Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFE Story and Companions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aries_cz
06.18.2015 , 07:04 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Amadahy View Post
Someone will be pissed no matter what they do. It's all part of gaming.

Dragon Age 2 was a cluster of stupid because it was rushed out. To this day, I still can't finish that game. Even when I'm attemping my Dragon Age: Origins/DA 2/Inquisition play through of all three I can't finish it.

I'm hoping a lot of our companions are turned into romances. I have been waiting, WAITING, for my poor Warrior to FINALLY be with Pierce! And not in a fan fic but officially!
Just wondering, why can't you finish DA2? I personally did not mind the epilogue that much (yes, harvester fight is dumb as hell, but that I can forgive), so I am curious.

Also, pretty sure you can have at least one night stand with Pierce. So that could be evolved into full romance.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

AetherShanty
06.18.2015 , 07:14 AM | #142
Someone will be pissed no matter what they do. It's all part of gaming.

Dragon Age 2 was a cluster of stupid because it was rushed out. To this day, I still can't finish that game. Even when I'm attemping my Dragon Age: Origins/DA 2/Inquisition play through of all three I can't finish it.

I'm hoping a lot of our companions are turned into romances. I have been waiting, WAITING, for my poor Warrior to FINALLY be with Pierce! And not in a fan fic but officially!
I'd sell my left kidney for a Zenith romance...still.
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

TheSeventhJedi
06.18.2015 , 07:21 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
[color=#f9d648][*]Companions: there’s a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and we’re not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.
Okay, so are you saying that I should pretty much quit doing the Yavin dailies to gear up my companions? It sounds an awful lot like our old companions are going to make cameos, but overall they won't stick around much.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

t-darko
06.18.2015 , 07:22 AM | #144
Good post, perfect actually!! Welcome back Team, is this a good time to say that I miss the monthly small video update info thingys?
And Yes, sorry for posting that video, you know which . . .

Keep it up, don't lose altitude

Amadahy
06.18.2015 , 07:27 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Just wondering, why can't you finish DA2? I personally did not mind the epilogue that much (yes, harvester fight is dumb as hell, but that I can forgive), so I am curious.

Also, pretty sure you can have at least one night stand with Pierce. So that could be evolved into full romance.
Honestly, when it comes to DA2 after a certain point I hit the wall of boredom. It's like, Oh a new dungeon YA...oh look I've been here before. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the story (love Fenris, Isabella and Varric though), or the character of Hawke. (despite worshiping the ground Jo Wyatt walks on) I try HARD to love them but I can't.

You do get a one-nighter with Pierce, and based on the information we were given I am hopeful. I have been waiting three years for even the slightest bit of hope for a Pierce romance.
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands

Amadahy
06.18.2015 , 07:28 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherShanty View Post
I'd sell my left kidney for a Zenith romance...still.
Same!! My poor Sage is still glancing across her ship, wondering what if! Well, more like, "whhhhhhhhhhhy!!"
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands

Aries_cz
06.18.2015 , 08:12 AM | #147
Honestly, when it comes to DA2 after a certain point I hit the wall of boredom. It's like, Oh a new dungeon YA...oh look I've been here before. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the story (love Fenris, Isabella and Varric though), or the character of Hawke. (despite worshiping the ground Jo Wyatt walks on) I try HARD to love them but I can't
Oh, I assumed it was the ending you have a problem with.

I agree the cloned caves are annoying as hell, and is a result of being rushed. Cloned interiors is also one of the things that make me hate Mass Effect 1 (the another one being vast empty boring planets), even though I love the series and cannot wait for Andromeda.

As the story, it is a deviation from the "hero saves the world" and is more of a character story, which may not be for everybody. I personally liked it, and wasn't that bothered by the cloned caves on my first run through (I guess ME1 dulled me a lot in that regard)

branmakmuffin
06.18.2015 , 08:18 AM | #148
Same!! My poor Sage is still glancing across her ship, wondering what if! Well, more like, "whhhhhhhhhhhy!!"
I can only assume "resources" and "sexism" are the reasons for not giving any female character more than 1 full-blown romance option (that statement may or may not contain a double-entendre). If I played a female Inquisitor, I'd take Talos over Andronikos any day. And I bet many players of female Knights would take Scourge over Doc, Warriors, Pierce over Captain Metro and Agents Kaliyo over Vector.

Aries_cz
06.18.2015 , 08:41 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
I can only assume "resources" and "sexism" are the reasons for not giving any female character more than 1 full-blown romance option (that statement may or may not contain a double-entendre). If I played a female Inquisitor, I'd take Talos over Andronikos any day. And I bet many players of female Knights would take Scourge over Doc, Warriors, Pierce over Captain Metro and Agents Kaliyo over Vector.
Pretty sure it is just Resources™ that lead to this decision. BioWare is not studio that is known for being sexist, quite the opposite...

Amadahy
06.18.2015 , 08:46 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Oh, I assumed it was the ending you have a problem with.

I agree the cloned caves are annoying as hell, and is a result of being rushed. Cloned interiors is also one of the things that make me hate Mass Effect 1 (the another one being vast empty boring planets), even though I love the series and cannot wait for Andromeda.

As the story, it is a deviation from the "hero saves the world" and is more of a character story, which may not be for everybody. I personally liked it, and wasn't that bothered by the cloned caves on my first run through (I guess ME1 dulled me a lot in that regard)
Nah, at least not yet lol. I haven't made it to the ending quite yet. I think the story, too, is part of my problem. For chapter 1 and 2 I'm alright, but once I get towards Chapter/Act 3 I'm so bored. It feels a bit repetitive to me. Especially since, each time I play, I am coming off of an Origins play through. Plus, I absolutely hate what they did to Anders. He was one of my absolute favorite companions, until DA2. Speaking of companions, I wasn't a fan of them in DA2. I just had a whole list of issues with that game lol.

I'm working on another play through of ME:1 so I definitely understand about that!
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands