The meaning of learning to play bass while trying to become a six string solo master

allerod

Hi everyone. There is only one thing I cannot understand. How can you learn to play arenas 4 DPS vs 4DPS ,by trying to play chaotic warzones with lots of healers and tanks focused on objects???

I'm myself spent two wonderful years playing a game like lineage 2 and Tera online.

What can I say that pvp in Tera is close to ideal and almost nothing changes there.In contrast, I can bring a PVP in SWTOR in which you need to constantly adapt to changes in classes, changes in styles of play, and as I have already understood for a time playing this game, that there is no limit in your skill.

The outcome of the arena often depends on coordinated team play. How is this possible without a voice? Yes, there is a chat, but often it is not possible to read it in the middle of a game. I also want to note that if the team is really good then minor mistakes of individual players will not be noticeable.

But to vote kicking players for the fact that he missed Kolto Overload/ED on time. At the same time, trying to get away from the three marauders. UNFAIR.,Then make arenas for beginners...

How can you learn to survive and kill enemy targets in the arena by playing Huttball

Edited by allerod

All good points and why arena needs it’s own queue or why it should never have been removed from the prime time pop rotation.

But if you do want to get more arena and learn some basics for tactics and strats in arena. Try queueing for lowbie and mid bracket pvp because it will pop way more due to lower queue numbers. The other less desirable way is to see it you can queue up for lvl 75 regs during the off hours out of prime time because that’s when it pops the most (when there aren’t many people online).

Hi everyone. There is only one thing I cannot understand. How can you learn to play arenas 4 DPS vs 4DPS ,by trying to play chaotic warzones with lots of healers and tanks focused on objects???

I'm myself spent two wonderful years playing a game like lineage 2 and Tera online.

What can I say that pvp in Tera is close to ideal and almost nothing changes there.In contrast, I can bring a PVP in SWTOR in which you need to constantly adapt to changes in classes, changes in styles of play, and as I have already understood for a time playing this game, that there is no limit in your skill.

The outcome of the arena often depends on coordinated team play. How is this possible without a voice? Yes, there is a chat, but often it is not possible to read it in the middle of a game. I also want to note that if the team is really good then minor mistakes of individual players will not be noticeable.

But to vote kicking players for the fact that he missed Kolto Overload/ED on time. At the same time, trying to get away from the three marauders. UNFAIR.,Then make arenas for beginners...

How can you learn to survive and kill enemy targets in the arena by playing Huttball

In regs you're supposed to pick up on things that will carry over to rank. It's supposed to get you comfortable with your rotation and know how to ad-lib when pressured, among other nuances. You play enough, things become second nature and you also start thinking rock/paper/scissors. The other part of it is gearing. Are you in random 306 mods or did you min/max? There is a good difference in choosing between adept enhancement versus a barrage one or lettered/unlettered.

Also rank has a degree of luck involved when it comes to match making, particularly for tanks & healers. Nothing you can do about that.

Sounds like you were unfairly vote kicked, sorry to hear that happen, especially to anyone willing to learn. I know it feels terrible, but know that you will get over it after a day, just keep playing.

Sadly being 100% focused on objectives MAY allow you to miss out on some learning opportunities, it just depends if you're thinking every scenario as a learning experience. For example, if you are the BC in huttball, did you survive through the first hard stun or did you get globaled? There are abilities that you can still use through stun and sometimes you have to pop a dcd proactively instead of reactive.

Sadly being 100% focused on objectives MAY allow you to miss out on some learning opportunities, it just depends if you're thinking every scenario as a learning experience. For example, if you are the BC in huttball, did you survive through the first hard stun or did you get globaled? There are abilities that you can still use through stun and sometimes you have to pop a dcd proactively instead of reactive.

Sometimes you get like 2-3 tanks and 2 healers on each side and being a BC is a terribly slow crawl to a goal line where only being knocked down from the rails or into a trap can prevent the carrier from scoring because they're virtually impossible to kill otherwise. Arenas are MASSIVELY different to regs@75, especially with all the HB pops (also, most of the arena play doesn't revolve around mezzes and stealthcaps unlike non-HB objective maps).

I can only suggest you queue for mid lvl bracket pvp as more arenas pop there. It will allow you to practice and the majority of players are 65+.

Then try your best to practice what you learn in lvl 75 regs (even 8v8). Eventually you can test it out in Solo ranked.

Maybe see if some of the solo ranked guys will do some kick ball with you in their strong holds and give your some pointers.

I found doing that and dueling with my old pvp guild between reg matches was a good way to learn from the better guys outside of ranked. They are more calm and likely to point things out to help you learn,

Edited by TrixxieTriss