Question

Kioth

I remember when we had dedicated PVP gear, why did that stop?

I really liked it, it gave something PVP's to gear for, Also Ranked PVP gear or mods not just mounts, etc.

It adds a whole new element of gameplay and is not just an afterthought.

Discuss. ! If there was a good reason, I like to know why, and if there is another way to make pvp not so blah

I really liked it, it gave something PVP's to gear for, Also Ranked PVP gear or mods not just mounts, etc.

Discuss. ! If there was a good reason, I like to know why, and if there is another way to make pvp not so blah

Sadly you are nearly 3 years late to the conversation since they got rid of pvp gear. Most of us have discussed this topic to death years ago.

Without being rude, I’d suggest you google the forums and read what’s been written before.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The logic behind it was simple. They wanted to allow easy access for anyone for all types of game content, be it PVP or PVE.

If you were a PVE player, you would never even bother to grind through all the RNG to get 2 sets of gear, 1 for pvp and one for PVE, not mention min maxing your stats . Starting with 5.0. the gearing system became very difficult for a lot of players and getting max gear for both game contents would have been a nightmare .

With the removal of PVP gear, we can now que both types of content and honestly , having PVP gear was kinda dumb to begin with .

The change was very good .

With the removal of PVP gear, we can now que both types of content and honestly , having PVP gear was kinda dumb to begin with .

The change was very good .

I think the distinction needs to be made that it was good for players who don't pvp. it was quite bad for players who don't pve. I wouldn't call it difficult for anybody. more like...just kind of silly.

edit: nobody liked the RNG of early expertise gear from crates. buying stuff with pvp currency worked well enough except for (see below) /edit

you could argue that the majority of players in the game are very casual pve players, and by that I mean "conquest muppets." here's what conquest is: imagine 70%-80% of WoW guilds whose focus is on raiding LFR. that's right: their entire activity within the game is to farm auto-attack content for currency to buy space barbie bling on the "auction house" that someone else paid BW real money for on the CM. that's basically what conquest is: an LFR currency farm. that's also what GS is. unifying the gear makes conquest muppets happy.

I wonder what actual pvp gear would do for tanks? could something other than jugg be viable in ranked?

Edited by CheesyEZ