Defeating Voreclaws (Nathema Conspiracy)

How do you defeat the junior voreclaws in Nathema Conspiracy? They are constantly attacking you all at once and your companion that they defeat you rather easily. That many enemies should never be attacking you all at once.You need to breathe a little and defend yourself first. The companion first and you can’t heal enough even if your companion is on heal. There has to be a way to defeat those horrible monsters. Edited by OrionTi

heh, I don't think the support droid is available in nathema (i think all the fps from copero onward don't have it).

regardless, yes, you can kill them. you can use your area of effect abilities (like force storm or death field if you are playing madness) to damage them all at the same time. then you drag the vorclaw near one of those pillars with a console, hit the console and it'll be stunned and take more damage. there's two other pillars to repeat the process and i think 3 health stations that respawn (but well you should be able to finish before they do).

How do you defeat the junior voreclaws in Nathema Conspiracy?

Mostly by using Area of Effect (AoE) skills.

Buy some companion gifts and get your companion up to around influence level 20 (or more). It maybe best to use a melee companion so that you can keep you, your companion, and the juniors in a tight bunch while you AoE them.

I'm not sure what the bolster or levelsync situation is with Nathema, but it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure you have 110% Accuracy and a bunch of Critical.

I'm not sure what the bolster or levelsync situation is with Nathema,

Almost certainly synced down to level 70. If you can somehow (no idea how) get in there for [sOLO] below level 70, then you probably aren't bolstered *up* to 70.

And because it's synced down, you get to keep all the Accuracy / Alacrity / Crit you get from your gear, and at level 75 with 270+ gear you also get stacks of Veteran's Edge that relax the caps on Endurance, Mastery and Health. (Power is a fixed value in synced content, and depends on *only* the level to which you are synced. Wear full 306 when synced to level 70 ==> Power = 3929. Remove all gear, lefties and weapons when synced to level 70 ==> Power = 3929.)

EDIT: ref: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9816754#post9816754

Edited by SteveTheCynic

There are 3 respawning heal stations.

And yet you can't always get to a healing station in time. They easily beat your companion and then you not that long after, and/or they keep attacking you. Plus, you might not see them in time.

Edited by OrionTi

And yet you can't always get to a healing station in time. They easily beat your companion and then you not that long after, and/or they keep attacking you. Plus, you might not see them in time.

OK, let's run through the most-basic checklist again:

* What level is your character?(1)

* What Influence rank is Lana?(2)

* What is your gear Item Rating? (Look on your Character panel, "C" is the default keybind, in the top-left.)

* Are you avoiding tank gear on non-tank class/discipline combinations?(3)

* Have you selected a Discipline? (Yes, it's possible to level from 1 to 75 without doing that.)

* Have you selected a full set of Utilities in the "K" panel?

* Are you making full use of your high-damage abilities?

* Are you making good use of defensive abilities (reflect-o-bubble, Sabre Ward, etc.)

* Do you use Area of Effect attacks against tight groups of enemies?

* Have you read and practiced a good rotation?

I ask these questions, and I admit that they might sound like I'm saying "learn 2 play", because your threads recently have all had an air of someone who has cruised through the relatively easy state of the levelling experience, and is suddenly having a hard time in more highly-tuned content. You need to "up your game" == play better. Doing that will allow you to move through this content with fewer defeats and fewer problems.

Don't feel too bad about this, though. I recently discovered that I had forgotten, a bit, the need to carefully control how many foes I fight at once (because in most content either they are too far apart for it to be a problem or they are not strong enough for it to be a problem). I read about the H4 Heroic on Section X, and the descriptions said that a "group required to deactivate the end thing" requirement had been removed. Turns out it's still tuned for a group of players, and if you go in there solo on a non-stealth character you have to advance very carefully, because the groups of enemies are tougher than I was expecting, and fighting two groups at once was just a little too much.

OK, footnotes:

(1) It matters even if you are synced down because Level Sync only affects Endurance, Mastery, Power and Health. If you are higher level, you can wear stronger gear with better values for the other stats.

(2) If you're playing [sOLO] for the story, you are obliged to take Lana with you.

(3) Absorb and Shield are no use at all to a non-tank, and you get more benefit from other stats than you get from Defense.