myself. Just listened to tips they offered others and general observation. Also .. they have your back.

So from my very bad memory ..

Old Bird

Chuppy

Pan

Rainbow-Six

Thoccus

Rafe Beroya

Rhea-Hawk

I know there are a great many more but these are people who have been flying a lot same times of day as me and their names are easy because I see them all the time. Thought I should get a Gold medal for remembering 7.:D Appreciate all of you.

hi! Glad you're having fun and helping others! My advice is to spin in circles until you can figure out which way is up. AND manage engines so you can get away from the baddies - until you can poke them.

have fun!

chuppy/old bird :p

Wow hi everybody. I was apprehensive about how this would be received. Looking good so far appreciate the kind words!

Ttoilleekul - Hi again. Had a chance to look at your youtube channel and watch a few. Great stuff thank you. Added in a link.

Dak - Hi I wondered if you were still active. Glad to see you are and thank you for another great guide. Added in a link. Also kept the other one up there. Idk why other than I saw it first and really liked it.

Hope you all don't mind the link posting. I like the idea of having stuff in one easy to find place. I hope you get a lot of customers. I am also hopeful it will help promote GSF. both the game and community. People are out looking for info and It can be hard to find for those of us that don't speak google. Added links to Drakolich' channel and the GSF school. If anyone has others they like I'd be happy to add them.

Chuppy! Old Bird! Hi! omg did not know you were one and the same lol. I love it. There is a reason you are both number one AND number two on my list. I want to share my favorite Chuppy story so people can understand. Out of time right now. I have to go be a grown up. be back laters though I think it's a great story. Likely just another forgettable match for you though lol.

One thing I never seen mentioned, or maybe I missed reading it

Is when one can start doing GSF, most think it's not until level 10, but that's just getting the GSF Daily/Weekly missions,

of course this is not as important as the info already given, and really doesn't help a brand new account (Player).

you can start Battling at creation, you cannot open the rewards till you choose a discipline,

on double XP times, takes 5 matches to reach 10 ,if you don't do anything else , but just GSF,

On no double XP events it's like 7 (I think). might be 8, but I'm also doing missions, so really unsure if it will take 7 or 8 , just doing GSF missions

if you have any xp booster, you're like level four after first GSF match

my experience, I'll have a match before I finish dressing up my new creation

no matter how you reached level 10, to speed things up after and if your in a rush to start GSF with your new creation. grab the quick travel to home world from your legacy, (before leaving from starter planet), grab the heroic-2 mission (this is your quick travel back) or you can just do all that running around in Fleet to get back,

use the quick travel to home world, get the intro to GSF Battle mission, click launch, click heroic quick travel and continue your missions on starter world.

Now don't do the heroic, unless you have 2 heroics to click on, because (need 2 heroics at least any ways) because after that first GSF mission, you're going to click the travel to home world to grab the daily and weekly ;)

having 2 heroics is not possible, if you are starting a Jedi, Tython only has one heroic :eek:

this has nothing to do getting better in GSF, just info how to get quickly started, or when to start

Edited by achnaatfour
forgot to include something

Thank you Achnaatfour. Good to know. I have been considering making an alt for GSF only. Knowing I can start from level 1 is great. I have no desire to do any quests with it. Still thinking it over. I like my alts I have already. Nobody has a cool pilot name though:cool:

hi! Glad you're having fun and helping others! My advice is to spin in circles until you can figure out which way is up. AND manage engines so you can get away from the baddies - until you can poke them.

have fun!

chuppy/old bird :p

This is great advice. Engines are life. spatial and directional awareness at 360 degrees doesn't exactly come naturally. Not while inside a gyroscope anyway.

Well I almost chickened out. On the story. Then I sat here and read through your post again and was reminded that when this all happened I still had not realized "up" was whichever direction I needed it to be. Maybe shared experience will help someone. Maybe just entertaining. Maybe a waste of time. I will have a go.

Not sure I had competed in 10 matches yet when this all happened. Definitely less than 20. I was sooo green and in a really bad place with GSF.

Going to roll back a few matches first. Try to give a sense of how frustrated I was. Maybe some of you will remember these same feelings from when you were new. 2 matches earlier I fell for the ol "grab a gunship and fly around the bottom of the map" routine. I had never taken my gunship out of the hanger. I was thinking - great idea, I can shoot my opponents from below where they can't see me. Lol yeah yeah dont judge me. I was really green.

My first obstacle was that my screen turned into a big giant circle that wouldn't shoot no matter how many times I right clicked .... and I get this message. "do damage or interact with an object". Ok. Alright. I will circle back to this circle gun business. Decided to try my blasters out! Message again "do damage or interact with an object". Im thinking I had better hurry so I hit the space bar. My ship runs out of gas after 10 feet. Piece of junk. Now I get the countdown. "In 30 seconds you will be removed. do damage or interact with an object." I'm getting upset. I was trying to shoot ppl 30k meters away with obstacles between us. with blasters. Cmon just give me one lucky shot ...

"Your teammates have voted to remove you from the match" WAT DE HAIL! YOU ALL CAN'T GIVE SOMEBODY 5 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK THEIR CIRCLE GUN?????????

I was hot. Qued right back up. Being stubborn and overconfident is a way of life for me. Grabbed my piece of junk Gunship and hit it. Im thinking - I will stay visible and out in the open this time so people can see I am working out this circle gun mystery. Maybe I can have 5 minutes this time. Flew into the only open space on the map and parked. Got shot down instantly. Spawned right into a campers guns. Guess who it was? If you guessed "fly a gunship" guy then you are right. Didn't matter which spawn point I used he was on me in 15 seconds or less. Absolutely nothing I could do. It was brutal. Can't run because I have a 2 cylinder moped engine with 1 oz of fuel. Can't shoot because my gun is broke. I seem to be the only person on my team so no help there. Can't change my ship out because I AM figuring out this circle gun no matter what. I really tried but the end of this part of the story is that I got shot down 11 times. Mostly by spawncamper fly a gunship guy. I decided to make a career out of shooting that person down. Wrote their name on a post it and stuck it to my monitor. Went to bed.

Next day I did some reading and learned that my circle gun was actually a railgun. And also read how to fire it. I was done with the gunship by then. I looked over my goods and settled on the blackbolt! That looked pretty sporty. Surely it has a Hemi Hellcat with a full tank of 108 octane! And those wicked looking guns poking out the front? Yeaaahhhhh! this baby can get me some revenge for sure. Qued up.

[chat timestamp] Chuppy: looks like we have a bunch of (sprouts?, cherries? - can't remember) again today. You guys stick together and look out for each other and we have a chance to win this.

Me thinking: nod nod nod. Nice! we have General Kenobi on our team!

Countdown ends; gates open. My team goes in at least 496 different directions. Before I could blink three times the score was 1 to 12 - them.

Me thinking: I need to at least find one person to fly with. Then I can some revenge! I start flying over to where 3 of my mates are. By the time I get there they are star dust and I am on my own. The enemy was everywhere. I hit the road burning rubber all over the place. I see a green glimmer of hope at the edge of my screen. Punch it! Forgetting rule #1 I straight lined it to that beautiful green circle. I had what felt like every Drakolich that had ever lived chasing me and shooting at me. Ran out of gas. Crap. ship smoking and burning everywhere.

That green dot saw me in a bad spot and charged at full speed. Blasters pew pew pewing at everything. shooting missiles 26 at a time it seemed like. It was in my eyes so heroic and awesome. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen anyone do in GSF. I eventually noticed my new green dot friend had a name over it. It was Chuppy. We were both shot down in short order.

While at the spawn I noticed Chuppy was flying a striker. I grabbed my Rycer and spent the rest of the match shadowing Chuppy best I could and trying to shoot whatever they shot at. At some point I noticed Chuppy was shooting at people who were shooting at me. Lightbulb moment. I started trying to keep ppl off of Chuppy. I doubt I managed 7% accuracy and I know I was still seeking my first kill but I WAS THERE. For the first time I had some FUN in a GSF match even though our team was completely crushed. I learned so much in that match that you could think of it as a watershed moment. This story doesn't quite end here though. best part is yet to come.

End of Match, waiting for timer so we can leave.

{chat timestamp} Chuppy: Nice flying ladies. You sure looked pretty out there.

I fell out my chair laughing.

Good night everyone.

Great story, and well done for sticking it out. The first and most important thing it takes to be successful in GSF is the tenacity to not be discouraged by the initial experiences. And you have since learned there are plenty of people willing to help you.

I want to touch on tis bit here>>>>

"Your teammates have voted to remove you from the match" WAT DE HAIL! YOU ALL CAN'T GIVE SOMEBODY 5 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK THEIR CIRCLE GUN?????????

This really annoys me. Vote Kick has its purpose and can be very useful. But when we use it, we the community need to be aware of what is a legitimate candidate for vote kicking and what is just a newbie trying to get to grips with the game. When I was new I was always getting the "AFK" message because I was unable to hit anything. Thankfully I never got vote kicked, because I regularly got that message for a few months. I see people now saying "vote kick AFKer!" I look at the AFKer and its a newbie. So here's the lesson please people. If someone is doing circles near spawn and deliberately not participating - vote kick them. If someone has not spawned out - vote kick them. But if someone is actively flying, and has a stock ship bar, but is AFK, there is a strong likely-hood that they are a newbie who is trying really hard but struggling. Vote kicking them is just being a tool. Newbies should not be vote kicked when they are trying The thing to look for is the stock ship bar. If they have that, don't be so self centered. Have a bit of consideration.

Lastly Gundahar, if you want to do some private coaching then give me a shout. I had the honor of being trained by a couple of top pilots and I like to pay that forward.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

This is great advice. Engines are life. spatial and directional awareness at 360 degrees doesn't exactly come naturally. Not while inside a gyroscope anyway.

Well I almost chickened out. On the story. Then I sat here and read through your post again and was reminded that when this all happened I still had not realized "up" was whichever direction I needed it to be. Maybe shared experience will help someone. Maybe just entertaining. Maybe a waste of time. I will have a go.

Not sure I had competed in 10 matches yet when this all happened. Definitely less than 20. I was sooo green and in a really bad place with GSF.

Going to roll back a few matches first. Try to give a sense of how frustrated I was. Maybe some of you will remember these same feelings from when you were new. 2 matches earlier I fell for the ol "grab a gunship and fly around the bottom of the map" routine. I had never taken my gunship out of the hanger. I was thinking - great idea, I can shoot my opponents from below where they can't see me. Lol yeah yeah dont judge me. I was really green.

My first obstacle was that my screen turned into a big giant circle that wouldn't shoot no matter how many times I right clicked .... and I get this message. "do damage or interact with an object". Ok. Alright. I will circle back to this circle gun business. Decided to try my blasters out! Message again "do damage or interact with an object". Im thinking I had better hurry so I hit the space bar. My ship runs out of gas after 10 feet. Piece of junk. Now I get the countdown. "In 30 seconds you will be removed. do damage or interact with an object." I'm getting upset. I was trying to shoot ppl 30k meters away with obstacles between us. with blasters. Cmon just give me one lucky shot ...

I was hot. Qued right back up. Being stubborn and overconfident is a way of life for me. Grabbed my piece of junk Gunship and hit it. Im thinking - I will stay visible and out in the open this time so people can see I am working out this circle gun mystery. Maybe I can have 5 minutes this time. Flew into the only open space on the map and parked. Got shot down instantly. Spawned right into a campers guns. Guess who it was? If you guessed "fly a gunship" guy then you are right. Didn't matter which spawn point I used he was on me in 15 seconds or less. Absolutely nothing I could do. It was brutal. Can't run because I have a 2 cylinder moped engine with 1 oz of fuel. Can't shoot because my gun is broke. I seem to be the only person on my team so no help there. Can't change my ship out because I AM figuring out this circle gun no matter what. I really tried but the end of this part of the story is that I got shot down 11 times. Mostly by spawncamper fly a gunship guy. I decided to make a career out of shooting that person down. Wrote their name on a post it and stuck it to my monitor. Went to bed.

Next day I did some reading and learned that my circle gun was actually a railgun. And also read how to fire it. I was done with the gunship by then. I looked over my goods and settled on the blackbolt! That looked pretty sporty. Surely it has a Hemi Hellcat with a full tank of 108 octane! And those wicked looking guns poking out the front? Yeaaahhhhh! this baby can get me some revenge for sure. Qued up.

[chat timestamp] Chuppy: looks like we have a bunch of (sprouts?, cherries? - can't remember) again today. You guys stick together and look out for each other and we have a chance to win this.

Me thinking: nod nod nod. Nice! we have General Kenobi on our team!

Countdown ends; gates open. My team goes in at least 496 different directions. Before I could blink three times the score was 1 to 12 - them.

Me thinking: I need to at least find one person to fly with. Then I can some revenge! I start flying over to where 3 of my mates are. By the time I get there they are star dust and I am on my own. The enemy was everywhere. I hit the road burning rubber all over the place. I see a green glimmer of hope at the edge of my screen. Punch it! Forgetting rule #1 I straight lined it to that beautiful green circle. I had what felt like every Drakolich that had ever lived chasing me and shooting at me. Ran out of gas. Crap. ship smoking and burning everywhere.

That green dot saw me in a bad spot and charged at full speed. Blasters pew pew pewing at everything. shooting missiles 26 at a time it seemed like. It was in my eyes so heroic and awesome. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen anyone do in GSF. I eventually noticed my new green dot friend had a name over it. It was Chuppy. We were both shot down in short order.

While at the spawn I noticed Chuppy was flying a striker. I grabbed my Rycer and spent the rest of the match shadowing Chuppy best I could and trying to shoot whatever they shot at. At some point I noticed Chuppy was shooting at people who were shooting at me. Lightbulb moment. I started trying to keep ppl off of Chuppy. I doubt I managed 7% accuracy and I know I was still seeking my first kill but I WAS THERE. For the first time I had some FUN in a GSF match even though our team was completely crushed. I learned so much in that match that you could think of it as a watershed moment. This story doesn't quite end here though. best part is yet to come.

End of Match, waiting for timer so we can leave.

{chat timestamp} Chuppy: Nice flying ladies. You sure looked pretty out there.

I fell out my chair laughing.

Good night everyone.

Hah! I remember saying this. The girls need to know when they're doing well, and looking pretty. :p

Edited by HDMITLM

Ttoilleekul - Thanks and appreciate the offer. I am currently focused on the bomber and gunship achievements. Already completed the fun ones. Also working to improve my accuracy to consistently over 60% so I can have all of the good things that follow - efficiency, medals, kills, assist, etc. Usually around 50 - 55 currently but I can do better. Railguns I have higher accuracy. When I have those things figured out I would feel confident learning some advanced tactics.

Chuppy - That is why you are my MVP. You make me laugh and you look out for ppl. Act like a hard case sometimes but I know better.:rak_03:

On the vote kicking issue I agree with both sides. Leniency and patience are great tools when used with prudence. Unfortunately we can't know who is being deliberate we can only guess. So I am also ok with a no tolerance approach.

Offering a 3rd view in regard to my own situation; my choices led to me getting vote kicked. It was my own fault regardless of the circumstances. 100% fact.

On the spawn camping issue; same thing. My own fault. I did not take GSF seriously. Did not really want to participate at that time. Did absolutely nothing to prepare or educate myself. There are always ways to counter spawn campers. Spawn campers have always been part of PVP. Name any game. Some people just love slurping up the gravy. It's on me. I have competed in PVP for long enough to know better.

When life gives you lemons. Make lemonade. That's what my late step-father always told us. For me it all turned into good things. I got motivated and learned to really enjoy GSF. Now I am getting to socialize a little bit here.

Edited by Gundahar

Thank you Achnaatfour. Good to know. I have been considering making an alt for GSF only. Knowing I can start from level 1 is great. I have no desire to do any quests with it. Still thinking it over. I like my alts I have already. Nobody has a cool pilot name though:cool:

oh and then there is more, this is something I've been curious about since I first heard you can purchase req's,

finally went to fleet last week, to look for them, then I noticed they're legacy bound . . "Sweet" I sez

So did the math, but first a test, . .hmm they will not go into the legacy bank, getting late went to bed, after work did it again, ahh there is a 2 hour timer, they can be sold back, so waited, did other things . . and getting late . . so went to bed

after work logged in, totaslly forgot, did some matches and mission . . oh yeah lets look and see if I can place them ion the legacy bank . . YES . .to the new Charater creation cave I go

I had enough Fleet coms (between 5 characters) to purchase -

4-fleet Req's

18 - ship req's

first I did the fleet req's, so I could purchase the ships, all ships bought

now used the 18 ship req's

hmm due to some change's, some ships would need 20 no biggie, I'll earn those (when I did the math in my head, I didn't account for the component Changes/Purchases

now I have a hanger full of mastered ships :D and still level 2, (have no idea how I made level 2), sweet thing as Lvl2 I can chose a discipline, so I was able to open the rewards to grab those

oh and then there is more, this is something I've been curious about since I first heard you can purchase req's,

finally went to fleet last week, to look for them, then I noticed they're legacy bound . . "Sweet" I sez

So did the math, but first a test, . .hmm they will not go into the legacy bank, getting late went to bed, after work did it again, ahh there is a 2 hour timer, they can be sold back, so waited, did other things . . and getting late . . so went to bed

after work logged in, totaslly forgot, did some matches and mission . . oh yeah lets look and see if I can place them ion the legacy bank . . YES . .to the new Charater creation cave I go

I had enough Fleet coms (between 5 characters) to purchase -

4-fleet Req's

18 - ship req's

first I did the fleet req's, so I could purchase the ships, all ships bought

now used the 18 ship req's

hmm due to some change's, some ships would need 20 no biggie, I'll earn those (when I did the math in my head, I didn't account for the component Changes/Purchases

now I have a hanger full of mastered ships :D and still level 2, (have no idea how I made level 2), sweet thing as Lvl2 I can chose a discipline, so I was able to open the rewards to grab those

This might help you or someone later: you don't have to wait out the timer; you can just mail them to any of your alts and it will clear the timer. It's only if you use the legacy bank that it makes you wait.

achnaatfour and Dak - thanks for the tips. Did not know you could use the mail system to get around the cd timer. Did end up creating a new pilot. Haven't flown the intro yet. Decided to get my class ship first. I still like the arcade style flying missions.

Chuppy - I am always happy when you are in a bomber and on my team. You seem to know a lot of tricks. I am having some fun with the bombers now too. LOVE my heavies lol. I have been flying mine a lot more aggressively than I probably should. I go from 0 to bored to death in 1.3 seconds. In TDM I have been trying to set up near the front lines. Dump my payload in a likely spot and fly off a bit. This gives me chances to use my heavies while waiting for tourists. If we have gunship pilots set up near by I can also try to help cover them a little bit. Have to move a lot because the battles are so fluid but it suits me.

Is this really bad bomber flying? I question if I should be providing my team with a reliable place to go for safety/ammo/repairs that is further from the battle. Frankly I got tired of setting up and typing my location only to have literally no one come in for the goods. in DOM don't even THINK about coming near my node if there isn't any action. I will dump my responsibility on that hapless person and head for the fight every time. I know some will view this as a bad move but I honestly feel like I can be a lot more help to team my if I am active. Thoughts on this appreciated.

Been processing your question of who I am in game. It's a big deal to me. I am a very solitary person who values his privacy. Online or IRL it's just who I am. this is the most socializing I have done since I started the game nearly 10 years ago. WoW ruined me on the social whirl of mmo's. PPl can be awful to each other. I have a soft heart and an overachieving protective instinct. Never went well for me.

I decided that I already feel like I am at work in my boxers so may as well take them off and hope nobody points and laughs. I will start a different reply. This is getting too long and I don't want ppl to skip over my bomber questions.

Alright let's tear the band-aid off. Time to play name that Toon!

**Edit 9/3/2021** I am already getting trolled in game over the cluster missile challenge later in this post. After seeing what a friend is going through I decided to remove most of the alt names before it gets any worse. I use a lot of Mandarin names and some of the racism is retarded. I'm not even Chinese I am American. Mo-Rons. Ignore list is growing a little bit too. Keeping up the toons I used to work on the challenge. It is nice to see and fly with all the cool people I have gotten to know a little bit***

Kai'duan, Dworkin

Edited by Gundahar

4. Fly a gunship if you want to get shot down early and often. The vets will tell you to fly them. Then they shoot you down first. fly over to wait at the spawn and send you back. over and over and over. while telling you how bad you suck. Good times.

Gunships with support OWN the battlefield. Flying one without support is no fun. And flying circles or hiding somewhere on the map in one is why every single one of the real pilots hate us. You are doing nothing to help. stay home.

Ha, funny because I cut my GSF teeth in gunships. Pretty much the only thing I fly. I love it when I get on a team that knows how to support their gunships. All too often that is not the case.

Is this really bad bomber flying?

It sounds like you're trying to do it correctly. Major thing is, don't tick. That being finding yourself a hole and staying inside that hole for the whole match. Bad practice - won't learn anything. Only reason people do it is because they can't read a match and stay alive. Communicating with your team can be a bitter sweat affair. Some listen some don't. If you're on a team that is not listening to you, just try to move with the battle, providing support and area control. Area control being you drop your mines and drones in a way that makes it dangerous for anyone to fly close. So yeah, protecting Gunships like this is a great move.

I don't fly Bombers often, but I do have some Bomber games on my YouTube channel in the "Support Games" folder, if you want to see what I do. Also watch how others fly their bombers.

"Chuppy - I am always happy when you are in a bomber and on my team. You seem to know a lot of tricks. I am having some fun with the bombers now too. LOVE my heavies lol. I have been flying mine a lot more aggressively than I probably should. I go from 0 to bored to death in 1.3 seconds. In TDM I have been trying to set up near the front lines. Dump my payload in a likely spot and fly off a bit. This gives me chances to use my heavies while waiting for tourists. If we have gunship pilots set up near by I can also try to help cover them a little bit. Have to move a lot because the battles are so fluid but it suits me.

Is this really bad bomber flying?"

I haven't a clue what I am truly doing, I play bomber out of necessity - I have visual vertigo. My goal is to be annoying, move around, try not to die-- similar to what you describe, I don't tick it's not my thing. I prefer the bomber that drops the beacon, but I played the reloads bomber early in my bombing adventures. I fly strikes and scouts too, not well though! ;)

This thread is great and I have clicked links and read stuff - thanks to you and everyone else who has replied.

Have fun!

chuppy/old bird

Edited by HDMITLM

a fun bomber to play is the Sledgehammer, I tried the heavy lasers, Proton, EMP, to defend sats, but it wasn't my play style like I've seen others use it,

so now it's LightLaser, Clusters, EMP, basically a slow tanky fighter

I still use the Rampart four (for hyperspace beacon) and firehauler for repairs.ammo refill ( although, now I use Clarion for repairs/ammo refill more)

If I can, I'll place the interdiction mines forward and surround the gunships, guessing I'm 5000-10000 m from them, and seerkers not far from the interdictions, more of a distraction, would have loved it if I could use interdiction and railguns at the same time :D

Ever since saw Luc's

, I had to get me this, and now I found my gunship,

the Condor works for me, but I put retros on mine

Good Morning everyone!

All - Thank you for the bomber tips. Will definitely try them out. I have not yet flown the other 2 bombers much. Maybe a couple times each.

Caryxp - I admire your fortitude. I do like having good GS pilots on my team for sure.

Achnaatfour - Thanks for the GS video link. That GS is the only one I will fly and I do like it. Gives me some ability to fight back at close range when under pressure. Also sometimes can lead pursuit away from the battle and try to take them down 1 on 1. Wish I could pair QCS with regen thrusters to get a little more engines.

I have accepted the Luc Nodaro cluster missile challenge. Wish me luck! The challenge is to fly a vanilla T1F with clusters equipped for 100 matches. In hopes of becoming a better pilot. Because I like to do everything the hard way I am actually going to fly 300 matches. I wanted measurable results so purchased a fresh gladiator on one of my alts to fly the first 100. This will give a base line for my current numbers. The next 100 will be flown on a fresh ship using the clusters and with no upgrades. I will unlock a couple other components. Finally I will fly another 100 matches on a fresh ship, unlocking and mastering it a long the way. Then we can compare the numbers to the first 100 matches to see if I did any better.

Everyone is invited to subscribe to this post or Luc's everyday tips if interested. I will reply to those with links to the results and you will get a notification. Give me a few weeks +, this is a lot of flying for the time I have available.

I have accepted the Luc Nodaro cluster missile challenge. Wish me luck! The challenge is to fly a vanilla T1F with clusters equipped for 100 matches.
I never said it had to be vanilla :)

In hopes of becoming a better pilot. Because I like to do everything the hard way I am actually going to fly 300 matches. I wanted measurable results so purchased a fresh gladiator on one of my alts to fly the first 100. This will give a base line for my current numbers. The next 100 will be flown on a fresh ship using the clusters and with no upgrades. I will unlock a couple other components. Finally I will fly another 100 matches on a fresh ship, unlocking and mastering it a long the way. Then we can compare the numbers to the first 100 matches to see if I did any better.
I think flying stock might be asking a bit too much. Unless you're already Ace level, there's really no need to do that. Plus it could mess with your results. I think a better way to do this would be to have two ships, both T1Fs. They can be on the same toon (one cartel one normal) or different toons. Fly one with Protons and your normal build. Fly the other with clusters. Compare stats at the end of 100 games on each. That will tell you if you (perhaps unknowingly) rely on Protons.

Everyone is invited to subscribe to this post or Luc's everyday tips if interested. I will reply to those with links to the results and you will get a notification. Give me a few weeks +, this is a lot of flying for the time I have available.
Put it here or make a separate thread. Keep the everyday tips thread clean if poss :) Edited by Ttoilleekul