Time to call it a day.

Ttoilleekul

I never played with or against you a lot (though I'm not familiar with all your alts, so maybe more than I realized). But I do enjoy your videos. Lately I was inspired to try the rfl/hlc combo on T1F after watching you do it. I was also very impressed when you seemed to know not only where all the DOs are in Iokath, but also the engine overcharges, and had the mental bandwidth to notice when they spawned in the middle of the match.

Don't let the haters get you down. It is far more important that you have friends like the ones on this thread. I'm not quite good enough to get accusations of cheating (at least I have not noticed any). But I have seen and played enough to know that skill is what is happening. I have been focused some. I take it as a compliment. I feel a losing match where I still was able to play effectively is just as good an accomplishment as winning a match.

I also play chess. Many years ago I played in rated tournaments. If you want intense PvP action, tournament chess is the thing. Though the chess players are mostly a lot nicer than some SWTOR PvP players. These days I just play casually occasionally on the Internet. One piece of chess advice is to not get too caught up in openings. Just play a few openings that you like and have learned to avoid the traps. The endgame is where the extra wins will come from.

Anyway, good luck!

It sounds to me like you could use a fresh start. Try a different server where nobody knows who you are. On Satele Shan I have genuinely seen 0 toxicity in GSF (plenty in solo ranked though if that’s your thing). Not even normal bashing about people not playing objectives or solo rushing into enemies in TDM. In fact the chat is mostly quiet outside of “Inc A,” “ammo at x y coordinate,” etc. The only teasing I’ve personally ever encountered was a guy who said to me “oh damn we’re on the same team this time, now I don’t know who to to focus on all game” which was more funny than anything.

Although I’m sure you’re burnt out and starting from scratch would be a pain, it’s the best way I can think of to enjoy the game mode without the negativity.

Edited by Duradel

I have never been the victim of drama myself, so I am fortunate in that regard. As a matter of fact, I have been the perpetrator of such.

Under only one circumstance.

This is Sa- me when someone scratches the paint of my Flashfire.

When I am simultaneously sliced and protorped.

When I am ioned and railguned.

When someone makes it personal. :mad:

To anyone else watching this. To anyone else reading this. To all those people who wanted to prove a point to me and make me recognize them, if you want to prove yourself in this game. Fly a Scout.

Not just any scout. ;)

Edited by ForfiniteStories

All the best Luc.o7 Hopefully the siren song of GSF grows too loud middle of some chess match and you end up in a Flashfire all over again. If and when you do get back, please try taking all the venom and anger as complimentary! I mean, what else is it ultimately, besides an admission you did so great in a match that opposition got pissed off enough to /w the QQ.

If I return it won't be a for a long time. I need that break from it. Safe skies Stradin.

I never played with or against you a lot (though I'm not familiar with all your alts, so maybe more than I realized). But I do enjoy your videos. Lately I was inspired to try the rfl/hlc combo on T1F after watching you do it. I was also very impressed when you seemed to know not only where all the DOs are in Iokath, but also the engine overcharges, and had the mental bandwidth to notice when they spawned in the middle of the match.
Invis' training. If I can do it anyone can do it. This is why people say I'm only good with Damage Overcharges, like Domination doesn't exist. All the best Thutmose. Edited by Ttoilleekul

It sounds to me like you could use a fresh start. Try a different server where nobody knows who you are. On Satele Shan I have genuinely seen 0 toxicity in GSF (plenty in solo ranked though if that’s your thing). Not even normal bashing about people not playing objectives or solo rushing into enemies in TDM. In fact the chat is mostly quiet outside of “Inc A,” “ammo at x y coordinate,” etc. The only teasing I’ve personally ever encountered was a guy who said to me “oh damn we’re on the same team this time, now I don’t know who to to focus on all game” which was more funny than anything.

Although I’m sure you’re burnt out and starting from scratch would be a pain, it’s the best way I can think of to enjoy the game mode without the negativity.

I already did this close to 6 months ago. I've been on all servers ever since. Yes it does help, but not enough. I was accused of cheating on SS only last week. As I said, people don't receive this kind of abuse until you become a top tier Ace. And there is one particular person who insists on chain slicing me every single match. Thankfully he is no threat because he's dire, and couldn't hit water standing on a boat. But even still, it gets tedious. Its like "hhmm, do I want to log into SS today knowing I'm going to be chain sliced?

The only other way around this problem is to have more and more alts and keep rotating them every 2-3 matches. Never even complete a weekly in one go. Then don't play that alt again for two weeks. So it only ever plays 2-3 games every 14 days. I know one guy that does this, and manages to escape most of the focus I deal with because he does this. It also manages to reduce the flaming, because people don't recognize the alts. It crossed my mind to do this, but I'm just done with it. And because I post YouTube videos and put myself out there to help people, there are people who work out my alts regardless. I made a new toon a few weeks ago, never told anyone who I was, then within 20 games someone says "Hi Luc" in ops chat. So, because of my presence in the community, I'm not sure persistent alt hopping would work for me.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

I already did this close to 6 months ago. I've been on all servers ever since. Yes it does help, but not enough. I was accused of cheating on SS only last week. As I said, people don't receive this kind of abuse until you become a top tier Ace. And there is one particular person who insists on chain slicing me every single match. Thankfully he is no threat because he's dire, and couldn't hit water standing on a boat. But even still, it gets tedious. Its like "hhmm, do I want to log into SS today knowing I'm going to be chain sliced?

The only other way around this problem is to have more and more alts and keep rotating them every 2-3 matches. Never even complete a weekly in one go. Then don't play that alt again for two weeks. So it only ever plays 2-3 games every 14 days. I know one guy that does this, and manages to escape most of the focus I deal with because he does this. It also manages to reduce the flaming, because people don't recognize the alts. It crossed my mind to do this, but I'm just done with it. And because I post YouTube videos and put myself out there to help people, there are people who work out my alts regardless. I made a new toon a few weeks ago, never told anyone who I was, then within 20 games someone says "Hi Luc" in ops chat. So, because of my presence in the community, I'm not sure persistent alt hopping would work for me.

The other option is start on a fresh account and don’t tell anyone who you are. Keep your forum and discord names seperate from your game names and don’t cross pollinate. You can keep this account going if you want to post YouTube vids. But when you play for fun or enjoyment, you can “fly” under the radar (so to speak).

The other option is start on a fresh account and don’t tell anyone who you are. Keep your forum and discord names seperate from your game names and don’t cross pollinate. You can keep this account going if you want to post YouTube vids. But when you play for fun or enjoyment, you can “fly” under the radar (so to speak).

That may work to a point, however players have their own flying style, and some pilots can spot those just from seeing them in a match.

Right now, you can count one hand the number of active players who A)Know all Damage Overcharge locations on all maps. B)Know the Engine Overcharge locations at Iokath. C) Can fly Strikes, Gunships and Scouts to devastating effect. D) Are known for flying solo.

If I go make a new account right now, then stay totally quiet and don't speak to anyone, I give it all of 5 minutes before people figure out / assume its me.

I remember this happening when Neutrinos retired. About six months later this toon appears in GSF called Arengesus. He was doing things only Neutrinos could do. Totally destroying other players who considered themselves top tier. Carrying teams that should never win. Dominating the server. Everyone was talking about who it might be. Several names were thrown around, but the stand out popular opinion was that it was Neutrinos. I certainly felt confident it was him. Fast forward about a year and legacy ignore arrived. Arengesus had long since stopped playing. He only hung around for a couple of months. But I never forgot him, and I checked the legacy name, sure enough it was Neutrinos. A while after that another new toon appeared, doing all the same things. This one was called Arteedanel. I checked the legacy name within two games of seeing him play. "Unamed Legacy." But there were only a handful of people capable of playing this way, and Invis + Yui had already openly denied it was them. I mean, there is a chance I am wrong, but I am pretty certain this one was Neutrinos too. People, Malgus regulars who like to think they are good, would regularly create premades to take Arengesus and Arteedanel out. I saw Arengesus - who we know was Neutrinos - get focused so hard he ended the match 2kills to 3 deaths. I saw Arteedanel have a premade of 4 people permanently chasing him, because they knew if they didn't, he would win the match. He managed to still come away with 6 kills to 4 deaths. I felt for him, it almost feels unfair that one person should have people coordinating to shut him down, especially when that person flies solo. These were new toons. One we know was Neutrinos, one we think was Neutrinos. But in both circumstances it didn't matter, he still got shut down hard once people clocked how good he was. The only way to avoid that treatment, would be to nerf himself. Neutrinos eventually retired for good, as did so many greats, and now, I totally get why. I've had several messages of support from people I will not name, but people who were very well known, recognized Aces, who left for the reason I am leaving. Most people don't know what real focus is like. And while I am not putting myself on the same Elite-god-like-tier of Neutrinos, I do for a fact know what its like to be shut down like him. Its actually laughable. I genuinely have been behind my PC laughing my head off out loud at how many people are chasing me around the map. But it also makes the game near unplayable. It doesn't matter how many new toons or accounts I make, it is only a matter of time before the hard focus and verbal abuse starts. And you're either willing to put up with that / laugh it off or you're not. But I am not the first to leave because of it and I will not be the last.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

that's always going to be a problem for players that are very good at what they do. As you say, even with a new legacy name (new account), you're going to be right back in that spot again.

what you need ,and many others, is more players of same skill level being in the same match, hence as mentioned many times a better match maker .

not a fan of you leaving, when I last played , I had drak giving me advice on the forums(think it was before your GSF days started), when I returned, there was you.

those advice's from the past and present helped a ton. and me a better pilot. I'm too old to care about win/loses anymore, but who doesn't like to win all the time. So never really asked for training, just info.

Have I ever been focused, a couple times, to me it felt good, Thinking, damn I must be a threat, maybe I am good, but probably can count on one hand the amount of times I was generally being focused on.

I have many alts in GSF,but not hard to figure out it's still me, they all have same second name, not good enough to hide by another name any ways .

damn forgot where I was going with this,

point I think I'm trying to say, it was inevitable , if you're good and a lot better then average, this moment was going to happen, no matter what online game you play.

I for one will miss the commentary videos

I won't miss some of the silly arguments you had on the forums, heck wouldn't mind never seeing anything like that from anyone on the forums.

just don't be a stranger, and enjoy what makes you feel good