Without renown, what will old content reward?

ralphieceaser

On PTS, it looked like daily areas and heroic missions (e.g. complete 5 heroics on Nar Shaddaa) are still there like now. They give credits, conquest points (based on conquest objectives), and most importantly one of the currencies for upgrading conquest gear. I think some of this currency is also needed to upgrade flashpoint gear but not sure. Certain missions will be worthless though, such as many of the flashpoint bonus objectives which currently only give renown. In 7.0 they will give max players nothing. The ones that unlock bonus bosses will still be useful for the extra boss loot, but the other ones will be worthless to max level players. Those missions never gave much renown anyways, so they were pretty much worthless in 6.0 too.

Oh that is good to hear then, that is useful

On PTS, it looked like daily areas and heroic missions (e.g. complete 5 heroics on Nar Shaddaa) are still there like now. They give credits, conquest points (based on conquest objectives), and most importantly one of the currencies for upgrading conquest gear. I think some of this currency is also needed to upgrade flashpoint gear but not sure. Certain missions will be worthless though, such as many of the flashpoint bonus objectives which currently only give renown. In 7.0 they will give max players nothing. The ones that unlock bonus bosses will still be useful for the extra boss loot, but the other ones will be worthless to max level players. Those missions never gave much renown anyways, so they were pretty much worthless in 6.0 too.

Right, but you have to do the dailies in one day and the weeklies in one week. Unfortunately, you won't get anything but credits for all the dailies in daily areas and the heroic themselves, you'll have to finish the weeklies and heroic dailies to get the gear upgrade parts (which means having to do some long heroics that people usually skip).

Also weeklies that award rewards will rotate every week apparently.

Right, but you have to do the dailies in one day and the weeklies in one week. Unfortunately, you won't get anything but credits for all the dailies in daily areas and the heroic themselves, you'll have to finish the weeklies and heroic dailies to get the gear upgrade parts (which means having to do some long heroics that people usually skip).

Another reason I will be doing the new operation and nothing else.

These other systems sound like a lot of work for subpar non-modable gear.

At least for the first time in a long time, I will log in, play the one operation and then log out.

The hours I spent playing alts and dabbling in all different parts of the game will be a thing of the past.

If you have been around a couple years, my suggestion would be to Just get a guild, schedule some raids on the guild website and profit.

I wouldn't touch any other content tbh, its a waste of time. Aside from one imp and one rep storyline play through.

Edited by kirorx

I actually don't think they are changing CQ at all other than doubling the requirement and removing credits. The goals will still be there. It's if you want gear upgrades (because really, who won't) that you'll have to do specific content.

It's kinda moot though if they are putting limits on how many CQ rewards you can get, like they did on PTS.

When I was on the PTS with my little lvl 12ish warrior, I did a quick peek at what the conquest objectives were before I headed off to do the Korriban heroics, and I didn't see any that were for completing a planetary heroic. I saw objectives for rampages and for mission completes, but not the heroics themselves. I took that to mean they are reworking objectives. (I do not rule out the possibility that I overlooked them, but I was intentionally looking for them)

On most planets, you can skip a few heroics and still finish the overarching Heroics: PLANET mission. For example, there might be 7 heroics available, but the overarching mission only requires 5 heroics. Coruscant and Dromund Kaas require all of them to be completed, but they are all quick on those planets.

When I was on the PTS with my little lvl 12ish warrior, I did a quick peek at what the conquest objectives were before I headed off to do the Korriban heroics, and I didn't see any that were for completing a planetary heroic. I saw objectives for rampages and for mission completes, but not the heroics themselves. I took that to mean they are reworking objectives. (I do not rule out the possibility that I overlooked them, but I was intentionally looking for them)

Even worse than I thought...Possible though that they don't appear at 12.

Edited by Pricia

Old content will be worthless, choice will be gone. We will have herds of players running whatever we will be pointed at by bioware in current week and that will be all. Lame and boring times ahead.

"play your way" just became "play our way" lol

Well someone did make the correct point that now bosus quests are completely useless, or any quest that doesnt reward anything other than renown like the Gree event Area quest, it says kill world bosses and xeno but the only relevant reward is renown, if that is not changed why would people bother?

Well someone did make the correct point that now bosus quests are completely useless, or any quest that doesnt reward anything other than renown like the Gree event Area quest, it says kill world bosses and xeno but the only relevant reward is renown, if that is not changed why would people bother?

World bosses will most likely be updated to drop level 80 gear for max level characters, so the mission might not be worth it on its own, but it will still direct players to fight the bosses. I'd like to see an update to old mission rewards at max level, perhaps a renown->credits conversion, but that probably won't happen because Bioware is actively trying to reduce credit income to fight inflation.

Therefore only certain activities will be worth doing during that week while all others will be waste of time. My statement is still true.

Your statement is not true, because they won't be *forcing* you to do it. Do it or not, it's your choice. (There will be no goons with baseball bats and Uzis coming to your house to threaten you == not forced.)

Your statement is not true, because they won't be *forcing* you to do it. Do it or not, it's your choice. (There will be no goons with baseball bats and Uzis coming to your house to threaten you == not forced.)

If you want to be pedantic then correct, no one is physically forcing or threatening. If you want to receive rewards, if you want to upgrade your gear, then you will do the content that they choose, on their schedule. That is coercion. "Play your way" is out and replaced with "you will play our way or you will get crumbs." Force applied through coercion is still force.