Steam Deck has plans to run all games on Linux in 2022

CKNORTH

It’s coming in 2022 timing is interesting I have a feeling with how much they say they advanced on Linux how interesting gaming on a Steam OS and proton will be. Currently I am installing the Steam OS on my PC to take a look around at what has been done on the public side so far. Here is the Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ol1wit/stream_handoff/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Edited by CKNORTH

You also have Microsoft about to release Windows 365 cloud (which is Windows 10/11) run in a browser type window like the old dumb terminals of old. Will run on Mac OS Linux and Chrome. Supposedly it will be able to run any current Windows 10 compatible software. Not sure how laggy that would be for games or even if it would work.

You also have Microsoft about to release Windows 365 cloud (which is Windows 10/11) run in a browser type window like the old dumb terminals of old. Will run on Mac OS Linux and Chrome. Supposedly it will be able to run any current Windows 10 compatible software. Not sure how laggy that would be for games or even if it would work.

Pretty sure it would end up with "double lag", lag between you and the cloud servers, and then *again* between the cloud servers and the game servers. Then again, the NVidia Now (?name) thing is already doling that, and so is PS3 emulation for PS4, so maybe it's not such a big problem.

Well unless the Windows-in-the-Cloud thing is designed for running "productivity" applications like Office, in which case it won't do so well for games.

And, for the general audience, bear in mind that "in the cloud" means "on someone else's computer".

It’s coming in 2022 timing is interesting I have a feeling with how much they say they advanced on Linux how interesting gaming on a Steam OS and proton will be. Currently I am installing the Steam OS on my PC to take a look around at what has been done on the public side so far. Here is the Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ol1wit/stream_handoff/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Just to let you guys know swtor runs well on linux with wine/proton.

I have been playing swtor for years on linux and there's minimal issues.