Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Legendary Items

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sareeph
10.27.2021 , 07:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I expect this will be used as a new credit sink. Im fine with that as long as thereís no gambling mechanics involved like with amplifiers.
I'm do not believe the credit sink without "gambling mechanics" would go over to well. A straight up credit sink means those who have billions get near instant, zero effort upgrades. Every time they have changed the gearing system in the past, they have implemented a zero sum method to make sure everyone was starting out on equal footing.

It is highly probable that a new currency will be introduced. One that you acquire over time playing the game.

HKtheindomitable
10.27.2021 , 08:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi everyone,

Here is an inside look into an update coming to gearing in 7.0. Legendary Items is a new way to customize the play style of your character! Expect to see some of these in an upcoming PTS patch coming in the very near future.

Jackie
Interesting... PTS! I look forward to that soon.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

whisonia
10.27.2021 , 09:51 PM | #23
I really am looking forward to this update!
This new legendary system also sounds really fun. But on a different note related to it, I am not a hardcore player and I really love the more "silly" or "fun" gear sets. Like 'The Victors' set or, 'The Taskmaster' gear set. Ooh! 'The entertainer' is also really really fun! So with this update, I hope those sets and ones like them are kept and transferred into legendary versions. I'd really really hate to lose my sonic themed character. She's so fun to play!!

DeannaVoyager
10.28.2021 , 12:47 AM | #24
Quote:
Set bonuses as they stand today will be gradually phased out. If you are a returning player, you will find that your current set bonuses will be deactivated upon reaching level 76.
Why 76 and not 79? If we are not getting any proper gear until 80, we should be allowed to use our current gear until then, including the DvL XP set, that we acquired through a lot of grinding & replaying old content.

Elofyn
10.28.2021 , 12:56 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceannladair View Post
]
What about current gear?

Rather than having to collect up to six pieces of armor for a Legendary affix, you can focus on obtaining one or two. Being freed from the restriction of set bonuses will also allow you the freedom to mix and match armor to your heartís content, allowing you to customize your characters more than ever before and without losing the effects and abilities you were accustomed to having previously.

(Set bonus just being transferred to Legendary? or Legendary''' pieces are just the new 6 set bonus? and all else are 2,4 set? from my reading set bonuses are just going to implant and ear pieces, rest are just shells with armor, mod, enhancements sprinkle in a 2 or 4 set?) This does not feel legendary its a replacement. IN My OPINION of course.
I don't really have a problem with set bonuses being on implants and ear - doesn't matter where the bonus is, as long as I have it. BUT i agree with this red text and disagree with the original info post. We already have "the freedom to mix and match armor to your heartís content" since you can put any modification to your gear AND you can use outfit designer to look like whatever you want anyway. Getting rid of gear sets in WoW was displeasing to that community (although for reasons which do not apply for swtor) and in swtor it's meaningless at best (unless you plan to make us use gear without freely swappable mods... but that would be crazy, right?).
I hate shoes.

merovejec
10.28.2021 , 01:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KrukPL View Post
How will this affect achievements for sets?
Good question!
Merovejec

Jesseriah
10.28.2021 , 06:32 AM | #27
Will there be a chance that old animations like Master Strike is coming back with these legendaries, since its our own choice what leggo we will use, or is this only set bonus related?
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Gametime, Chartransfer and more!

TheVoyant
10.28.2021 , 08:06 AM | #28
I'll be honest I like the idea if its not another misdirection with some sort of EA ordered mind trickery....

However as I noted in suggestions allow people to trade in hard to acquire set bonuses for said such items. Absolutely no one wants to regrind for a clone of Apex, Endless Offensive, etc.

Would 100% love to switch out the 4 piece bonus and keep the 6 piece part of Apex so that would be cool.

Also given that we had 3 bonuses in most sets and two items. Does this mean we're all losing those alacrity/mastery/endurance boosts? Or will those be applied as 1% bonuses on weapons or something (ok with that as a change)

I like the idea personally, as long as its not a crazy rng exploit meant to force a grind. As that's a very short sighted way to lose players not extend their length of playtime.

This is one of the first 7.0 things that actually seems like it might be a good thing. Bad outweighs the good by far right now, but gotta put positive constructive feedback when it's deserved.

Galbsadi
10.28.2021 , 09:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
So how long before these "Legendary Items" get Deactivated and "Are Forced" into the next round of very expensive vendor trash.....
I'd wager approximately 2.25 years. Plenty of time to get some use out of them.
Peace is a lie.

Galbsadi
10.28.2021 , 09:23 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KrukPL View Post
How will this affect achievements for sets?
Most likely, based on what's happened with prior systems that went away (like Galactic Seasons), if you have the achievement, you keep it. If you don't, it's no longer obtainable.

Same thing for renown levels, I expect, as well (so I'm currently farming up all the legacy titles for that).
Peace is a lie.