Dear Story Team, What Year Are We Currently In?

Ylliarus

Playing through Onslaught last night something Darth Savik said on Onderon caught my attention. Savik states that we, our PC, struck them down on Corellia and that they haven't engaged in direct combat in a decade. So, we can take "decade" either literally or as a general period of time roughly equal to or greater than ten years. We know that the Battle of Corellia occurred in 3641 BBY (12 ATC). A decade later, if taken literally, would place the year at 3631 BBY (22 ATC). According to the TOR Community timeline only three events occurred in 3631, the Raid on Darvannis, the GEMINI trap, and the Battle of Odessen. These events are Fallen Empire chapters XIV, XV, & XVI respectively. The TOR Community timeline places all of Eternal Throne and the events of the Traitor arc in 3630 BBY (23 ATC). I think that's wrong. I don't think that we should take Savik's "decade" as a literal ten years, at least not from the Battle of Corellia, but it wouldn't make sense for Savik to say a decade if they meant 12 years (which would make the year 3629 BBY (24 ATC)). Savik states that Corellia would have been their tomb if their droids had not found them, so they were clearly quite injured. I think it's reasonable to assume that the decade began after Savik's convalescence. I think the Raid on Darvannis, GEMINI trap, and Battle of Odessen occurred in 3632 BBY (21 ATC) along with the rest of Fallen Empire, and that Eternal Throne and the Traitor arc all occur in 3631 BBY (22 ATC), which places the current year at 3630 BBY (23 ATC) 11 years after the Battle of Corellia and roughly a decade after Darth Savik recovered from their injuries.

Something else that stuck out. Kira states that the transport that they placed Satele on was set to travel a course in the outer rim that put it weeks away from civilization. Kira also says that it will take a while for the transport to come into range. So I clearly underestimated the amount of time that has passed between the Meridian Complex Battle and the Task at Hand where Kira and Scourge say the transport is late. Interestingly, Wookieepedia places the Meridian Complex Battle in 3630 BBY (23 ATC).

Of course, this is all still just speculation, an official timeline would be greatly appreciated, and would settle any ambiguity in the timeline.

Playing through Onslaught last night something Darth Savik said on Onderon caught my attention. Savik states that we, our PC, struck them down on Corellia and that they haven't engaged in direct combat in a decade. So, we can take "decade" either literally or as a general period of time roughly equal to or greater than ten years. We know that the Battle of Corellia occurred in 3641 BBY (12 ATC). A decade later, if taken literally, would place the year at 3631 BBY (22 ATC). According to the TOR Community timeline only three events occurred in 3631, the Raid on Darvannis, the GEMINI trap, and the Battle of Odessen. These events are Fallen Empire chapters XIV, XV, & XVI respectively. The TOR Community timeline places all of Eternal Throne and the events of the Traitor arc in 3630 BBY (23 ATC). I think that's wrong. I don't think that we should take Savik's "decade" as a literal ten years, at least not from the Battle of Corellia, but it wouldn't make sense for Savik to say a decade if they meant 12 years (which would make the year 3629 BBY (24 ATC)). Savik states that Corellia would have been their tomb if their droids had not found them, so they were clearly quite injured. I think it's reasonable to assume that the decade began after Savik's convalescence. I think the Raid on Darvannis, GEMINI trap, and Battle of Odessen occurred in 3632 BBY (21 ATC) along with the rest of Fallen Empire, and that Eternal Throne and the Traitor arc all occur in 3631 BBY (22 ATC), which places the current year at 3630 BBY (23 ATC) 11 years after the Battle of Corellia and roughly a decade after Darth Savik recovered from their injuries.

Something else that stuck out. Kira states that the transport that they placed Satele on was set to travel a course in the outer rim that put it weeks away from civilization. Kira also says that it will take a while for the transport to come into range. So I clearly underestimated the amount of time that has passed between the Meridian Complex Battle and the Task at Hand where Kira and Scourge say the transport is late. Interestingly, Wookieepedia places the Meridian Complex Battle in 3630 BBY (23 ATC).

Of course, this is all still just speculation, an official timeline would be greatly appreciated, and would settle any ambiguity in the timeline.

The speculation makes sense and the deduction is sound. But there are the companion conversations which place the Battle of Zakuul (aka chapter 9 of KotET) in 23 ATC. Since Kira and Scourge stated that they destroyed Tenebrae's body concurrently with the destruction of Valkorion's spirit. So, that happened in 23 ATC as well. Kira then states they fell into a coma for more than a year, which would place her return in the finale of Onslaught to occur in 24 ATC.

As to Wookieepedia, the site itself adds to the confusion. As for example, it has an entire page on 24 ATC and places all the events of Onslaught in that year. This is the Wookieepedia page on 24 ATC.

So as to what Savik says, my feeling tells me we have to take her "decade" with a plus minus range of 2 to 3 years. After all, we have to take what she says with a grain of salt, as it's highly subjective. Nonetheless, you did make a very good point and you made a great deduction. It's a pity though that it's only speculation, as it would have made a great official explanation!

Which again returns me to the point I made in the OP: there is a lot of speculation and confusion going on regarding the timeline, even on Wookieepedia xD it would be incredibly nice if the story team or Mr. Boyd came forward to inform us what the actual year is and how the timeline looks like :)

Edited by Ylliarus

The speculation makes sense and the deduction is sound. But there are the companion conversations which place the Battle of Zakuul (aka chapter 9 of KotET) in 23 ATC. Since Kira and Scourge stated that they destroyed Tenebrae's body concurrently with the destruction of Valkorion's spirit. So, that happened in 23 ATC as well. Kira then states they fell into a coma for more than a year, which would place her return in the finale of Onslaught to occur in 24 ATC.

As to Wookieepedia, the site itself adds to the confusion. As for example, it has an entire page on 24 ATC and places all the events of Onslaught in that year. This is the Wookieepedia page on 24 ATC.

So as to what Savik says, my feeling tells me we have to take her "decade" with a plus minus range of 2 to 3 years. After all, we have to take what she says with a grain of salt, as it's highly subjective. Nonetheless, you did make a very good point and you made a great deduction. It's a pity though that it's only speculation, as it would have made a great official explanation!

Which again returns me to the point I made in the OP: there is a lot of speculation and confusion going on regarding the timeline, even on Wookieepedia xD it would be incredibly nice if the story team or Mr. Boyd came forward to inform us what the actual year is and how the timeline looks like :)

Sigh... Yeah, that line from Kira really mucks up things. More than a year is an indeterminate amount of time, which really tosses any speculation of the timeline out the window, with the baby, the bathwater, and the whole wash basin.

Okay, so Kira and Scourge do their thing with Tenebrae's body at the same time we're doing our thing with Tenebrae's spirit. Then they spend "more than a year" in a coma before Satele finds them. Then they show up on Odessan after Hearts and Minds, which is after Ossus. That means that all of Iokath, Umbara, Copero, Nathema, Ossus, Dantooine, and Hearts and Minds takes between an entire year to a year and 367 days. If it had been 368 days then that would have been two years and I'd hope Kira would have said two years in that case, but probably not. Even if we assume standard rounding, thus 1-1.49 years is "more than a year," and 1.5-2 years is "almost two years," that still leaves a whole lot of wiggle room and could still (quite likely) put us in 3628 BBY (25 ATC). Remember, that "more than a year" can't include anything from Onslaught because they showed up on Odessan before Onslaught.

At this point the timeline is as tangled as the Giant Spaghetti Monster.

Edited by ceryxp

There's one more thing to take into account while calculating the particular timeline with Kira and Scourge : we see Satele at the end of "The Nathema Conspiracy" (if leaving Theron to die), which would place her finding Kira and Scourge after Nathema.

If we go by rl time, there's a whole year between the end of KOTET and Copero + 6 month between Copero and Nathema, which would place Satele finding K&S roughly a year and a half after Tenebrae's death. They would then have spend more than 1 year but less than 2 in their coma.

We know they spend more than 1 year in coma, but not how much time passed between them being found by Satele and them popping up on Odessen during the short "Mysterious observers" story bit.

For all we know another year could've passed between these 2 events without changing what Kira said.

So, i still think that rl time seems pretty plausible as also being the ig time.

But i'd still also like to have an official word about that, as we still are all speculating

Edited by Goreshaga

Sigh... Yeah, that line from Kira really mucks up things. More than a year is an indeterminate amount of time, which really tosses any speculation of the timeline out the window, with the baby, the bathwater, and the whole wash basin.

I think it also sort of rips out the bathroom itself and throws it right after the baby xD

Okay, so Kira and Scourge do their thing with Tenebrae's body at the same time we're doing our thing with Tenebrae's spirit. Then they spend "more than a year" in a coma before Satele finds them. Then they show up on Odessan after Hearts and Minds, which is after Ossus. That means that all of Iokath, Umbara, Copero, Nathema, Ossus, Dantooine, and Hearts and Minds takes between an entire year to a year and 367 days. If it had been 368 days then that would have been two years and I'd hope Kira would have said two years in that case, but probably not. Even if we assume standard rounding, thus 1-1.49 years is "more than a year," and 1.5-2 years is "almost two years," that still leaves a whole lot of wiggle room and could still (quite likely) put us in 3628 BBY (25 ATC). Remember, that "more than a year" can't include anything from Onslaught because they showed up on Odessan before Onslaught.

I think your supposition is quite sound. I'd only add that, if Kira meant between 1.35-1.49 years she'd have said "nearly a year and a half", or so I think. It's of course speculation, but because she said "more than a year", I'd place it between 1-1.34 years.

At this point the timeline is as tangled as the Giant Spaghetti Monster.

Which is exactly why a post from Charles Boyd or someone else from the story team would really help! However, I have no idea what to do to bring this thread to their attention. I tried to get Charles Boyd's attention over Twitter the entire last week, but sadly no luck there :(

There's one more thing to take into account while calculating the particular timeline with Kira and Scourge : we see Satele at the end of "The Nathema Conspiracy" (if leaving Theron to die), which would place her finding Kira and Scourge after Nathema.

If we go by rl time, there's a whole year between the end of KOTET and Copero + 6 month between Copero and Nathema, which would place Satele finding K&S roughly a year and a half after Tenebrae's death. They would then have spend more than 1 year but less than 2 in their coma.

We know they spend more than 1 year in coma, but not how much time passed between them being found by Satele and them popping up on Odessen during the short "Mysterious observers" story bit.

For all we know another year could've passed between these 2 events without changing what Kira said.

So, i still think that rl time seems pretty plausible as also being the ig time.

But i'd still also like to have an official word about that, as we still are all speculating

I understand where you are going, yet there is one important flaw in what you say:

Kira and Scourge tell us that they destroy Vitiate's original body at the same time as we destroy his spirit in chapter 9 of KotET. We can assume that the plague his original body released threw them into a coma fairly soon thereafter, at most there was a few days before they succumbed to it. So the "more than a year" they spent in that coma happens directly after the events of KotET, not after a year or so as you stated in your speculation.

Still, as you say, it's all based on speculation. So, an answer from the story team or Charles Boyd would clear up any confusion that's left :)

Edited by Ylliarus

I understand where you are going, yet there is one important flaw in what you say:

Kira and Scourge tell us that they destroy Vitiate's original body at the same time as we destroy his spirit in chapter 9 of KotET. We can assume that the plague his original body released threw them into a coma fairly soon thereafter, at most there was a few days before they succumbed to it. So the "more than a year" they spent in that coma happens directly after the events of KotET, not after a year or so as you stated in your speculation.

Still, as you say, it's all based on speculation. So, an answer from the story team or Charles Boyd would clear up any confusion that's left :)

Maybe i didn't express myself quite clearly, which is entirely possible as english is not my language, but what i wanted to say is that between the end of KOTET which is when we deal with Tenebrae's mind while K&S deal with his body and subsequently end up in their coma and Nathema Conspiracy, which is when we last saw Satele, there is an IRL time gap of roughly 1 year and a half, which is also a possibility for the IG time gap between these 2 events as it fits the "more than 1 year in a coma" part.

So in this instance, the RL time and IG time seem pretty close to one another.

The only sure thing is that Satele succumbed to Tenebrae's plague thingy as soon as K&S were found, so she very clearly can't find them before the end of the Nathema Conspiracy, otherwise she couldn't be seen for people leaving Theron on Nathema (and i doubt the timeline if different for people who kept him alive)

On the other hand we have no idea of the IG time gap between the moment Satele found K&S and the moment they appeared on Odessen, before we met them at the end of Onslaught. It could be 2 days or it could be 1 year, but it wouldn't change what Kira said about the "more than 1 year" in coma.

(Don't know if i'm being clearer now than i was before, but i really don't know how to express my thoughts on this better)

So i'll go with the "RL time = IG time", at least untill we have an official word on what the official timeline is (which i'd still really like to have BTW, because it'd make things easier for everybody)

RPers tend to study the lore of their favourite universes in detail and I can assure you, I love to gobble up details about Star Wars lore like nothing else :)

It's hard for some to understand, as exemplified by the poster your quoted, but RPers follow the lore as closely as possible and want to stick to the lore as closely as possible in their stories. It's why in-universe lore is so important to them, because RPers know it's not their place to make up lore. That's the right and privilege of those who own, write or create said universe. This is why "simply make something up" is the worst thing you can tell an RPer, because that's not how RP works. Not at all.

The addition is highly appreciated! :D

Some do some don't.

I did SW RP for 27 years. Never once was time/year/date important to our group. All we said was an era so during the rebellion, during the old Republic and so on. Don't assume very RP'er plays the same as you do.

Some do some don't.

I did SW RP for 27 years. Never once was time/year/date important to our group. All we said was an era so during the rebellion, during the old Republic and so on. Don't assume very RP'er plays the same as you do.

I am not basing it off of how I play. I ask this question on behalf of the Darth Malgus RP community, a community with more than a thousand players. We discussed the issue in a community related Discord server with 450+ members (all of whom are part of the Darth Malgus RP community) and since I had been in contact with Charles Boyd over Twitter in the past, I volunteered to get an answer on the question. This is not my personal fancy, but this is a question that has been discussed within the Darth Malgus RP community and players stated they would like an answer. And so, the way of roleplaying I describe in the OP is the only accepted way of RPing within the Darth Malgus RP community I described and linked to. We even have a RP etiquette that everyone is expect to follow.

When I speak of RPers, I refer to that community, the community I am a part of. Sure, those 1000+ players are not all the RPers on SWTOR, but it is still a significant number of players. I get that your RP might be somewhat different than ours and that you are happy to keep things vague, but the Darth Malgus RP community I speak of wants to stick as closely to lore as possible and actually really wants clarity regarding such matters. It's why I have been asking a lot of lore questions to Charles Boyd over Twitter, to help gain clarity regarding the lore of the game. A lot of those questions were sent to me by other players, because for some reason my tweets to Charles Boyd often got replies. I maintain a thread on the Darth Malgus RP Enjin forums I linked to before with all the answers. The clarification of the lore had always been appreciated by this RP community.

Edited by Ylliarus

Maybe i didn't express myself quite clearly, which is entirely possible as english is not my language, but what i wanted to say is that between the end of KOTET which is when we deal with Tenebrae's mind while K&S deal with his body and subsequently end up in their coma and Nathema Conspiracy, which is when we last saw Satele, there is an IRL time gap of roughly 1 year and a half, which is also a possibility for the IG time gap between these 2 events as it fits the "more than 1 year in a coma" part.

So in this instance, the RL time and IG time seem pretty close to one another.

The only sure thing is that Satele succumbed to Tenebrae's plague thingy as soon as K&S were found, so she very clearly can't find them before the end of the Nathema Conspiracy, otherwise she couldn't be seen for people leaving Theron on Nathema (and i doubt the timeline if different for people who kept him alive)

On the other hand we have no idea of the IG time gap between the moment Satele found K&S and the moment they appeared on Odessen, before we met them at the end of Onslaught. It could be 2 days or it could be 1 year, but it wouldn't change what Kira said about the "more than 1 year" in coma.

(Don't know if i'm being clearer now than i was before, but i really don't know how to express my thoughts on this better)

So i'll go with the "RL time = IG time", at least untill we have an official word on what the official timeline is (which i'd still really like to have BTW, because it'd make things easier for everybody)

I see where you are getting it and I was about to agree that you made a good point, but now I remembered something that actually may prove that Kira and Scourge wake up from their coma shortly before their arrival to Odessen in Hearts and Minds! :D

You remember about the State of the Galaxy post written by Charles Boyd? It was released just prior to the release of Jedi Under Siege, so we know that all that is written there is true right before the start of the Ossus storyline. The article is written as an in-universe piece by Lana Beniko, so we can assume all that is said there is part of the actual lore of the game. This is what the article says about Satele Shan just before the events of Jedi Under Siege:

"The most likely individual to be involved in renewed Jedi leadership, Satele Shan, appears to no longer have any connection to the order’s operations. Rumors suggest that she has begun to train her own crop of students in a hidden academy on Coruscant, but our agents were unable to confirm or disprove these rumors." - State of the Galaxy, 11.30.2018

Of course, these are still rumours and it might be that by the time of Jedi Under Siege they are old rumours. However, as this article was written to give us information about the state of the galaxy right before Jedi Under Siege, I think it is safe to assume that the bit about Satele Shan is meant as it was written and that during the Ossus storyline, she is still training her crop of students on Coruscant.

Now, I also went to Youtube and pulled up a video of Kira and Scourge returning right after the Battle of Corellia in Onslaught. To try to find and answer that fits the quoted bit above, I will try to dissect the most relevant bits:

"As we later learned, we destroyed his first body just as you purged the last vestige of his twisted spirit from your mind." -

So, this confirms what we already knew. At the same time as our characters are destroying Valkorion's spirit, Kira and Scourge manage to destroy his original body.

"That is when his final weapon was unleashed. A Sith ritual, carved into his very flesh, unleashed an ancient plague from every molecule of his decaying corpse." -

The moment Kira and Scourge destroy Tenebrae's original body, the plague is released. So, we know that in between the destruction of his body and the release of the plague, only seconds must have passed.

"We were both knocked out cold. Comatose for... more than a year. Satele Shan was the one who eventually pulled us out of that nightmare... and started a new one." -

So, akin to how the Outlander is knocked out cold when Valkorion's body "explodes" at the end of Chapter 1 of KotFE, I believe it is safe to assume a similar thing happened right after Kira and Scourge destroyed Tenebrae's original body. That means that from this moment on, so at exactly the same time Valkorion's spirit is destroyed within the Commander's mind, the clock of "comatose for more than a year" starts running.

This is where it starts getting interesting, as it means that by the start of Jedi Under Siege, Satele Shan is still rumoured to be on Coruscant. This implies that the time that passed between Chapter 9 of KotET and the start of Jedi Under Siege can't be more than a year, but either is exactly a year or little less than a year. Personally, I'd like to think that it was almost exactly a year between Chapter 9 of KotET and Jedi Under Siege. I will explain why.

"But Satele had no such protection. Nor did any of her followers. Within days, they were all laid low, trapped in nightmarish slumber. In helping us... they unknowingly doomed themselves." -

So, Satele Shan arrives with her students to help Kira and Scourge. The latter two awaken, but a few days therafter Satele and her followers succumb to the Sith plague. This quite explicitly tells us that between the awakening of Kira and Scourge and the collapse of Satele and her followers is a few days, so 2 to 3 days. However, there is one important thing to note here. We are told that Satele arrives with a group of students/followers. This aligns with what was previously said about Satele Shan on Coruscant, where it was said she had gone to train a new group of students and followers. So, at this point, the passage of time has been "more than a year" since the ending of KotET Chapter 9.

If we take the previous assumption that the time between KotET Chapter 9 and Jedi Under Siege was a year or little less than a year (because that would fit with Satele still being on Coruscant training her students/followers), that means that a few months later, Satele and her students found Kira and Scourge and helped them wake up. This would align with Kira's claim that they were comatose for more than a year. In my head, that sounds as if she is saying something like "a year and three to four months". As if it was actually closer to a year and six months, she might have said "We were comatose for... almost a year and a half".

"The infection is worsening. There is a darkness growing among the afflicted." -

"We can feel their minds connecting... communicating. We're afraid that they might be... merging somehow." -

Now, this is of course the area of speculation, but hearing this it sounds like it is fairly urgent, as it this is happening right now. Kira and Scourge were immune to the effect of the plague, but Satele and her followers weren't. The way Kira and Scourge describe it sounds like the worsening of the infection started happening not too long after Satele and her students succumbed to the Sith plague.

I feel that Scourge and Kira wouldn't have waited an extended period of time before trying to find help in combating the Sith ritual and save Satele and her followers. So, at most, I'd argue that the period of time between Kira and Scourge awakening from their coma and them leaving to find the Commander, was no more than a few weeks. I think this because the matter sounds urgent and it also sounds as if the Sith plague is only in its early stages. Therefore, I think an estimate of 2 to 3 weeks between waking up and arriving on Odessen seems like a reasonable estimate. As I don't think Kira and Scourge would wait any longer than that, before trying to find help. Then the period between Hearts and Minds and Onslaught might have been a few weeks in-universe as well, or at most a month.

"Send the signal. If what you say is true... this thing could be getting stronger by the minute." -

This line seems to confirm what I was just saying, that I don't believe Kira and Scourge would wait extended periods of time before trying to find the Commander and enlist their help. As such, it seems to confirm the idea that between Kira & Scourge waking up and them finding the Commander on Odessen, about 2 - 4 weeks have passed.

Afterwards, you get to talk to Kira and Scourge separately if you are a Jedi Knight. First, you talk to Scourge and he reveals that he is feeling emotions again. If you pick the option "It's called friendship" from you dialogue wheel, Scourge says this line:

"It will take some getting used to. But I am already beginning to like it." -

This seems to suggest that between waking up from his coma and reaching this point, Scourge hasn't had much time to get used to having his emotions back. Especially since he says he is beginning to like it. Now, if a period longer than a year would have passed, he would have had more control over his emotions and it wouldn't appear as fresh. Because Scourge could only start feeling his emotions again after he woke up from the coma. This continues to suggest that the time that passed between Scourge and Kira waking up and the ending of Onslaught, took about 2 - 4 weeks.

"Nice digs. Sure beats where Scourge and I stayed for the last few years." -

Now, this might seem to disprove my supposition that the time between Kira and Scourge waking up and the finale of Onslaught has been 2 - 4 weeks. However, this line could be taken a different way as well:

1. Kira references the place where she and Scourge found Tenebrae's body. I can imagine it would be anything but nice, yet it would be odd if she spoke about it as "last few years' instead of "for more than a year".

As such, there is another explanation:

2. Kira and Scourge are freshly awakened from their coma. To them, "last few years" wouldn't mean the time after they woke up from their coma, but the years preceding the event that knocked them out cold. As such, it is more likely Kira is referencing the years spent prior to chapter 9 of KotET, when they were looking for Tenebrae's original body. Especially as right after that quote line, Kira speaks of the events preceding the destruction of Tenebrae's body, most likely not the time after that.

So, in conclusion... My speculation is that when Kira says they have been comatose for more than a year, she references that timespan in light of the present. Because, if 2 - 4 weeks passed between them waking up and finding the Commander, then that would also means that the timespan between chapter 9 of KotET and the events of Onslaught is also more than a year. Especially if you take into account what the State of the Galaxy post says about Satele being on Coruscant, just prior to the events of Jedi Under Siege.

As such, I'd argue that at most, a year and a half have passed between the Battle of Zakuul in Chapter 9 of KotET and epilogue of Onslaught, after the Battle of Corellia.

I realise my last post is rather lengthy, oops :D

So, TLDR: the latest State of the Galaxy article states that Satele Shan is rumoured to be on Coruscant training students, just prior to the events of Jedi Under Siege. This means that the content between KotET chapter 9 and Jedi Under Siege happened during the span of a year or a little less than a year, as Kira and Scourge awaken after Satele finds them. Furthermore, the reunion cutscenes with Kira and Scourge seem to strongly suggest that the period between both of them waking up from their coma and finding the Commander, was between 2 - 4 weeks. As such, I believe it is likely that - at most - the events of Onslaught happen roughly a year and a half after the ending of chapter 9 of KotET.

Edited by Ylliarus

there is a few things i am seeing that nobody is even mentioning. 1st being that they talked like the battle of coruscant was like 12-15 yrs before the start of the game. makes sense when you consider Satele, Orgus Din, Nomen Karr, Baras, wylen, lachris, angral and vengean ages. they are all around about 37-50 range by the time the game officially starts. during the battle of coruscant satele was around the age of 18-22ish. 2nd thing being the knight and sith warrior are probably the oldest of all the classes because of the various yr skips within the original class stories they mention skips of time being in yrs never mentioned how many yrs were being skipped in that amount of time. meaning that scourge had left as wrath a ways before the hand seeks out the sith warrior. yes chapter 2/act 2 of the class storylines are skipping yrs for the knight and warrior. 2 storylines that directly correlate with each other. ilum was suppose to take place 6 months to a yr after the events of the class stories. i dont think its mention how much time has skipped between ilum and makeb i am assuming around 7months to 2yrs. after that cz-198 and oricon, oricon seemed to be a ways after makeb not exactly sure it could be 6 months, 7-8months, a yr or 2. prelude to shadow of revan time skips again unclear at how much time skipped at that point but its not as much as the 5 yr time skip. its suppose to months after prelude that shadow of revan actually takes place with the various planets of rishii, yavin and ziost having a 3-6 month time skip a piece due to mobilizing forces. after that then the initial story of kotfe takes place where you board marr's flagship that is months after the events of ziost all before that 5 yr time skip. after the 5 yr skip the then comes the next chapters of kotfe being within days or weeks apart of each other basically leading into the founding of odessen as the alliance base. odessen is built up in the matter of months because arcann is getting frustrated at that point the outlander has disappeared from all known worlds. then each chapter from there are out in kotfe seems to be like like 2-3 month increments. after that kotet starts i would assume that the entire chapter line takes place in around 5-9 month span probably closer to 5. iokath return and traitor arc starts then thats another few months after the events of claiming/dissolving the empire of zakuul. ossus takes place it seems like a yr after the traitor arc it seemed like everything was back to business as usual with the alliance. the time jump from ossus and the battle with transport cruiser/start of onderon seems to be unclear amount of months after ossus. i would say everything that has taken place in onslaught so far is within a course of 5 months.

Character age is around late 30 (probably around 37ish) to probably early 50s at this particular point in time. 50s is pushing it because it had to be stated for the knight and warrior class storylines. most of the others maybe closer to 37 trooper i am not sure about maybe around 40ish. yes our characters are actually that old so far in the storylines.

Most of the game's timeline is firmly established with the exact year known for various events. This comes from both in-game lore as well as lore from secondary material such as books and comics. The Sacking of Coruscant and the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant are events that occurred at roughly the same time. The Empire sacked Coruscant while the delegations were on Alderaan for the Peace Conference. Years in this era are mainly notated with three notations, BBY, ATC, and BTC. BBY means "Before Battle of Yavin" and places these events in time relative to the Battle of Yavin in Episode 4. ATC means "After Treaty of Coruscant" and places these events in time as occurring after the Treaty of Coruscant (ATC is equivalent to CE or AD on our calendar). BTC means "Before Treaty of Coruscant" and places those events in time before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC is equivalent to BCE or BC on our own calendar).

The Sacking of Coruscant, the Alderaan Peace Conference, and the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant all occurred in 3653 BBY || 0 BTC/ATC (it's 0 BTC/ATC because this is when the BTC/ATC notation begins). For clarity and ease I am only going to use the BTC and ATC notation henceforth.

The game starts in the year 10 ATC. It is well documented that the game starts 10 years after the Sacking of Coruscant and the signing of the Treaty. For reference, since you mention them, Satele Shan was born in 46 BTC. Since BTC and ATC are years before or after the Treaty of Coruscant we can easily see that Satele was 46 during those events that surround the Treaty. That would make Satele 48 when they discovered Tython in 2 ATC, and 56 at the start of the game in 10 ATC. Darth Baras was born in 45 BTC. There are no known birth years for the others that you mentions, but a few others you may find interesting. Darth Marr was born in 49 BTC, and Darth Malgus in 48 BTC. That makes both of them older than Satele and, at the current supposed in-game year, 24~25 ATC, makes Satele 70~71 and Malgus 72~73. Pretty spry for an old guy.

The dev's have stated, and this is supported by lore, that the three chapters of the class stories each take one year. Thus, Chapter 1 is in 10 ATC, Chapter 2 in 11 ATC, and Chapter 3 in 12 ATC. The Battle of Ilum, which occurs shortly after the end of Chapter 3, also occurs in 12 ATC, as does the Battle for Black Hole on Corellia, as well. As noted in in-game lore Rise of the Hutt Cartel occurred in 13 ATC, the events that preceded the Shadow of Revan expansion occurred in 15 ATC, and SoR occurred in 16 ATC. Knights of the Fallen Empire starts in 16 ATC, but this is when our character is placed in carbonite stasis and there is a five year time jump to when we are awoken and the events of Fallen Empire really kick off in 21 ATC. All of this is documented on various sites such as Wookieepedie, this era is known as the Inter-Sith Wars period, and a more concatenated timeline is presented on TOR Community.

There is no canonical age for our Player Character. The age of the PC is intentionally left vague. There is some indication that the Smuggler is a little older, as they are already captain of their own ship at the start of their story, but even then there is no definitive indication of the character's age. This was done for role play purposes. It allows us to decide how old or young our character is. For example, my main character, a Sage, inferred by in-game dialog and lore to have a remarkably strong connection to the Force and is extremely wise for one so young, was born in 6 BTC. That means they were 16 at the start of the story in 10 ATC, and 22 when placed into carbonite stasis in 16 ATC. There are indications that a person does not age while in carbonite, as noted in the Smuggler story, thus making my character, if the year is 24~25 ATC, 25~26 biological years old but 30~31 chronological years old. There is nothing canonical that says how old the Consular is, but dialog and lore imply that the character is young and considered a prodigy.

Most of the game's timeline is firmly established with the exact year known for various events. This comes from both in-game lore as well as lore from secondary material such as books and comics. The Sacking of Coruscant and the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant are events that occurred at roughly the same time. The Empire sacked Coruscant while the delegations were on Alderaan for the Peace Conference. Years in this era are mainly notated with three notations, BBY, ATC, and BTC. BBY means "Before Battle of Yavin" and places these events in time relative to the Battle of Yavin in Episode 4. ATC means "After Treaty of Coruscant" and places these events in time as occurring after the Treaty of Coruscant (ATC is equivalent to CE or AD on our calendar). BTC means "Before Treaty of Coruscant" and places those events in time before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC is equivalent to BCE or BC on our own calendar).

The Sacking of Coruscant, the Alderaan Peace Conference, and the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant all occurred in 3653 BBY || 0 BTC/ATC (it's 0 BTC/ATC because this is when the BTC/ATC notation begins). For clarity and ease I am only going to use the BTC and ATC notation henceforth.

The game starts in the year 10 ATC. It is well documented that the game starts 10 years after the Sacking of Coruscant and the signing of the Treaty.

All of this is known, yes. These dates can be found in various lore sources, such as the SWTOR Encyclopedia that comes along in the Collector's Edition, which I frequently read and make use of. As such, this is not part of thread's subject. The thread is asking about the current, in-universe year.

All of this is documented on various sites such as Wookieepedie, this era is known as the Inter-Sith Wars period, and a more concatenated timeline is presented on TOR Community.

Wookieepedia and the other sites give a solid estimate regarding the current in-universe year. However, Wookieepedia gives contradicting information. For example, it lists the Missions to Onderon and Mek-Sha occuring in 23 ATC on one page and in 24 ATC on another. The same goes for the Battle of Corellia within the Onslaught expansions. Wookieepedia also states in the notes that the dates are based on speculation. Speculation is not good enough as it can lead to variations in lore interpretation. That is why a lot of players would want an official answer as to the current in-universe year, so as to clear up the confusion and contradicting estimates as to whether it's 23 ATC, 24 ATC or even 25 or 26 ATC.

There is no canonical age for our Player Character. The age of the PC is intentionally left vague.

That is not the subject of this thread nor the main question that is being asked. The exact ages of all the classes is not the relevant issue here, the relevant issue is the in-universe year the most recent story updates occurred in.

Edited by Ylliarus

All of this is known, yes... That is not the subject of this thread nor the main question that is being asked. The exact ages of all the classes is not the relevant issue here, the relevant issue is the in-universe year the most recent story updates occurred in.

I was responding to the post directly above mine and addressing the points that that person made.

I was responding to the post directly above mine and addressing the points that that person made.

was responding to the fact with the strike force that attack the emperor in the space station it was suppose to be yrs of service to the emperor you were under and with that it also puts the timeline for the emperor replacing scourge the wrath back a bit further than people expect. its more than a yr or that the knight is under the mind control of the emperor. they break free for long while. all of which the rest of the strike force is hitting targets for the emperor while the emperor makes sure you are under his control.

some of the storylines i can agree do take place within a yr but the sith warrior and jedi knight storylines contradict the dates that they have been stated to be. even when the knight returns to the order its stated as it has been a long time they didnt know if the player was ever going to return to the jedi. dates maybe established by their own timelines contradicts a lot of it with some of the classes

was responding to the fact with the strike force that attack the emperor in the space station it was suppose to be yrs of service to the emperor you were under and with that it also puts the timeline for the emperor replacing scourge the wrath back a bit further than people expect. its more than a yr or that the knight is under the mind control of the emperor. they break free for long while. all of which the rest of the strike force is hitting targets for the emperor while the emperor makes sure you are under his control.

some of the storylines i can agree do take place within a yr but the sith warrior and jedi knight storylines contradict the dates that they have been stated to be. even when the knight returns to the order its stated as it has been a long time they didnt know if the player was ever going to return to the jedi. dates maybe established by their own timelines contradicts a lot of it with some of the classes

It is never said they've been missing for years, and anyways the others have been missing longer than the JK.

Chapter 2 is pretty short too, so the JK may very well have been under Vitiate's influence for 6-10 month, enough to be considered quite a long time without any news about the character, but considering Vitiate was not fully in control, that's probably not longer than that.

And the dates for the class stories are official, so whether you think it's weird or not, the class stories happen between 10 and 12 ATC from the prologues to Ilum.

And it is impossible for the JK's story to start too long before the JC as both arrive when the Flesh Raiders are attacking the Gnarls. JK arrives very briefly before while JCs arrive when it's just started, so there are no more than a few minutes between the 2 arriving on Tython.

Then, you also have the fact Thanathon's still alive when the Warrior confronts Baras, indicating the Warrior went there first.

No matter how you want to look at it, all the class stories happen during the same time frame.

As for their age, there are several comments from NPCs for SW, JC and JK hinting they're pretty young and exceptionnaly skilled for their age.

No matter how you want to look at it, all the class stories happen during the same time frame.

Yes, this. I have never seen anything in the class stories - and I replay the class stories a lot - that seems to suggest the stories don't happen at the same time. Sure, there may be a few days or hours inbetween each, but it's evident that every class story happens at the same time as all the others. If they didn't happen at the same time, this would clash with the planetary missions or exploration missions, which often tie in with what is happening in the class stories. Or at least, mention it. That is the clearest indication that all the class stories happen at roughly the same time.

Yes, this. I have never seen anything in the class stories - and I replay the class stories a lot - that seems to suggest the stories don't happen at the same time. Sure, there may be a few days or hours inbetween each, but it's evident that every class story happens at the same time as all the others. If they didn't happen at the same time, this would clash with the planetary missions or exploration missions, which often tie in with what is happening in the class stories. Or at least, mention it. That is the clearest indication that all the class stories happen at roughly the same time.

Yup.

This and there are quite a lot of references to what happens in other class stories while playing another class.

There are references to Watcher 1 being sent to Taris during the IA's stories (somewhere during chapter 1 i think) and the JK meets him there, which indicates both chapters happen at the same time. There are also references to what happened between Angral and the JK, Baras and the SW and Thanaton and the SI near the end of the IA's class story.

You litterally see the smuggler's ship arriving on Ord Mantell during the intro cutscene of the trooper, and Corso references the trooper's walker being shot by the separatists during the smuggler's intro cutscene.

Nem'ro is fighting Fa'athra when both the BH and IA are on Hutta.

And quite a lot of other that don't come to mind right now...

Yup.

This and there are quite a lot of references to what happens in other class stories while playing another class.

There are references to Watcher 1 being sent to Taris during the IA's stories (somewhere during chapter 1 i think) and the JK meets him there, which indicates both chapters happen at the same time. There are also references to what happened between Angral and the JK, Baras and the SW and Thanaton and the SI near the end of the IA's class story.

You litterally see the smuggler's ship arriving on Ord Mantell during the intro cutscene of the trooper, and Corso references the trooper's walker being shot by the separatists during the smuggler's intro cutscene.

Nem'ro is fighting Fa'athra when both the BH and IA are on Hutta.

And quite a lot of other that don't come to mind right now...

Yes, those are the most evident examples! I think you also see the troop transport on Ord Mantell when you arrive as the Smuggler in your ship, so that further proves all the stories happen roughly simultaneously.

Another example is when you go into the Dark Council chamber as the Sith Warrior. You see Darth Thanaton sitting in the background, which implies the Warrior story ending happened just before the Sith Inquisitor's. Likely just minutes or hours prior. It would be fun to think that they happened right after the other, as that would be one hell of a day for the Dark Council XD first one fight in their chamber then another. I could see Marr going like "well, did they put something into the water today?".

Still, we have clarity regarding the timeline and the passage of time there. The same can't be said of the timeline and passage of time with the newest story updates and expansions, such as Onslaught.

So, please, Mr. Boyd or anyone else from the story team, could you come forward with a clarification as to how you see the timeline and what in-universe year you envision the lastest story content to be in? It would be a huge relief and clarification if you could provide us with an answer!

Yes, those are the most evident examples! I think you also see the troop transport on Ord Mantell when you arrive as the Smuggler in your ship, so that further proves all the stories happen roughly simultaneously.

Another example is when you go into the Dark Council chamber as the Sith Warrior. You see Darth Thanaton sitting in the background, which implies the Warrior story ending happened just before the Sith Inquisitor's. Likely just minutes or hours prior. It would be fun to think that they happened right after the other, as that would be one hell of a day for the Dark Council XD first one fight in their chamber then another. I could see Marr going like "well, did they put something into the water today?".

Still, we have clarity regarding the timeline and the passage of time there. The same can't be said of the timeline and passage of time with the newest story updates and expansions, such as Onslaught.

So, please, Mr. Boyd or anyone else from the story team, could you come forward with a clarification as to how you see the timeline and what in-universe year you envision the lastest story content to be in? It would be a huge relief and clarification if you could provide us with an answer!

I was never really able to figure out if the SW takes out Baras just before Thanaton goes to Corellia to fight his Kagath against the SI or if he's waiting trying to look good while being all nervous because he just got back from having his bottom handed to him, and watch another Dark being defeated just before he's himsefl killed.

The latter would be pretty hilarious actually.

I can't remember where i saw it, but someone was drawing some comic style things about their SW and they had Vowrawn holorecord Baras' fight against their SW, and then upload it on the holonet and then he did the same with Thanaton's fight, that was pretty funny, and the way the person depicted Vowrawn was great. And Marr was like "damn, he's doing it again... no one's going to take the Dark Council seriously now..."

And same, i'd really like to have a precise timeline of events, at the very least to know how much time passes between the different story segments.

I was never really able to figure out if the SW takes out Baras just before Thanaton goes to Corellia to fight his Kagath against the SI or if he's waiting trying to look good while being all nervous because he just got back from having his bottom handed to him, and watch another Dark being defeated just before he's himsefl killed.

The latter would be pretty hilarious actually.

I can't remember where i saw it, but someone was drawing some comic style things about their SW and they had Vowrawn holorecord Baras' fight against their SW, and then upload it on the holonet and then he did the same with Thanaton's fight, that was pretty funny, and the way the person depicted Vowrawn was great. And Marr was like "damn, he's doing it again... no one's going to take the Dark Council seriously now..."

And same, i'd really like to have a precise timeline of events, at the very least to know how much time passes between the different story segments.

Yes! I know which comics you are talking about, those are absolutely fantastic! There is also that one about Vitiate spying on the Wrath and Malavai Quinn. Those comics were really hilarious xD

Tbh, whenever I see Darth Thanaton sitting there during the Sith Warrior story I just imagine him being all nervous and anxious because he knows that after the Baras vs Wrath deal is over, he's up next xD

Yes! I know which comics you are talking about, those are absolutely fantastic! There is also that one about Vitiate spying on the Wrath and Malavai Quinn. Those comics were really hilarious xD

Tbh, whenever I see Darth Thanaton sitting there during the Sith Warrior story I just imagine him being all nervous and anxious because he knows that after the Baras vs Wrath deal is over, he's up next xD

Yes, i really enjoyed reading them, but as i don't remember wher i read them, i was not able to find them later. I dont think i've seen the one with Vitiate though.

That's kinda what i imagine too, i just find it really funny to imagine him sweating and waiting for that fight to be over before finally being able to talk about his own problem. And then, when he's finally able to do so, the SI shows up and completely ruin his day.

That's kinda what i imagine too, i just find it really funny to imagine him sweating and waiting for that fight to be over before finally being able to talk about his own problem. And then, when he's finally able to do so, the SI shows up and completely ruin his day.

Unless he felt really smug about himself and couldn't wait for the Wrath-Baras fight to be done. I do wonder though who he would have supported there, Baras or the Wrath.

Edited by Ylliarus

I do wonder though who he would have supported there, Baras or the Wrath.

I suspect that Thanaton would have supported Baras. Thanaton is a "traditionalist" and things must be done certain ways. No doubt Baras, who is also concerned with the right way that things should be done, would have let it be known that the Wrath wasn't doing things the right way. You just can't have apprentices coming into the Dark Council chambers and killing their master, a member of the Dark Council. That's just not how things are done. Of course, Thanaton and Baras are hypocrites because the right way to do things only matters until it applies to them. Then it's "whatever, I do what I want."