Announcing Legacy of the Sith, the next expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

DanielSteed

Please DO NOT make power usage based on alignment. So for example if I play a LS sith lightning sorcerer do not make him/her unable to use all the lightning powers and have to use sage powers just because they are LS.

I think this will ruin the game. What do you guys think?

Well, i think its better that they just let u use whatever animations u want. But if we want a lore reason then we can simply look at what luke said "No force power is inherently evil" examples would be the yellow force lightning called Judgement and lukes version of force lightning called emerald lightning. My suggestion is to just let us use whatever we want. If you really want to make it a clear difference, u can just introduce new animations such as turning force lightning yellow for light side users.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a concern that involves story consistency. If you change your advanced class spec, i.e. say a sorcerer to a juggernaut, are they then going to go thru the story content and change every single story cut-scene that shows the inquisitor using lightning?

The inquisitor just wouldn't be the same without that scene with Thanaton...

I am excited about my dark side counselor being able to use sorcerer spec. Everything else, not so much.

I have a concern that involves story consistency. If you change your advanced class spec, i.e. say a sorcerer to a juggernaut, are they then going to go thru the story content and change every single story cut-scene that shows the inquisitor using lightning?

The inquisitor just wouldn't be the same without that scene with Thanaton...

I am excited about my dark side counselor being able to use sorcerer spec. Everything else, not so much.

I doubt they will change any of the cut scenes nor do I think they should. There are already a few where assassins are using regular light sabers in cut scenes. And pistols are things lots of ACs carry and use but just in the cut scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

When does it come out? Anybody know?

I found this: "SWTOR’s Ninth Anniversary Event is now live with free stuff! December 15, 2020 – January 5, 2021 "

I see these guys also put this added thing together which I'm reviewing now...

https://vulkk.com/2021/07/01/swtor-7-0-legacy-of-the-sith-expansion-announced/

So if it's 10th Anniversary, I suppose that December at least.

So 3 months or so I gather.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has any mention been made on whether the new story and leveling content will be playable in a group? Despite being able to do so in the early game it has been nigh impossible to do so since KOTFE. A friend and I have a lot of alts to level up and it would be more fun to do so together.

Revenaught, thanks for the Serenity quote, I think I will do a Firefly/Serenity marathon tonight. :)

Otherwise, I don't think Legacy of the Sith will be released this year. I mean, have you all seen in the dev tracker what Bioware is still working on despite the vague "Holidays 2021" release date? There's no way Bioware will finish working on the expansion and fix all known problems before 2022.

Edited by Talon_Sora

I just want to know when it happens so I can take a picture of my various Toons and their abilities and then put them back the way they are.

Sure, there's a chance that I'll switch things around but 6 out of 7 have a good mix of abilities. (The Mando Tank could stand work but I don't do a whole lot of flashpoints with randos these days so it's only a vague concern.)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! With a whole 2 months to go, I can finish every single storyline on every single 75 character. Oh, wait...already done that.

Well, except for my saboteur. I still can't finish that because they still haven't fixed it. Ugh. I wonder what the chance is of getting it fixed before Feb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What exactly does this mean???

Sith Inquisitor with a lightsaber in each hand, or even secretly use Dark Side powers while posing as a member of the Jedi Order.

Does this mean I could for instance make a Trooper who's story line quests are dark side and take him though the Drummond Kass area, etc????

Edited by Incarnatus

Does this mean I could for instance make a Trooper who's story line quests are dark side and take him though the Drummond Kass area, etc????

You can make a bounty hunter or an agent but with trooper's skillset. You'll be playing agent's or bounty hunter's storyline but with your big cannon and trooper's skills.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...