Secrets of the Enclave deco drop rate too low

Desplain

Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.

First of all, thank you for giving us feedback, it is always nice to see that our concerns/questions/comments are read.

As many people stated above, I think that decos from both Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave should be dropped in the same fashion as Nathema Conspiracy or Copero flashpoints. I would like to highlight this since the variety of decos from the formers are greater.

Nevertheless, instead of making a sure deco drop, increasing the rate could also work. This is important because it is not only that there is no point in repeating the flashpoints, but the fact that Story Mode of this fp is harder than others. So you have to invest more time on completing them (when you do it for the first time you have 2 companions for SotE, but when you repeat it you only have 1).

To sum up, I would like to ask if there is any chance that rates will be modified in the update 6.3.a.

Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

Lord Syltac a.k.a. Lord Sillas

I get the feeling they set these drop rates while a FP is popular, not thinking about how hard it will be to get a deco a year on, when it takes a week just to find a group, and if it doesn't drop on that one run, another week...

I agree with the other posters.

Either it should be 1 deco per boss like the the traitor arc flashpoints & star fortresses, or at the very least have the final boss guarantee a drop (even on story mode).

I did 2 story mode runs of Secrets of the Enclave past 2 days with 0 decos dropping at all, it just kinda demotivates me to run it on story mode solo at all. And I too used to run Copero/Nathema/Star fortresses often for the decorations.

I really fail to see the reason to have these decorations as "rare" drops, the old way (Copero/Nathema/SF's) added replay value and reward for time spent on those flashpoints.

I agree with everything that's been said here. I'm another person who ran the traitor arc flashpoints multiple times for decos after finishing the story, but the lack of drops in Spirit of the Enclave takes away any replay value. I certainly am not motivated to run it again when I'm likely to get nothing but a few bits of gear that I'll simply deconstruct for tech fragments. Also, as people have said, apart from the genera demotivation aspect, with such a large selection of possible decos, this ridiculously low drop rate will make to almost impossible to collect more than a small fraction of what's available or to acquire decos such as pillars, that need to be matched together, in quantities that will make them usable.

Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.

Any schedule when this will happen?

Hi all,

Thank you for your response to this matter, JackieKo. I seriously hope your evalution results in correcting this issue. It's important for your team to understand that players should be adequately rewarded for the amount of time and effort they are committing to the game. Decos are great rewards and provide strong incentive for players to commit to the grind, but not if their drop rate is so abysmally low as to make the whole endeavor just an exercise in frustration and wasted time. I agree with other comments made on this thread that you established a perfect sweet spot with Star Fortresses, Traitor Among the Chiss, Nathema and Objective Meridian. Guaranteed deco drops are a fair trade for players willing to put in the work to farm them. Time is precious for all of us and the idea of wasting hours farming FPs with such low deco drops amounts to nothing but an exercise in frustration and resentment. No thank you. Please return to the previous format that was established with Traitor Among the Chiss, Nathema Conspiracy and Objective Meridian.

Also, please tell the team to bring back the ILLUMINATION PROBE CRATE! That deco hasn't been dropping for years (along with many other decos that've been kicked to the curb)!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

Can you please let us know what will happen and when?:(:(

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

Four months have passed since we got this answer, but still nothing has happened!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I don't believe that it's a good beheavior to ignore the request for a schedule!

Will Bioware do something about this problem and if so when will you do it????

I'm sick and tired of buying the decorations for 500 mio or much higher amounts!!!!:mad::mad:

Please increase the deco drop rate on all the flashpoints and operations.

Also, please make sure both solo and group runs drop decorations.

This would greatly encourage us to re-run old content, and to help new players with content that's new to them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

It's also quite frustrating when no deco drops at all on solo mode. It happened twice to me last week on Spirit of Vengeance flashpoint. Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended, but that doesnt motivate me to play this one anymore. It's not worth the time spent.

Please go back to copero-nathema-corellia model where every boss drops a decoration in every mode.

Hi all,

Increase the drop rate please

Please go back to copero-nathema-corellia model where every boss drops a decoration in every mode.

Nathema drops a deco? I've run it dozens of times and never got a deco. How rare are they?

Likewise, I've never got a deco from Corellia but at least I know people who have.

I don't think these are good examples of bountiful decoration drops.

I love the Copero drops because I always get something.

I like that many flashpoints always drop a deco at the end. Sadly, I have more than I need of all those decos. I'd love it if they added more potential drops to the rotation.

And added the drop back to Blood Hunt. Even if we can't get a light probe, it ought to have something...

Nathema drops a deco? I've run it dozens of times and never got a deco. How rare are they?

Likewise, I've never got a deco from Corellia but at least I know people who have.

They are not rare at all. The Nathema, Copero, and Objective Meridian fp all drop a decoration with every boss. The bonus boss in Nathema even drops 2, and the bonus quest also gives you one. I've farmed those 3 flashpoints on multiple servers for decos. They always drop without fail.

This is for all modes. If you have run SM versions of the fp and not seen any decorations drop then there is something seriously bugged with your game.

It's SoV and SoE that are horrible for farming. It's RNG whether you get a deco in the first place, and then RNG for what deco if you do get lucky. Even solo'ing Vet mode you can end up with zero decorations dropping. It's a horrible QOL change compared to the previous 3 flashpoints.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
They are not rare at all. The Nathema, Copero, and Objective Meridian fp all drop a decoration with every boss. The bonus boss in Nathema even drops 2, and the bonus quest also gives you one. I've farmed those 3 flashpoints on multiple servers for decos. They always drop without fail.

Exactly this. In fact one could argue that model started with the Umbara FP, it's just that one only had four decos, one per boss. But it was with Traitor/Copero that they introduced 12-25 decos per FP with a guaranteed drop on every boss. They continued that model with Nathema and Objective Meridian, both of which drop a deco on each boss without fail.

We've already said all of this in the course of the thread, though. This was one of the many things that went into triggering a hard burnout for me on the game, after playing since beta, and I mostly took a break for a good half year. But now that I'm warming up to jump back in with 7.0, it's depressing to find that something as simple as this QOL fix hasn't been addressed. With another FP to come, I really hope they'll revisit it ASAP.

We LOVE that you design so many new decos for each FP, and they're usually great decos. You're doing that for decorators, so please understand that decorators are willing to grind this content for those decos when it's a guarantee. The one-guaranteed-deco-per-boss model is absolutely perfect. Because you're designing so many decos per FP, that means that we still have to grind a FP many times if we hope to beat the RNG out to collect all of them. In the meantime, as we get duplicates we either needed them anyway (chairs, pillars, etc) or we are now feeding the game economy by putting them up for sale.

There's absolutely no point to designing 20+ decos per FP and then creating totally unnecessary enforced scarcity. Did you really design this with the intention that a stronghold enthusiast should have to solo grind one FP eighty times to maybe beat the RNG to get all 20+ decos? That's just madness. Only your deco fans even care about this issue, and they're the only ones that scarcity punishes.

Please reconsider, and make Vengeance, Enclave, and all future FPs use the Copera/Nathema/Meridian/StarFortress model of one deco per boss.

It's not just a matter of scarcity. It's also the frustration of getting 8 of one deco, 1 of another deco, and none of the others. Bad luck can make it a miserable slog. If we earned tokens to buy whatever decos we wanted, I'd be much happier.

Perhaps that way they could also add the decorations that claim to be from a FP that never drop them.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Still no answer, schedule or whatever!!!!!:mad:

It seems Bioware behaves like politicans, promise to make things better and than they do nothing!!!!:mad::mad:

• 4 months later...
Will we one day get news about this? Because doing that ****** flashpoint only to get nothing is extremely annoying. The way I see it, I'm going to do it once on all my toons to get my garanteed deco and finish this part of the story and hope for the best that I'll manage to finish the achievements and only do it if I get the bad luck of having it pop on GF.