Take Cover Change with action bars?

Misfit

until it's back im done with the game, i started a month ago and Snipe was my main, im at chapter 10 of KOTFE and a core mechanic and QOL of my class is removed. Unsubbed till addressed. @EA Elden Ring comes out this month so you aren't the most attractive belle at the ball to pull these kind of shenanigans. 7.0 sucks

I was looking forward to taking my Sniper through the new content, but without the Cover Bar - or even the option to turn it on or off - I find this class pretty much unplayable at the moment. This must be a bug. No dev would be stupid enough to just take a perfectly fine option away from players for absolutely no good reason... right? Right?

Well, I have only been playing about a month, and logging in to this change was a punch to the gut.

Combat with this class is radically changed, enough so that I no longer want to even play the class anymore. This is a shockingly bad change and I cannot fathom for the life of me how such a change was approved other than those that came up with it and approved it never played the class before.

Combat went from smooth action to an awkward mess of stop and go stop and go.

I now have one very large reason to not continue playing the game. I do not like melee classes, trooper was boring for me which means I am now left with Bounty Hunter and perhaps Sorcerer to play. So much for finding a new MMO home that will last.

Yeah... I have been playing for a couple of months now and really enjoyed Sniper most out of all classes - until they took away the cover bar with absolutely no warning or given reason. If I can't play my favorite class to any reasonable extent, I'll have to show my dissatisfaction by unsubscribing until this absolutely bonkers decision/bug is reverted/fixed.

I'm not mad, but I am very, very disappointed.

Edited by jeffreydekogel

Really? This is what is causing people to unsubscribe? The change takes maybe an hour to get used to, tops. Sniper/Gunslinger plays fine. You just need to adapt to the changes, like you’ve done for literally every major expansion before this.

Really? This is what is causing people to unsubscribe? The change takes maybe an hour to get used to, tops. Sniper/Gunslinger plays fine. You just need to adapt to the changes, like you’ve done for literally every major expansion before this.

I had 2 different sets of abilities for cover/out of cover, so its a big change that makes no sense

Point it: Why would they removed a QoL feature that was both working just fine AND already optional ? It makes no sense. Even if you argue that only a minority of people was using it anymore, or arguing that "adapting your playstyle isn't a big deal", why should we defend removing potentially useful feature from the game?

• 4 weeks later...
Any news about this?

In the 7.0.1 patch nothing said about the return of the bar...

really wanted to play the snipy and tried different solutions, but nothing seems smooth like the dear old bar

Why would it be in the patch? They haven't made any indication they intend to return the cover bar

Why would it be in the patch? They haven't made any indication they intend to return the cover bar

To be fair, they haven't made any indication at all. I really wish a dev could pop in one of these thread and either say "It's a bug, y'all, please be patient" or "No way, josé, the lack of cover bar is fully intended, we removed it because fk u"

But no acknowledgement in a way or the other is no good for anyone.

Edited by Jaedelyia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
With all the changes and now no cover bar, i basically can't play my sniper/gunslinger anymore

Its been in the game forever, why remove it now!

I was just thinking the same thing, so I came here to see if it was just me. My action bar switched in cover since the beginning, the very beginning, like 1.0. 11 years later is a long time to decide, "Nah, you gotta mix cover skills with non-cover skills now. Have fun!"