Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't Believe the Un-ending Trend Towards Dumbing Down the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't Believe the Un-ending Trend Towards Dumbing Down the Game

TrixxieTriss
12.02.2021 , 05:08 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ralphieceaser View Post
Because the devs are following a design philosophy that treats raiders as special by giving them not only higher gear rating but also moddable gear.
The problem here is the outdated design philosophy of pandering to raiders, something that has dominated games like WoW so we know very well what happens when to philosophy is allowed to spread.

My main hope is that they will see it is a failed and outdated design philosophy and turn back, but only time will tell.
Dude, I’ll be upfront, I’m not a raider, I’m a pvper, so I’ve no skin in this to defend raiders.

Why do you kept harping on and denigrating raiders. BioWare isn’t pandering to them at all. As has been pointed out to you across multiple threads, they aren’t getting anything in 7.0.

Yes, in 7.1 they are getting a new raid and exclusive access to the mods vendor. But the higher irating on the gear doesn’t matter at all for the rest of the game. It’s the fact that they will be able to optimise their stat tables and we won’t be able to that’s the problem here.

So instead of attacking the raider community over and over, why not be constructive instead. Change your rhetoric from raider bashing to trying to get BioWare to add a mods vendor for every gear type in 7.1. They still have time to do that.

If we can get enough of the community, including the raiders to support this, maybe we can put enough pressure on BioWare to actually do it.

But if you keep dividing the player base and going after raiders who’ve ZERO control over BioWares game design, then they won’t help us apply pressure.

Just about everyone else (including raiders) can see the logic for BioWare adding a mods vendor for each gear type in 7.1. Let’s focus on that instead of raider bashing.

LeMage
12.02.2021 , 10:49 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
....If that were true, there'd only be "<3 <3 <3 This is a Theron love thread, haters make your own!!!" threads because 9/10 threads are complaint threads.
It's a bit true. I mentioned something about 7.0 and my sub et voila, it's been deleted.
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-