Maintenance: June 30, 2020

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on June 30, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.2a.

Details:

DATE: June 30, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 UTC)

VERSION: 6.1.2a

Patch notes are available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Here is the list of all the bugs we're planning to fix with Game Update 6.1.2a:

• The lockout for Veteran and Master Mode of the Nature of Progress Operation now has a weekly reset time as intended.
  • Players will no longer have their Crew Skill ratings of 601 or higher be reset to 600 upon login or activation of a Crew Skill Mission. Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value. Anyone who first experienced this issue since then will be addressed in our next patch.
  • The "Grandmaster: The Nature of Progress" achievement from The Nature of Progress Operation is now showing the proper progression.
  • The Galactic Guide will no longer prevent players from interacting with NPCs and objects in-game, even when minimized.
  • The Galactic Guide will no longer vanish when unchecking the Enable Movable Secondary Window from the Interface Editor and opening the Options Menu.
  • Players are no longer disconnected when quickly opening and closing the Galactic Guide.
  • Partial progress on the following Mek-Sha Heroic Missions Achievements has been reset, and they will now progress as intended.
    • Mek-Sha: Aspiring to Heroics
    • Mek-Sha: Hero of the Day
    • Mek-Sha: True Heroism
    • Pit Boss
    • Kingpin
    • The Don

Our team is still working on fixes for the other issues you've reported. Do not hesitate to follow this thread where we're updating players about the current known issues: Game Update 6.1.2 - Known Issues.

Edited by CommunityTeam

• The Galactic Guide will no longer prevent players from interacting with NPCs and objects in-game, even when minimized.
  • The Galactic Guide will no longer vanish when unchecking the Enable Movable Secondary Window from the Interface Editor and opening the Options Menu.

I take it then that this still won't allow us to move this dreaded galactic guide bar while "enable movable secondary window" is deselected? This thing really needs to be properly integrated into the UI and be customizable via the interface editor.

Edited by BenKatarn

what about this bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=981009&page=2

This one bothers me more than anything.

This bug is what should be priority for BioWare to fix, I almost don't care about other bugs since this one prevents me from actually enjoying the game to begin with. I may as well cancel my subscription and uninstall SWTOR if 6.1.2a doesn't address this.

This bug is what should be priority for BioWare to fix, I almost don't care about other bugs since this one prevents me from actually enjoying the game to begin with. I may as well cancel my subscription and uninstall SWTOR if 6.1.2a doesn't address this.

It won't be addressed. Might as well do as you said you'd do. :)

Players will no longer have their Crew Skill ratings of 601 or higher be reset to 600 upon login or activation of a Crew Skill Mission. Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value. Anyone who first experienced this issue since then will be addressed in our next patch.

Any plans to repay players who bought the 500k crew-skill expansion like myself?

Edited by septru

the most important bug, is the one stopping people getting online, that should be the priority. At lest the others are funny or annoying, but people can still play

the most important bug, is the one stopping people getting online, that should be the priority. At lest the others are funny or annoying, but people can still play

While not getting online is a problem, I will not play anymore until that bug is fixed as it has gotten past funny. Everyone of my characters has to deal with that but so that is 12-18 characters I have to deal with like that so no that takes the enjoyment of the game out from me having to deal with it all the time.

YIKES !!

Talk about loosing your head over stuff !! That's NUTS !!

Yea, I was looking forward to being able to play again, since finals were over but not now. 12-18 characters like that, no thank you. So the free time I had to play is now no use to me.

So, what the heck will you do about the players who literally can't log into the game because of the 0,00% Quick Play bug? Luckily, I am not affected by the bug but I will sure as hell speak up for the people who are affected. Will that issue be addressed in tomorrow's patch?

Maybe if you hadn't wasted time on redesigning the UI frame to shove the Cartel Market even more down our throats, you would have had the time to catch this bug and fix it before it went live. But no, you had to redesign an element of the UI that worked perfectly fine and didn't need any redesign. What a waste of time and resources.

At least you could apologise for this major lapse in insight and prudent decision making. Because your decision led to poor QA testing from your side and the current boatload of bugs patch 6.1.2 introduced.

Edited by Ylliarus

While not getting online is a problem, I will not play anymore until that bug is fixed as it has gotten past funny. Everyone of my characters has to deal with that but so that is 12-18 characters I have to deal with like that so no that takes the enjoyment of the game out from me having to deal with it all the time.

true, and i wasn't trying to minimise the issue. To me personally, it's not a big deal, but I know from seeing posts on this forum how involved people can be in the game, and how much the immersion is to them, and also how important that it is fixed for them. Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow, and you'll be able to play again

How'd the finals go?

Edited by DarkTergon

Any plans to repay players who bought the 500k crew-skill expansion like myself?

I doubt it, unfortunately. A lot of us paid the 500k on multiple chars, but we'll probably never see it. They probably think they are being nice, and doing us a favour, by making it free now.

true, and i wasn't trying to minimise the issue. To me personally, it's not a big deal, but I know from seeing posts on this forum how involved people can be in the game, and how much the immersion is to them, and also how important that it is fixed for them. Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow, and you'll be able to play again

How'd the finals go?

Excellent. My final grades were 98 (Business Law) and 96 (Employment Law) Was looking forward to play during my break before my next semester starts.

Yea, I was looking forward to being able to play again, since finals were over but not now. 12-18 characters like that, no thank you. So the free time I had to play is now no use to me.

I've spent the last two weeks on the business end of a 3 inch trim brush and a paint roller !! Almost done.. Hopefully one more really hard week .. then I can relax building a fake tree that goes in the basement !

Hang in there .. I really hope the team gets a handle on a few things. I know they can .. just need to get focused on a few nasty bugs !

Excellent. My final grades were 98 (Business Law) and 96 (Employment Law) Was looking forward to play during my break before my next semester starts.

Sweet !!

Hang in there !!

My granddaughter starts college in about another month.

LOL...

Who is this "CommunityTeam" ?...

Guess its just a random bot or script that dumps stuff here, and to never be shown again...

This is like talking to a wall... nobody listens, nobody replys back...

This to me is such a disrespectfull way to treat the costumers and the players of this game (product).

What about loosing about 10 minutes of time, and address the community? ...

Do we need to BEEG for some attention? or is the Bioware Staff on "sabatic leave"???

Shamefull behavior from Bioware, EA and LucasFilm...

LPC

Brillant, well done. Hopefully the team will get the issues sorted and you'll be able to enjoy a well earned break, and play some swtor :)

Here is the list of all the bugs we're planning to fix with Game Update 6.1.2a:

<snip>

Players will no longer have their Crew Skill ratings of 601 or higher be reset to 600 upon login or activation of a Crew Skill Mission. Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value. Anyone who first experienced this issue since then will be addressed in our next patch.

When will the next patch be? I just discovered I had this issue on a character last night (700s all reset), and I am *not* going to be happy if I have to wait another two weeks+ for it to get fixed...

When will the next patch be? I just discovered I had this issue on a character last night (700s all reset), and I am *not* going to be happy if I have to wait another two weeks+ for it to get fixed...

in general, it will probably be next tuesday, as usual, assuming they sort everything out, but it the sith hits the fan, and tomorrows patch doesn't fix whaat's needed, we could have another. Then again it took them a week to put this patch together, so probably next tuesday at the earliest :(

It's in the very first post of this thread.