Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3.0 Patch stuck at Installing 100%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
3.0 Patch stuck at Installing 100%

HypnoticMichael
12.02.2014 , 01:26 PM | #1
Hi all,

I have a horrible feeling I know the answer here, but I'm hopeful for a better solution. Logged in to the client today after servers came back up, expecting the mild pain of a patch but it was actually very quick... only it then got stuck at "installing 100%" with both play and settings buttons greyed out so no repair option available. Hours later, still the same. On trying to close the launcher I get a warning that the launcher is still patching. Curious, because that seems to contradict the "100%" - but since when did logic apply?

Yes, I have the streaming launcher (not responsible for the install on this machine!).
I've tried re-launching the launcher to the same result, and also deleting the bitraider folder, only to then get stuck at 0%!

Anything else that can be tried? If "non-streaming launcher" is the only (feared) solution, then a pointer towards the officially sanctioned method of doing this would of course be appreciated. There must be one given the prevalence of this flaw, right?

Thanks for any responses!

Chambomorrison
12.02.2014 , 02:38 PM | #2
I have same problem , i hate biowarE !

Quinz
12.02.2014 , 02:54 PM | #3
I am having the issue with installing, as well. I am stuck on 'Installing Main Assets 183 (23%)' and has been like this for hours. I restarted the computer and launcher. I deleted the Launcher.exe, launcher.settings, assets_swtor_main_181to182, patch and patch.a[...] folders and did the FixLauncher then tried again, nothing is working! What should I do? Do I, honestly, have to uninstall and reinstall or something? And before asking, No, I had not used the SWTOR Unleashed thing at all.

antgibb
12.02.2014 , 04:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinz View Post
I am having the issue with installing, as well. I am stuck on 'Installing Main Assets 183 (23%)' and has been like this for hours. I restarted the computer and launcher.
I set mine running over night, since a 3.2GB patch was going to take a number of hours to download. Come this morning, I too was faced with the 'Installing Main Assets 183" but in my case it was stuck at 70%.

I'd tried a couple of things quickly, but then had to head to work.

There is no way I can uninstall and reinstall, I just don't have the monthly data quota or bandwidth speed to do that, so need an actual fix.