Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

ninjonxb
07.22.2013 , 11:15 AM | #851
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
If the market were that large - large enough for the revenue for the port to overcome the cost of producing it - they would have already done it.
The hero engine does not support mac. Regardless of any other reasons. This is the most basic reason it does not exist.

darkprophecies
09.04.2014 , 04:16 AM | #852
guys i managed to port the swtor game over to mac without bootcamp or parallels. it does require wine or crossover to work though. heres a tutorial i made about a year ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0F47SnItEI

pLaYaZ
11.18.2014 , 02:53 PM | #853
I don´t play this beautiful game with bootcamp or parallel desktop! I am really angry about the situation, why they don´t offer the people who play this game with mac client! I spend a lot of time in this game and i play it since release! They promise us, that they want to bring it for us! But nothing! i am said about the situation, because they can do it, but they don´t.

Foambreaker
11.18.2014 , 02:58 PM | #854
No, Apples star has reached it's peak, with Jobs gone there is no innovation, the big announcements are not big at all.

Plus people are starting to wake up and realize what a closed system it really is.

It would be crazy to invest millions in a new client.

Tomb-Stone
11.18.2014 , 03:36 PM | #855
I wish they did. I have to play using Parallels on my 12 core Mac.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

TheNahash
11.18.2014 , 04:13 PM | #856
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
No, Apples star has reached it's peak, with Jobs gone there is no innovation, the big announcements are not big at all.

Plus people are starting to wake up and realize what a closed system it really is.

It would be crazy to invest millions in a new client.
lolwut?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Tomb-Stone
11.18.2014 , 06:24 PM | #857
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Just lawl
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Delerium
11.19.2014 , 04:30 AM | #858
Yes, I support anything that makes players happy to play games the way they prefer.

Some of these comments are crazy. What impact would a Mac client have on you Apple doomsayers? How would it impact your game at all? I've never understood this Mac vs Windows, iPhone vs Android etc. debate.
This is my
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
└╢Squadron 14-610╟┘

DarthTHC
11.19.2014 , 07:36 AM | #859
Quote: Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
Yes, I support anything that makes players happy to play games the way they prefer.

Some of these comments are crazy. What impact would a Mac client have on you Apple doomsayers? How would it impact your game at all? I've never understood this Mac vs Windows, iPhone vs Android etc. debate.
The impact it would have is a lot of developer hours burned to produce ZERO new content and features, and all to support a platform that's already workable if the player wants to make it work.

Stated more exactly, burning a ton of developer hours for a net zero benefit is not good for the game.

JediQuaker
11.19.2014 , 09:30 AM | #860
There are more Xbox gamers than Mac gamers. So, they should port the game to Xbox1, PS4, and Wii U before they do a Mac version. Followed by an Android version.

P.s. (this is sarcasm)
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..