Changes made to Kai Zykken

JackieKo

Hi everyone,

Update for this thread. As players have reported, there was an issue regarding the Guild Perks schedule. In short, we will be implementing a fix for it, targeting early next week. As this fix will require some downtime, we will also implement a fix for Kai Zykeen's inventory. We will be posting details on exact timing when we can.

Thanks!

Early this weeK? How about tonight? I don't want to waste another 20k tech frags on Kai unidentified armor again this week... :( Already capped tech frags again.

When is this fix happening?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make all armor sets available for purchase, i'm sorry to say that it's not fun to try and hunt achievements for something like armor sets when some of then are only in NiM operations and not everyone can access this content and even if they can there are 8 people trying to get the same piece and its not even guarenteed.

Yeah this should have happened 2 years ago...

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

I have two follow ups regarding Kai Zykken. As mentioned in the Guild Perks Schedule thread, we are not able to deploy the fix for Kai Zykken as we originally intended due to the Guild Perks Schedule fix needing to be deployed through a patch. Please expect both fixes to be implemented at 7.0.

Second, our Design team provided the below information to further explain how Kai Zykken will operate in Legacy of the Sith including an explanation on how the RNG protection will work on the Set Bonus Crate.

When 7.0 launches, Kai Zykken will have a new inventory containing:

• A rotating collection of Tacticals
  • This collection will operate just like the rotating Tacticals offered on Kai during 6.0
  • A rotating collection of crafting Schematics for Tacticals and Set Bonuses.
  • These schematics will be the same schematics available from Kai in 6.0
  • A new Unidentified Set Bonus crate that will give the player a random piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion.
  • This crate will contain no Tactical items.
  • This crate will contain every Set Bonus from 6.0, regardless of where it came from. This includes the sets previously only available from Dxun or crafting.

How does the RNG protection work?

When a player opens the Unidentified Set Bonus Crate, their current discipline and the items in their equipment and inventory will be checked:

If an item exists in the player’s equipment or inventory, the RNG protection will prevent that item from dropping.

Items will only drop if they match the player’s current Discipline (or Loot Discipline if they have it set)

This duplicate protection existed in 6.0 but didn’t apply to the Set Bonuses that could be worn by any class. We’ll be extending this protection to include generic Set Bonuses as well.

Important to note with this change is that when you have acquired every item from the crate, it will no longer have anything to give you. To ensure the crate always rewards the player with something, the Taskmaster's Chestguard will remain in the crate with no duplication protection. If you start receiving duplicates of the Taskmaster's Chestguard, you’ll know you’ve collected everything from the crate.

We hope the above better explains how this system works.

Jackie

When a player opens the Unidentified Set Bonus Crate, their current discipline and the items in their equipment and inventory will be checked:

If an item exists in the player’s equipment or inventory, the RNG protection will prevent that item from dropping.

Items will only drop if they match the player’s current Discipline (or Loot Discipline if they have it set)

This duplicate protection existed in 6.0 but didn’t apply to the Set Bonuses that could be worn by any class. We’ll be extending this protection to include generic Set Bonuses as well.

Important to note with this change is that when you have acquired every item from the crate, it will no longer have anything to give you. To ensure the crate always rewards the player with something, the Taskmaster's Chestguard will remain in the crate with no duplication protection. If you start receiving duplicates of the Taskmaster's Chestguard, you’ll know you’ve collected everything from the crate.

We hope the above better explains how this system works.

Jackie

So this RNG protection does nothing if you don't keep the item you don't need but are collecting for the

Achievements, making is mostly useless. Please just let us buy what we want off a vendor like we can now. Stop making so many horrible player hating changes to the game.

Could it be more fair, when the crate cannot give anything new to a character, it will repay its cost? Then player will know that need to buy crates with another character, and no valuable fragments (and credits) will be lost.

Why not something simpler like this:

1. When the crate is opened, the game looks at the player's achievements and generates an item that has not been collected yet. This could be through RNG, but only among items that have not yet been collected.

2. When the crate is opened, the game looks at the player's achievements and if all items have been collected: game gives a message and refunds whatever the player paid to Kai Zykken.

Edited by mike_carton

Thanks for the update. Just checking--will the RNG protection also apply to items in the character's personal cargo hold as well as their equipment and inventory?

Why not something simpler like this:

1. When the crate is opened, the game looks at the player's achievements and generates an item that has not been collected yet. This could though RNG, but only among items that have not yet been collected.

2. When the crate is opened, the game looks at the player's achievements and if all items have been collected: game gives a message and refunds whatever the player paid to Kai Zykken.

Because if I sell, destroy or deconstruct a set piece, it would then be unavailable to get again later due to it already being unlocked in achievements. Also, many players have traded around drops from ops bosses to get achievements but didn't actually get to keep the pieces.

Because if I sell, destroy or deconstruct a set piece, it would then be unavailable to get again later due to it already being unlocked in achievements. Also, many players have traded around drops from ops bosses to get achievements but didn't actually get to keep the pieces.

Players aren't asking for these pieces again for their set bonus value. They're asking them for the purpose of acquiring them temporarily in order to complete the achievements. So, not getting those pieces again is not an issue.

Edited by mike_carton

Does this mean items in your personal cargo hold or legacy cargo bay aren't taken into account when considering bad luck protection?

This last question is important. There are between 24-28 sets counting both general and specific, meaning a minimum of 168 items of gear for people going for their final set. There are only 100 spots in inventory. So, more space is needed to make the proposed new system work.

Players aren't asking for these pieces again for their set bonus value. They're asking them for the purpose of acquiring them temporarily in order to complete the achievements. So, not getting those pieces again is not an issue.

Yes their set bonus value will be obsolete in a few weeks, but some players, including me want the visuals they provide (I still need a dxun master mode piece, it's unique looks, though I did get achievement once). In my situation, there must be a way to reobtain that piece.

Yes their set bonus value will be obsolete in a few weeks, but some players, including me want the visuals they provide (I still need a dxun master mode piece, it's unique looks, though I did get achievement once). In my situation, there must be a way to reobtain that piece.

Why must there be? Because you've gotten the piece and gotten rid of it? There are a lot of sets that have been removed from the game. These will be the same. The planned scheme explained above by BW just means more complication, more chances for BW to mess up, and more heartburn for players.

Edited by mike_carton

Only it doesn't actually do what you said, the "RNG-Protection" is not existed while yes you can get every piece only once and store them like I did, I haven't received the last piece I need AND can even get after 700k fragments. Now tell me is this really RNG-Proctection? Sounds to me like the odds don't increase but you just get more general sets, with your change you would just get taskmaster chestguard over and over and over until you receive the piece needed. At this point I am even in doubt if Kai sells this item, wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't added.

But yes, thank you for 'expecting' to implement this change - which does absolutely nothing at all! I am not here to hate and don't get me wrong I am excited and hyped for 7.0, but please stop this circus.

When 7.0 launches, Kai Zykken will have a new inventory containing:

OK so far

• This collection will operate just like the rotating Tacticals offered on Kai during 6.0

OK

• A rotating collection of crafting Schematics for Tacticals and Set Bonuses.

That could be good or bad, depending on which Set Bonuses they are.

• These schematics will be the same schematics available from Kai in 6.0

Oops. That's the bad option, since those schematics will produce set bonuses that (based on other documented behaviour) are usable at level 75 only.

• A new Unidentified Set Bonus crate that will give the player a random piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion.

Presumably to help us complete the gear acquisition achievements, since I can't see any other reason to buy this, given that the contents are obsolete (and only work at exactly level 75).

• This crate will contain no Tactical items.
  • This crate will contain every Set Bonus from 6.0, regardless of where it came from. This includes the sets previously only available from Dxun or crafting.

Yup. It's just for completing the achievements.

Overall, I'm not seeing any real *benefit* from this change.

The set bonuses will be obsolete in a few *hours*, as people level up to level 76.

And even if they change it so that 6.X set bonuses continue all the way up to level 79 (as they did for 5.X set bonuses - from 70 to 74 - when 6.0 dropped), it won't be a useful amount longer, maybe 10-15 hours of play instead of 3-5.

Can we get some clarification on "equipment or inventory"? Does this mean it is not checking your cargo hold? Players don't have enough room to keep all the generic sets and class sets in their inventory to use the RNG protection properly.

Can we get some clarification on "equipment or inventory"? Does this mean it is not checking your cargo hold? Players don't have enough room to keep all the generic sets and class sets in their inventory to use the RNG protection properly.

I can confirm that Cargo Hold DOES count as things are now, and as I already explained their change will change absolutely nothing about the RNG of the random crate.

I can confirm that Cargo Hold DOES count as things are now, and as I already explained their change will change absolutely nothing about the RNG of the random crate.

It has changed though now that the general sets will be RNG protected and no tacticals will be in the crate.

Already does it applys to personal cargo, inventory and equipment

Yes, it currently applies to the personal cargo hold but cargo hold was specifically not mentioned in Jackie's post. I would assume it is staying as is but clarification would be nice.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Does the check happen in the inventory of the current character I am logged in or does it look in ALL characters (whole legacy)? Because I have currently the set bonus gear spread out on three different characters.

Edited by Minzurion

[*]This crate will contain every Set Bonus from 6.0, regardless of where it came from. This includes the sets previously only available from Dxun or crafting.

Why are you screwing crafters again? Remove those from the crates please.

This still needs to be clarified. RNG protection should be applied to any armor piece already collected and stored in legacy, personal cargo hold, equipped or in personal inventory

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, the character I'm muling 6.0 sets on is an agent. If I want to finish some bounty hunter sets, I need to transfer all of that gear to a bounty hunter in order to get the rng protection while also having a chance at bounty hunter specific sets? And finally, I need to craft up the sets my crafters can make and store them on that BH so I don't get those in the random crate?

And sigh, I'll have to run 100 heroics for every roll, but that's still better than 350 heroics at the command crate shell vendor :(

Hi everyone,

I have an update concerning the notable change that many of you noticed with Kai Zykken. This was a change that was planned for 7.0, however, it went out earlier than expected. Please note that Kai Zykken will remain as is until 7.0.

When Legacy of the Sith launches, Kai will offer the following:

• A rotating collection of crafting Schematics for Tacticals and Set Bonuses
  • A new Unidentified crate that will give players a piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion. This will be similar to the current Unidentified Unique Item crate but we will be removing the Tacticals since they can be purchased via other means and renaming the crate to better reflect its content.

Apologies for the confusion on the update to Kai's inventory.

10 years you always do the worst, just stop apologize and do the right thing, bring him back with change daily.

there are pieces that never was on for more than 6 months !!!

Edited by Kissakias