Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

WraithAscendant

Updated and started a new thread so that we do not get lost in our own posts. Started from this thread ---> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=55121

This post will serve a reference for those seeking info on rare gems.

Hey all,

Some of you may be looking for something. Something perhaps out of the way and different from the regular crystals. Maybe you want a White Crystal like me, maybe your prefer Purple to Blue. Or maybe you want a hot pink, Magenta blade. Well rest assured you have come to the right place. Below is the best efforts of the community to gather information on these rare Lightsaber colors.

A note from Bioware on Reverse Engineering Crystals

The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.

What does this mean? Well it settles the issue that RE'ing rare items or crystals will not give a schematic. Not sure you would want to do that after all the effort to get a white or Magenta... In other words, DON'T DO IT!

Gem Color and Locations

Note some of this is speculative is not yet confirmed. What is here is the best efforts of the community to locate these rare colors. If you see an error or have more info that what is provided, please post and inform me! I will change it right away.

Common Colors

Blue - Artifice

Red - Artifice

Green - Artifice

Yellow - Artifice

Orange - High level Artifice (lvl 400), also drops from Corusant Worldboss, Nar Shadda Worldboss and Ulgo Siegebreaker on Alderaan [Note - "Normal" gems can be found in vendor sabers/gear as well]

Black Core Colors

Black Blue - Republic Rakata Gear and Battlemaster PvP vendors (Non-Removable on Battlemaster)

Black Red - Empire Rakata Gear and Battlemaster PvP vendors (Non-Removable on Battlemaster)

Black Yellow - Pre-order Bonus

Black Green - Obtained as bonus for Razer TOR hardware - http://www.razerzone.com/swtor

Rare Colors

White - The white crystal "found" by CatchDeathwalker was confirmed by Bioware to be illegitimate. They have told us White is not in-game as of yet. For now we wait. I will find white come hell or high water...

Hello everyone, I wanted to clarify a little on our actions here. Here's the biggest question I wanted to address:

Unfortunately the actions of the player in question were intentional and deliberate. As well as the item being removed, further action was taken on this player's account. This was not an 'easy exploit', and not something the average player might 'stumble upon'.

Beyond that, we will not be commenting further - either on the player's method of obtaining the crystal or actions on their account.

Right now, it is not possible to legitimately obtain a White Lightsaber Crystal in the game through any gameplay method. In the future, it will be possible to legitimately obtain. When that day comes, we'll let you know so you can go about obtaining the crystal for your characters.

Again, we apologize for not commenting sooner as our investigation was ongoing.

Purple - Obtained from Empire Columi Gear and obtained via Hardmode Eternity Vault [unconfirmed]. They can also be obtained from PvP Champion sabers, but YOU CANNOT remove the crystal. Also obtainable from rare drops on 8/16 man Operations (Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace) [unconfirmed Which one does or if both do...]

Cyan - Obtained from Columi gear, listed as "Light Blue" [LTBLUE].PvP Champion versions can be Cyan, but not removable. Also obtainable from rare drops on 8/16 man Operations (Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace) [unconfirmed Which one does or if both do...]

Magenta - Also listed as "Light Red" [LTRED], Magenta has a few steps to do before you can get this one.

Schematic drops from:

- Gargath, on Hoth drops a +33 Endurance Schematic, a +33 Power schematic and a +33 Crit schematic.

- The Primal Destroyer, drops a +33 Endurance, a +33 Crit schematic and a +33 Power schematic. *Note - Respawns every 2 hours real time*

The following are the steps for the main ingredient. Thanks to Taskcommnda for the info.

STEP 1 - Go to Tattooine and look for a Moisture Vaporator. They are the tall spires scattered around the dunes of Tattoine. Look near the base and click the glowing blue panel. You should get a buff from the Vaporator. If you can't see the panel, either wait for it (they have a long cooldown) or find another tower.

STEP 2 - Go to Hoth. You will be going to the tallest mountain the region, located at (X-907,Y 637). Once you ascend the mountain, your buff will dissapear and you will get "Pure Shockfrozen Water" in your inventory.

STEP 3 - Go to Illum with your Block of Ice and Schematic in tow. Grab 3 lvl 50 friends and click on the Depleted White Adegan Crystal Node located at (-553,-5). Defeat the Force ghost that spawns. Once defeated, a Crystal Node will spawn near the Depleated node. From this you will obtain the Magenta Adgean crytal needed to craft the crystal.

Step 4 - Craft Crystal.

Additional seasoning required...

First Step - Tattooine: Click the base plate of any Water Vaporator ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moisture_vaporator ) for a refresh buff (waterglass icon) -- I found mine north of Mos Ila, but they are scattered about. Note: they seem to be on a fairly long cooldown.

Second Step - Travel to the top of the really tall mountain on Hoth (X-907,Y 637) - The closest speeder is at the Leth Outpost and the mountain is clearly visible from here. Your buff will disappear and you will get the "Pure Shockfrozen Water" item placed into your inventory.

Third Step - Take a couple of level 50 friends and go to the Depleted White Adegan Crystal node on Ilum; to the west (-553,-5) and click it. A Force Ghost will spawn from the frozen pool (boss level 50 mob). A crystal will then spawn for the group a few yards away from the depleted crystal. Loot this for the Magenta Crystal.

note: the moisture vaporator's are around outpost Rennar in the Jundland area of tatooine

CONFIRMED: drops from a nearby crystal formation that appears after you defeat the force ghost, seems only 1 crystal per formation, though no one else in the group had the frozen water to summon the ghost we could only try it once.

few pics:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_55_33_063275.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/Mitchell_Naylor/Screenshot_2012-01-07_18_57_23_826611.jpg

forgot to screenshot the crystal formation that spawned.

steps 1 through 3 were provided by the OP at

i simply copied and pasted the info to this thread

Contributors

If you have aided me and the community in your search for crystals and glory, tell me! I will gladly add you to this list. After all JOLLY COOPERATION is best no?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- SkywalkerPL

-Taskcommnda

Edited by WraithAscendant

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wraith, thanks so much for this thread and the one that lead to it. You are an awesome member of this SWTOR community. :)

Once that white crystal is added to the game, I'll know just where to look to find a generous and committed group of people who share a passion for tracking it down. (Hopefully I'll be high enough level by then to help out.)

Definitley keeping this thread close and gonna help on any mystery that insues (and we all know its only a matter of time before that happens). Great job Wraith, you are an awesome part of this community as are many of the people who take part in these hunts.

Just a few notes on what you already have, Wraith:

For Purple and Cyan:

I wouldn't put it in there that Purple and Cyan are empire and republic only. Purple is a rare drop in hard mode and nightmare mode Eternity Vault/Karagga's Palace (not sure which one, or if both), and I'm assuming cyan is as well (It wouldnt make sense that republic can get purple, but empire cant get cyan), so I would take out the faction restriction for now, since im almost certain that i've seen a republic player with a purple saber before

For black-red/black-blue:

Black-red is also obtainable in the battlemaster weapons off the empire PvP vendors (not removable though, and likewise black-blue is also found in the battlemaster weapons off the republic PvP vendors (not removable)

Stephen Reid has struck again. Queen of Sands is also not in game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandaman

Thank you so much for the reply in both threads. One awesome thing I think even the devs could take from these threads is the things people come up with. A lot of the stuff we tried was probably never thought of by bioware, but would be awesome little puzzles. Would be awesome if the Devs combed through these types of threads and found some cool ideas for puzzles later on in the game.

No promises... but we're always watching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalamahara

I suggest changing the thread title to Queen of Sands Hunt.Unless the devs want to step in and say that boss isnt implimented completely ingame yet either

Here I go, killing your buzz again....

'Queen of Sands' is indeed not in-game... yet. I would venture a guess that you discovered that boss through a datamining site. As a general hint, do not assume everything you read on those sites is currently in-game, especially if there do not seem to be any quests linked to the item.

Again, confirmed by development - 'Queen of Sands' will make an appearance eventually, but we cannot confirm exactly when or how at this point

Edited by Vandaman

For Purple and Cyan:

I wouldn't put it in there that Purple and Cyan are empire and republic only. Purple is a rare drop in hard mode and nightmare mode Eternity Vault/Karagga's Palace (not sure which one, or if both), and I'm assuming cyan is as well (It wouldnt make sense that republic can get purple, but empire cant get cyan), so I would take out the faction restriction for now, since im almost certain that i've seen a republic player with a purple saber before

Black-red is also obtainable in the battlemaster weapons off the empire PvP vendors (not removable though, and likewise black-blue is also found in the battlemaster weapons off the republic PvP vendors (not removable)

Hmm you have any proof? I have not see any info that purple crystal or lightsaber with that is obtainable on republic side. Guess we need Stephen here aswell, to once and for all put the end of this speculation aswell.

Edited by Divona

For Purple and Cyan:

Updated...

Cyan - This is found in republic champion PvP gear level sabers (non-removable) & also found in Columi PvE level sabers (removable) - Republic Only.

Purple - This is found in Imperial champion PvP gear level sabers ( non-removable) & also found in Columi PvE level sabers (removable) - Imperial Only.

Black-Blue - This is found in republic Battlemaster PvP gear level sabers (non-removable) & also found in Rakata PvE level sabers (removable) - Republic Only.

Black-Red - This is found in Imperial Battlemaster PvP fear level sabers ( non-removable) & also found in Rakata PvE level sabers (removeable) - Imperial Only.

It is worth a note that the battlemaster and Rakata sabers are currently broken and do not display the correct stats, they are much lower than intended, lower than other lower tiers of PvP and PvE gear.

Also worth a note, there is a saber in Karagga's palace that has a red colour crystal that can be used even if you're Rank V in Light or Rank V in dark. It is currently the only saber I know with a red colour crystal that can be used by either light or darkside. The sabers name is 'Temptarion' the colour crystal specifies that it is forbidden to Light I or above, yet it is not.

V Me Wielding Temptation with Rank V Light.

http://i.imgur.com/WnbOO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H4HJs.jpg

Edited by Monkfishysnow

Well, it's a shame that the search for the white crystal ended how it did.

Wonder if there's anything else out there that we could be searching for though? Eh devs? Eh? Eh? :)

I tried coaxing Stephen Reid into the answer lol, but so far to no avail.

Yep, keep in mind this guide still needs work. Example, people say Cyan and Purple can also be obtained in Hardmode FP's, which ones? Lets make this nice and clean.

Not FP's, operations, 8/16 man ones (Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace - not exactly sure which of the two, or both)

Edited by Twiistaa