Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

I actually wanted to make this thread after the NDA dropped, but then I decided I'd wait a bit, till sometime after launch. Well, being Christmas and all, this seems like a good time to post it.

Here's a list of the endings I've done and know of. Spoilers abound, don't click if you don't wanna know.

Neutralish: Imperial Intelligence goes on as normal, you stay on as Cipher Nine.

Basically in this ending, the Minister of Intelligence(aka Keeper during the Prologue-beginning of Chapter 2) uses the Black Codex you get at the end of the game to to blackmail the crap out of the Sith and let them keep Imperial Intelligence going as normal. To get this ending, you have to pretty much be neutral and give the Black Codex to the Minister of Intelligence at the end of the game. THE SITH WILL ASK YOU FOR IT FIRST, DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. You can either lie or straight out say no. If you make too many LS choices, you will piss off the Sith to the point they pretty much don't allow Intelligence to continue as is.

In my opinion, if there would be a canon ending, this is probably it.

Light Side: Defect to the Republic and join the SIS

This ending is pretty much as it describes, you defect and join the SIS

To get this ending, you basically act really nice to Ardun Kothe and his team in Chapter 2. Save Chance's life, put up with the stuff they put you through, and don't snap at him when he uses his brainwashing stuff. At the end of chapter 2, you'll get the option to spare Ardun. Take it. Towards the end of chapter 3, you have to fake your death. Ardun shows up when you do this, again, be nice and explain to him what's going on with the Star Cabal, he'll help you by putting out the word that you're dead. At the end of chapter 3, he'll pop up and reason with you that the Black Codex in the hands of the Empire is a bad thing. If you give him the Black Codex, he'll offer you the option of truly defecting and joining the SIS.

Neutral- leaning Light Side: Imperial Intelligence dissolves, you essentially become a free/rogue agent.

In this ending, the Sith dissolve Intelligence and you use the Black Codex to wipe out all records of yourself and become a free agent to operate in the shadows with the help of the Minister of Intelligence and Keeper.Watcher 2. You basically become Batman of the Empire, free from sanctions, rules and Sith oversight to go around helping the Empire and eliminating threats as you see fit. It's not explicitly stated how you get the resources and free reign to do all this, but most likely the numerous galaxy-shaking secrets of the Black Codex, blackmail and the Minister of Intelligence's connections are involved.

Getting this ending basically involves leaning towards Light Side, not throwing in with Darth Jadus, not joining the SIS and giving the Black Codex to the Minister.

Dark Side- Throw in with Jadus and become his hand/personal assassin.

You become Jadus's right hand and help him reform/control the Empire. This is the ending I personally know the least about, but as far as I know you just have to throw in with him at the end of Chapter 1 and then do as he says.

Dark Side: Intelligence dissolves, you become a military lieutenant/become part of the new Sith intelligence.

I honestly know the least about this ending and have never done it, however as far as I know the gist of it is you become part of the new Sith-led intelligence, where they have complete and total control over what goes on. From what I've seen, getting this ending most likely involves playing nice/obeying orders of the Sith/Dark Council members over the course of the game and giving them the Black Codex at the end.

Anyway, as far as I know, those are all of the possible endings, at least the ones I have done and heard about it. Merry Xmas.

Edited by Stncold

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neutral- leaning Light Side

decided to destroy the box instead of give it to those Sith *****s

This one happened to me, does whatever ending you pick actually make a difference ?

I'm still being called agent by all the quest npc's and everything else also acknowledges me as one.

Yea basically. In all of them it kind of makes sense. In the Cipher Nine/Sith Intelligence endings, you are technically an agent. In the SIS one you are in deep cover pretending to still be a loyal Imperialist, so it make sense for them to call you that. In the Jadus one you are pretty much his right hand, so they would treat you with utmost respect. In the free agent ending, you are still kind of an agent. In fact the Grand Moff on Ilum pretty much outright states that even though Intelligence is gone, he still really respects you, so it makes sense a lot of military officers and some Sith would call you that.

In all honesty though, it's more likely a case of BW not wanting to shell out money for VA's to make differences in how they address you. Being called Agent isn't really unreasonable for all of the endings.

I'm sure that would be under the defect to the Republic ending. As for what comes, we don't know yet. It's the end of this part of the story. We don't know when the next bunch will come out. Probably it will come in an expansion, but it wouldn't surprise me if they release some every few months. Would be a good way to keep people hanging and people would likely resub just to do it.

As for Hunter, you either take the option to kill him(her), and with the other options he(she) kills himself(herself)

Edited by Stncold

You become a defector-in-place for the Republic with the "lightest" light side ending, because you decide the Empire is too corrupt to rule the galaxy. Ardun Kothe tells you that the SIS will contact you when they need you, but to pretend to be a loyal Imperial for now. So all the Empire people basically treat you the same - as was mentioned above, even though Intelligence was dissolved and you are now technically part of the military, the Moffs know about your past role and exploits and they continue to see you as an Agent.

I thought the (former) Minister of Intelligence's role in the ending was interesting. He makes some veiled allusions about the Sith being untrustworthy and dangerous, and in one of the final conversations it seems like he's tacitly encouraging you to defect. He mentions that without the Codex for protection, things will be very dangerous for you both, and he expects to be either exiled or hanged.

Edited by Stillnotking

RE: Stillnotking

Yea pretty much. I don't really think he's encouraging you to defect, just that he does wish you to be able to outright act without SIth interference. For this reason, I think the Free Agent ending is the best one overall. Having done a Guardian and a Commando to 50, I don't really think the Republic is much better off anyway. There are some very corrupt Senators and some Masters that act very un-Jedi like. Just like the Empire has some really cool top-level guys like Keeper/the Minister, the Grand Moff on Ilum, and a few Sith(although most of em are idiots), the Republic has some very dumb/jerkass politicians/Jedi.

Even with all the options I was let down by the ending considering chapter 1 and 2 were nothing less than amazing.

I also thought the buildup was amazing, but the final act kind of fell on its face.

It wasn't bad, it just didn't feel as fluent as the rest of the story.

Even with all the options I was let down by the ending considering chapter 1 and 2 were nothing less than amazing.

I agree completely. It builds up with all this suspense and then is utterly crushed. Chapter 1 ending with Darth Jadus coming back and all, I thought by choosing to side with him, in the end I'd help him become Emperor.

The whole Chapter 3 felt like a let down, the whole time it was just a wild goose chase, trying to find information on the enemy, which they never really found out, from what I understood, it was just an organization of people trying to destroy the Republic and Empire.

It disappointed me by how MANY Cliffhangers were left in the story,

- Rise of Darth Jadus to carry out his plan and become Emperor.

- Whatever happened with Watcher X, he said he didnt care about your condition but only that you would be usefull later on (I had killed him)

- WHO Hunter was actually working for (Since she was undercover in the Star Cabal as well)

- And of Course what would happen next at the ending, but we will find out i assume in an expansion?

There were others but I cant remember them at the time.

Also thought that the organization in Ch. 3 was going to be with Jadus behind it all Again.. Because he was saying at the end of Chapter 1 that even if I had foiled his plans that he would come back with a new one.

Overall.

1. Im let down by the ending

2. Thought it would tie in better with the earlier Chapters.

3. Wish there was a save/load button :(

What bugs me about the ending is that Darth Jadus, Watcher X, Ardun Kothe, etc. probably won't be coming back in future installments, due to the possibility that each of them was killed (depending on player choices). BW sort of painted themselves into a corner on that one. Watcher X may come back somehow; they left that open, at least. I have a feeling that either we didn't kill the real Watcher X, or he put part of his consciousness in the implant.

The big reveal that Hunter is a woman was a letdown. OK, so what? We already knew it was possible after the whole Ghost Cell bit on Tattooine. If Hunter had turned out to be some other character that we'd already met, it might have been more interesting. Just finding out that "he" is a she hasn't been surprising since the ending of Metroid.

And from a gameplay point of view, the final fight vs. Hunter was beyond disappointing. There are mini-bosses on side quests who are much more interesting and challenging, like the Admiral on Ilum who actually uses his class abilities (Cloaking Screen, poisons, etc.), or the Avatar on Voss who uses Sith Sorcerer powers to very nasty effect. If Hunter is supposed to be an operative then she should fight like one, not be just another tank and spank.

Edited by Stillnotking

my only hope is that when continuing the story/future expansions they don't make this ending lock you out of future story paths, so basically everyone starts the next story equally able to choose the different paths.

by the way, I chose dark side in every possibility, let watcher x live and didn't throw in with jadus but got the "free/rogue agent" ending. I was hoping for the cipher 9 ending but apparently something I did locked me out of that.

Edited by Toat

And from a gameplay point of view, the final fight vs. Hunter was beyond disappointing. There are mini-bosses on side quests who are much more interesting and challenging, like the Admiral on Ilum who actually uses his class abilities (Cloaking Screen, poisons, etc.), or the Avatar on Voss who uses Sith Sorcerer powers to very nasty effect. If Hunter is supposed to be an operative then she should fight like one, not be just another tank and spank.

I did the final mission at level 46, so the Hunter fight was a challenge for me, an operator. No tank and spank for me. I ended up just LOSing him and whittling him down since I couldn't heal either SCORPIO or myself fast enough. Died twice, but it was otherwise "easy." Just tedious.

Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention in Chapter 2, but I was under the impression that he was an operative and not a sniper. That kind of caught me by surprise. Anyway, despite the challenge I had, I think I have to agree with you that I thought the fight might be more difficult, especially at my level. I can only imagine how that would have played out if I had been 48 or so.

My ending seemed to be a little vague:

I picked most light side options, didn't join SIS and locked Ardun Kothe in the room, where he was shot by the turrets. I then got the black codex and didn't give it to the sith, then proceeded to beat them. Upon returning to the Minister, he did ask me for the box, to wipe my information, but, I refused even him. Here's a short synopsis of the dialogue:

[Minister]: Give me the Codex, it'll erase your info

[Me]: What about everyone else

[Minister]: If lucky, I might retire, and everyone else will help you in secret, you will work in the shadows. This is the best I can offer

[Me]: I'm sorry, your best isn't enough

[Minister]: Still loyal to the end I see. What's coming is dangerous. If you wish to stay, I wish you well, Cipher, however long that name lasts.

[Me]: However bleak it might seem, we're not finished, I'll make the Empire a better place. Not by fleeing. By doing my duty, no matter what.

[Minister]: Thank you, agent. Dismissed

SO, I don't think I gave him the box, I received no lightside or darkside points fomr the exchange if I recall correctly. Upon getting on my ship, my shipmates ask how it went, and I say "Imperial Intelligence has fallen, but it does not change our duty. We soldier on." Then Keeper (Watcher 2) calls in on holo and this is the ending exchange:

[Keeper]: This is command ship Tenebrous. I thought I'd see you off properly; it might be a while before we do this again.

[Me]: Somehow, I doubt it'll be that long. But, I appreciate the thought.

[Keeper]: We're getting questions from Dromund Kaas, and I was hoping to set the record straight. What's your plan while we sort things out here?

[Me]: For the record? Better not ask. But my people and I will be watching, and you'll hear from us again.

[Keeper]: Understood. Good luck.

So, it KINDA seems like the rogue/shadow agent ending, but it's not really giving me that vibe. It feels like the entire group will do stuff aside from the sith intelligence or something...like our entire intelligence became underground! That's how I like to think of it

wait so for each class there is a diffent ending based on your light side/dark side choices or is it just for certain classes for examlpe

(spoilers)

the trooper ending you kill or capture the imperial general

and in the ending for the sith warrior

(spoilers)

you confront darth baras

is this a imperial agent only thing for does every class have a diffrent option for its ending genraly?

and if so which ones

I agree completely. It builds up with all this suspense and then is utterly crushed. Chapter 1 ending with Darth Jadus coming back and all, I thought by choosing to side with him, in the end I'd help him become Emperor.

The whole Chapter 3 felt like a let down, the whole time it was just a wild goose chase, trying to find information on the enemy, which they never really found out, from what I understood, it was just an organization of people trying to destroy the Republic and Empire.

It disappointed me by how MANY Cliffhangers were left in the story,

- Rise of Darth Jadus to carry out his plan and become Emperor.

- Whatever happened with Watcher X, he said he didnt care about your condition but only that you would be usefull later on (I had killed him)

- WHO Hunter was actually working for (Since she was undercover in the Star Cabal as well)

- And of Course what would happen next at the ending, but we will find out i assume in an expansion?

There were others but I cant remember them at the time.

Also thought that the organization in Ch. 3 was going to be with Jadus behind it all Again.. Because he was saying at the end of Chapter 1 that even if I had foiled his plans that he would come back with a new one.

Overall.

1. Im let down by the ending

2. Thought it would tie in better with the earlier Chapters.

3. Wish there was a save/load button :(

You do understand these complaints are very much like going to see the LOTR and after the first one ends say "wait thats it."

All those open story lines will probably progress as the game does...makes it nice not to tie everything up in a neat little bow in the first part of the game.

This is not ment to be rude but rather allow you to continue to look forward to the future this story may unfold.

the ending is good giving both feeling accomplishment and leaving path open for future content.

However i dont like LS/DS point distrubution along it.

I dont need to take DS everytime however i did not want to take LS points and it felt awkward ... why do i get LS for selfish actions ? i wanted to keep the thing to use it to free myself from orders but ended up with being loyal due to LS points i would need to eat...

Also ealier there are LS forced on you when you want to take non-sith favoring path ...

I think the LS/DS gain should be not visible here and awarded only at the end of the quest.