StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thesaurus for entitled says;

[Nouns] due, dueness; right, privilege, prerogative, prescription, title, claim, pretension, demand, birthright.

immunity, license, liberty, franchise; vested interest, vested right.

sanction, authority, warranty, charter; warrant (permission) [more]; constitution (law) [more]; tenure; bond (security) [more].

claimant, appellant; plaintiff [more].

[Verbs] be due to, be the due of; have right to, have title to, have claim to; be entitled to; have a claim upon; belong to (property) [more].

deserve, merit, be worthy of, richly deserve.

demand, claim; call upon for, come upon for, appeal to for; revendicate, reclaim; exact; insist on, insist upon; challenge; take one's stand, make a point of, require, lay claim to, assert, assume, arrogate, make good; substantiate; vindicate a claim, vindicate a right; fit for, qualify for; make out a case.

give a right, confer a right; entitle; authorize [more]; sanctify, legalize, ordain, prescribe, allot.

give every one his due [more]; pay one's dues; have one's due, have one's rights.

use a right, assert, enforce, put in force, lay under contribution.

[Adjectives] having a right to; entitled to; claiming; deserving, meriting, worthy of.

privileged, allowed, sanctioned, warranted, authorized; ordained, prescribed, constitutional, chartered, enfranchised. prescriptive, presumptive; absolute, indefeasible; unalienable, inalienable; imprescriptible, inviolable, unimpeachable, unchallenged; sacrosanct.

due to, merited, deserved, condign, richly deserved.

allowable (permitted) [more]; lawful, licit, legitimate, legal; legalized (law) [more].

square, unexceptionable, right; equitable [more]; due, en regle; fit, fitting; correct, proper, meet, befitting, becoming, seemly; decorous; creditable, up to the mark, right as a trivet; just the thing, quite the thing; selon les r�gles.

My only real problem with this is the PVP leveling is going to be a nightmare. If I get in three days later there will already be level 30 characters in the world with speeders that can kill you, outrun you, and camp you. This is a horrible way to start a game with a PVP aspect of this scale.

This was always going to happen with any sort of EGA. Or even someone buying the game a day late, or you rerolling another character in the future, or really at any time ever on a PVP server.

The thesaurus for entitled says;

[Nouns] due, dueness; right, privilege, prerogative, prescription, title, claim, pretension, demand, birthright.

immunity, license, liberty, franchise; vested interest, vested right.

sanction, authority, warranty, charter; warrant (permission) [more]; constitution (law) [more]; tenure; bond (security) [more].

claimant, appellant; plaintiff [more].

[Verbs] be due to, be the due of; have right to, have title to, have claim to; be entitled to; have a claim upon; belong to (property) [more].

deserve, merit, be worthy of, richly deserve.

demand, claim; call upon for, come upon for, appeal to for; revendicate, reclaim; exact; insist on, insist upon; challenge; take one's stand, make a point of, require, lay claim to, assert, assume, arrogate, make good; substantiate; vindicate a claim, vindicate a right; fit for, qualify for; make out a case.

give a right, confer a right; entitle; authorize [more]; sanctify, legalize, ordain, prescribe, allot.

give every one his due [more]; pay one's dues; have one's due, have one's rights.

use a right, assert, enforce, put in force, lay under contribution.

[Adjectives] having a right to; entitled to; claiming; deserving, meriting, worthy of.

privileged, allowed, sanctioned, warranted, authorized; ordained, prescribed, constitutional, chartered, enfranchised. prescriptive, presumptive; absolute, indefeasible; unalienable, inalienable; imprescriptible, inviolable, unimpeachable, unchallenged; sacrosanct.

due to, merited, deserved, condign, richly deserved.

allowable (permitted) [more]; lawful, licit, legitimate, legal; legalized (law) [more].

square, unexceptionable, right; equitable [more]; due, en regle; fit, fitting; correct, proper, meet, befitting, becoming, seemly; decorous; creditable, up to the mark, right as a trivet; just the thing, quite the thing; selon les r�gles.

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD (AS WE KNOW IT)

People have become so used to companies and organisations stuffing things up that we expect lies to be told and promises to be shattered. A good many people have complained that they feel cheated because they ordered at the earliest possible date and have not yet been granted access.

This is such an example of a company promising one thing and delivering another. Bioware promised up to 5 days early access for pre-order customers, it's 7 days before launch and they have allowed a substantial quantity of players in - how dare they? Who do they think they are?

There are some dedicated players who have been sitting by their PCs since 23:59 yesterday evening, anxiously waiting for that email, not daring to move. They are now sitting in their own faeces in a deeply depressed state, in warmer climes they may be already hosting colonies of blue fly larvae and may possibly be consumed by those larvae before access is granted. All those poor victims of this evil Pavlovian experiment can do now is complain here until they are consumed by disappointment, rage, depression and several species of fly larvae. How can you live with yourselves? Bioware

These players have spent their parents hard earned money on pre-orders. How can you break your promise of "up to 5 days" and give them up to 7 days instead? How can you place your insignificant soulless corporate desires like server stability and customer satisfaction above the instant gratification of your potential vocal clients? How can you not answer their simple questions like "how many players were allowed on to which servers today"? They have a right to know, simply because they demand answers, you should be furnishing them with the names, addresses and phone numbers of the players allowed in so they can rant at them in person, it's their right and you know it.

Finally, Bioware you evil entity, Ghadaffi of the games world, Machiavelli of the MMO and Stalin of Star Wars. How can you fool gamers who have not yet purchased the full game, not yet paid a subscription nor purchased a time card into thinking that they are paying customers??? That is the most manipulative trick of all and I for one am not cancelling my pre-order and I am looking forward to playing the game whenever it becomes available to me, even if that's an hour before general release and hoping that many of those "poor cheated gamerz" have either long cancelled their pre-orders or been long consumed by parasites, thus making the SWTOR launch experience a happier event without them!!

So true =)

Hey everyone.

We absolutely understand you want to get in and play the game early. It's one of the reasons we expanded our Early Game Access from a maximum of five days to a maximum of seven days. However, there are a couple of important points to realize about today's opening salvo of invites, and the procedure in general for Early Game Access and launch.

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that helped us improve for launch.

For us, launch isn't just about stuffing our servers with as many people as possible. As anyone who's been through a large MMO launch can tell you, that experience can be painful. Our aim with this launch was to ramp things up gradually, to spread our player population out amongst a variety of servers, to maintain all server types, and to keep queuing to a minimum (although we expect that to happen as we head towards December 20th). So far, all that has been successful for us on Day One.

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and role out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.

Our aim is for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be around for a long time to come. Today's just the first step in that - an early step, too - and we'll be running smoothly, with a stable population, before too long.

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Perfect combination of posts

I pre-ordered the game on Nov. 30th. So I know I'm not getting in anytime soon. I don't understand why people are getting so upset in the first place. The Early Access is something they literally DON'T have to do. They did their stress testing and beta testing.

I think everyone should just calm down and realize that if they weren't doing this you would all have to wait til the 20th and the game would be extremely laggy and slow.

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Originally Posted by Kinegos

I'm all kinds of special and so everyone should do what I want when I want it!!!...also I have problems reading....

I'm a fan of that post and everyone else who lacks the mind to word their thoughts themselves who repost it....cause it helps me identify the morons quicker...:p

also had to add to this mammoth post since I've nothing better to do tonight...maybe tomorrow...

Edited by KemoShaw

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out. ! !!! !

Originally Posted by Holybone

Anyone realize that when you post on this thread... that the pages are being created so fast that is most likely that no one is reading about 95% of these posts lol..... so what i just typed is pretty much useless

i saw it :D

I saw it too!

All I know is that if anyone is so po'd because of whiny impatience, that they are cancelling their preorder.. AWESOME! Those are the people I really don't want to play the game with anyway. Please quit, immediately! :D

yeah, what he said... :D