Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why did Torian get a blaster after KOFTE?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why did Torian get a blaster after KOFTE?

FourPawnBenoni's Avatar


FourPawnBenoni
04.02.2021 , 12:34 PM | #1
Torian with a techblade was much cooler

Mako, Blizz, Gault are all ranged

I don't remember Skadge, because i killed him but at minimum 4/5 of the original companions are ranged

Makes it kind of boring

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
04.02.2021 , 04:07 PM | #2
I think it's to be consistent with his profile.

When Torian was introduced in the class story, he was described as being a Sniper, and in companion conversations he emphasizes the importance of gunplay and staying away from enemies. But since crews needed to be balanced in the early days, SOMEONE in the Bounty Hunter's crew needed to specialize in Melee DPS, so Torian was picked.

After the jump to Eternal Empire, and the ensuring that we have plenty of both melee and ranged companions, I guess the devs decided that lore accuracy should take precedence.

(I don't use Skadge much, but I think he's still a melee companion, keeping in with his demeanor of enjoying getting up close and personal to rip enemies apart with his bare hands.)

vallixas's Avatar


vallixas
04.19.2021 , 07:03 PM | #3
There's literally a scene where he talks about picking up on the BH's shooting, he was influenced by the BH overtime

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.21.2021 , 12:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
When Torian was introduced in the class story, he was described as being a Sniper, and in companion conversations he emphasizes the importance of gunplay and staying away from enemies. But since crews needed to be balanced in the early days, SOMEONE in the Bounty Hunter's crew needed to specialize in Melee DPS, so Torian was picked.
Reminds me when Aric Jorgan was described as having been part of an elite squad of Republic snipers yet previous to KOTFE he wielded an assault cannon instead of a sniper rifle.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

rashencyberspeed's Avatar


rashencyberspeed
04.21.2021 , 07:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Reminds me when Aric Jorgan was described as having been part of an elite squad of Republic snipers yet previous to KOTFE he wielded an assault cannon instead of a sniper rifle.
Lol. Yeah.

Though Jorgan's case is a little different as even his pre-KOTFE version was patched to use Sniper Rifles, whereas Torian only starts using a blaster once he joins the alliance after you start the KOTFE story.

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
04.21.2021 , 08:00 PM | #6
shrug

he finally grew up a bit and realized bringing a stick to a gun fight is a bad idea?
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
04.27.2021 , 12:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
shrug

he finally grew up a bit and realized bringing a stick to a gun fight is a bad idea?
this is probably the best in-universe answer. Out of universe, what rashen said and also because the devs had many silly weapons that were around at launch that have slowly been phased out of the game. Because why would you use a techstaff when you have the option of using a vibrosword? Or a lightsaber for that matter?
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.