HK-55 Chapter: Shroud of Memory is currently 50% off on the Cartel Market

TrixxieTriss

When you buy it do you get the mission on all your characters or just the one that bought it?

It does not say, so BW could you please make it very clear one way or the other.

Please note for players buying to sell on GTN at extreme mark-up price, it clearly says cannot be traded or sold in the write up. It also says once used you need to log out of game and back in to update mission log.

I can confirm that it is account wide. Keep in mind you must have Companion Alerts available to each individual character before you can see the Arma Rasa quest to get HK-55 (and Z00M). You acquire that function / ability after completing "To Find a Findsman" - which you can get upon completing Chapter 9 of KotFE.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I can confirm that it is account wide. Keep in mind you must have Companion Alerts available to each individual character before you can see the Arma Rasa quest to get HK-55 (and Z00M). You acquire that function / ability after completing "To Find a Findsman" - which you can get upon completing Chapter 9 of KotFE.

Dasty

To Find a Findsman is granted *during* Chapter IX, not at the end. It's at least as early as just before you go to see Senya after the Atrocity Wheel scene in the Cantina, and might even be available *before* the Atrocity Wheel.

Dasty

Welcome back from your (ahem) 'holidays' :D

It's definitely account wide, as everyone says :) Would be a wee bit expensive if it was per char :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by DarkTergon

To Find a Findsman is granted *during* Chapter IX, not at the end. It's at least as early as just before you go to see Senya after the Atrocity Wheel scene in the Cantina, and might even be available *before* the Atrocity Wheel.

Point to Gryffindor!

Dasty

Edit: Thanks DT!

Edited by Jdast

Dasty

Can confirm this as well. My sister was finally able to buy it and do the quests multiple times yesterday. It is available on all her characters that are up to or past that part of the story.

Edit: it’s a shame I can’t buy and sell this chapter token on the GTN so even more people can have access to this extra content.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Can confirm this as well. My sister was finally able to buy it and do the quests multiple times yesterday. It is available on all her characters that are up to or past that part of the story.

Edit: it’s a shame I can’t buy and sell this chapter token on the GTN so even more people can have access to this extra content.

Heck, I'd get a couple just to give to friends. Really wish it was either tradeable or they'd enable some kind of gifting.

Hmm.

I just bought it on my main, but couldn't use the HK-55 item since I already have HK-55.

Does this mean it isn't unlocked for my entire legacy?`

Or am I missing something here?

If you already have HK-55, it means you haven’t progressed far enough in the story to do the chapter. I don’t want to give away any spoilers for you. Just keep playing until you get to chapter 10 (which is where it fits in with the story).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So I had already completed Arma Rasa on a few different characters, but never had access to the Shroud of Memory mission. I briefly unsubbed from the game a few years back, so I guess that fell into a window where I was eligible for one and not the other.

I bought the 50% discounted unlock and, as expected (and as Oddball said 2 posts back), do not have the option to use the HK-55 unlock. That's fine – I knew that one would be useless.

However, I could use the Shroud of Memory unlock so I activated it, it showed that the activation was successful, and..... nothing. Re-logged, re-booted the game, no Shroud of Memory alert or mission on the ship terminal or log. I've checked 5 different characters, two of them at the end of Onslaught, one at the end of KOTET, two at various points in KOTFE post-Chapter 9. They have all done the Arma Rasa mission and acquired HK, but no Shroud of Memory mission.

Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Edit: I had another character at the end of KOTET who hadn't done Arma Rasa yet. I quickly ran it through with him, and the Shroud of Memory quest popped up. So it seems there's a trigger at the end of Arma Rasa to grant the mission; if you've done Arma Rasa already on a character then it seems you cannot acquire SoM with the purchased unlock.

Thanks,

-J

Edited by JarenWelen

So I had already completed Arma Rasa on a few different characters, but never had access to the Shroud of Memory mission. I briefly unsubbed from the game a few years back, so I guess that fell into a window where I was eligible for one and not the other.

I bought the 50% discounted unlock and, as expected (and as Oddball said 2 posts back), do not have the option to use the HK-55 unlock. That's fine – I knew that one would be useless.

However, I could use the Shroud of Memory unlock so I activated it, it showed that the activation was successful, and..... nothing. Re-logged, re-booted the game, no Shroud of Memory alert or mission on the ship terminal or log. I've checked 5 different characters, two of them at the end of Onslaught, one at the end of KOTET, two at various points in KOTFE post-Chapter 9. They have all done the Arma Rasa mission and acquired HK, but no Shroud of Memory mission.

Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Edit: I had another character at the end of KOTET who hadn't done Arma Rasa yet. I quickly ran it through with him, and the Shroud of Memory quest popped up. So it seems there's a trigger at the end of Arma Rasa to grant the mission; if you've done Arma Rasa already on a character then it seems you cannot acquire SoM with the purchased unlock.

Thanks,

-J

If you have done Arma Rosa on one character then you already have it unlocked account-wide. You don't get one without the other. As mentioned by TrixxieTriss you need to do chapter 9 of KotFE or at least start it as mentioned by Steve. They come under alliance alerts. not auto included in mission log or ship terminal, The zoom one is if you originally had it by subbing. To get Zoom you must do Alma Rosa first before that one comes available. Check ASAP that you have it. The reason it is important to check is because you cannot sell/trade this item, so you will need to contact CS to get a refund. Which I hope CS will do for people who have made the same error.

If you have done Arma Rosa on one character then you already have it unlocked account-wide. You don't get one without the other. As mentioned by TrixxieTriss you need to do chapter 9 of KotFE or at least start it as mentioned by Steve. They come under alliance alerts. not auto included in mission log or ship terminal, The zoom one is if you originally had it by subbing. To get Zoom you must do Alma Rosa first before that one comes available. Check ASAP that you have it. The reason it is important to check is because you cannot sell/trade this item, so you will need to contact CS to get a refund. Which I hope CS will do for people who have made the same error.

I appreciate the response, but I did state quite clearly: Arma Rasa was completed on those characters at various points over the past few years, and they are at various stages of story completion post-Chapter 9. Alliance Alerts were checked on those characters and SoM has never been available.

After using the SoM unlock today I completed Arma Rasa on a 6th character (using the exact same steps as on previous characters over the past few years), and the SoM quest appeared. It is the first and only time the SoM quest has been available for me, and Arma Rasa has been available on my other characters since 2016. So it *does* seem that you can have one without the other.

-J

Edited by JarenWelen

I appreciate the response, but I did state quite clearly: Arma Rasa was completed on those characters at various points over the past few years, and they are at various stages of story completion post-Chapter 9. Alliance Alerts were checked on those characters and SoM has never been available.

After using the SoM unlock today I completed Arma Rasa on a 6th character (using the exact same steps as on previous characters over the past few years), and the SoM quest appeared. It is the first and only time the SoM quest has been available for me, and Arma Rasa has been available on my other characters since 2016. So it *does* seem that you can have one without the other.

-J

You couldn't get Arma Rasa quest, unless you had access to the chapter, so if you had completed it years ago on those characters, then you should have had access to Shroud of Memory.

Arma Rasa quest was part of the sub reward with Shroud of memory.

You couldn't get Arma Rasa quest, unless you had access to the chapter, so if you had completed it years ago on those characters, then you should have had access to Shroud of Memory.

Arma Rasa quest was part of the sub reward with Shroud of memory.

Sigh. Sounds like I have some bugged characters then. The game certainly thinks I only had Arma Rasa unlocked, since it would only let me activate the Shroud of Memory unlock: screenshot (Arma Rasa is greyed out).

I seem to remember querying it with CS a few years ago and was told that I had only been eligible for Arma Rasa, not sure why I listened to them. My last CS ticket was closed with "I feel you, I play games and bugs are frustrating" so I'm not feeling confident about getting support on it. I don't mind losing the CC, just would be good to get Z0-0M on characters that had already completed Arma Rasa before today.

-J

Is it worth it? Asking because I already have so many companions on my companions log that I have no use for...

Personally I say yes, because

1. It's a fun chapter

2. Zoom is fun + HK 55 is good too

3. You also get the Jollo deco, if you pick the lightside option

:)

Plus, the fact it's on sale at the moment, this is probably the cheapest you'll get it at.

Edited by DarkTergon

Is it worth it? Asking because I already have so many companions on my companions log that I have no use for...

I decided to get it. I'd been holding off because of the price, but with it being on sale it seemed worth it for some story content. Not sure how much I'll actually be using HK, since I tend to stick to my favorite companions, but it'll be something fun to do in the meantime before the next story patch.

The story is a nice closure to the Shroud story line that includes an interesting twist (my agent who has been itching to kill the Shroud would be so surprised to know how it unfolds lol)

The comps are just a nice bonus for me.

it's an account wide unlock, it's half price, I'd say it's worth it.

The story is a nice closure to the Shroud story line that includes an interesting twist (my agent who has been itching to kill the Shroud would be so surprised to know how it unfolds lol)

The comps are just a nice bonus for me.

it's an account wide unlock, it's half price, I'd say it's worth it.

I like having the companion but that story ending seriously ruined one of my favorite little offshoot stories in the game with the shroud. Highly disappointed in that ending.