Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double XP not working for everyone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Double XP not working for everyone?

Kilora
06.28.2013 , 08:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
It doesn't. Take for example if a pvp daily listed 13,000 exp. That number would still be listed as 13k, but you will receive 26k exp
I highly doubt this. Because the XP boosts don't work this way either.

Try it sometime. Have a quest ready to accept, and pop an experience boost, hit the "x" on the rewards window, and re-open the window. The XP award will change.

SlimsPicken
06.28.2013 , 09:58 AM | #22
I really wish it wasnt working. Im getting sick of all my alts overlevelling the content i want to play too quickly.

Need checkbox to turn off xp entirely.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

OddballEasyEight
06.28.2013 , 10:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
I highly doubt this. Because the XP boosts don't work this way either.

Try it sometime. Have a quest ready to accept, and pop an experience boost, hit the "x" on the rewards window, and re-open the window. The XP award will change.
Yes, but double xp weekend works differently from xp boosts.

Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
I really wish it wasnt working. Im getting sick of all my alts overlevelling the content i want to play too quickly.

Need checkbox to turn off xp entirely.
Oh go somewhere else with your whining... this thread is for people who actually LIKE the double xp weekends. You lot have your own treads.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Jenovan
06.28.2013 , 11:10 AM | #24
OP, you mentioned that you usually leave Tat by 28-29 -- but when do you usually get there? 6 levels on one planet, by the time you get to Tatooine, feels like a lot of XP

You're familiar with the Tatooine quests now; could it be that you're doing them more efficiently, thus killing less random mobs, thus getting less XP? (Yeah, mob XP doesn't count for as much as quest XP, but...)

Dunno, just a couple of things that come to mind.
Star Forge * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

MaximilianPower
06.28.2013 , 11:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
no, now when double xp is on the quest log will show the amount rewarded with double xp already taken into account, so the quest log will show 26k, not 13

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work - but that's not the way it worked last week. If the quest log showed 10k XP, I'd get 20k. The reward windows showed the right (doubled) amount, but not the quest log.

Skodan
06.28.2013 , 02:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
I'm not sure how it's supposed to work - but that's not the way it worked last week. If the quest log showed 10k XP, I'd get 20k. The reward windows showed the right (doubled) amount, but not the quest log.
maybe im mistaking it then. i may be thinking of the pending rewards panel where you actually accept the quests. that DOES show the xp rewarded (with it doubled), so maybe the quest log doesnt show the doubled xp rewards
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 Now Exploring on Star Forge
Previous explorer of Jedi Covenant
First exploring on Canderous Ordo

OddballEasyEight
06.28.2013 , 02:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
OP, you mentioned that you usually leave Tat by 28-29 -- but when do you usually get there? 6 levels on one planet, by the time you get to Tatooine, feels like a lot of XP

You're familiar with the Tatooine quests now; could it be that you're doing them more efficiently, thus killing less random mobs, thus getting less XP? (Yeah, mob XP doesn't count for as much as quest XP, but...)

Dunno, just a couple of things that come to mind.
I usually arrive at the same level i did, and leave at the same level i did.
Thats the whole point.

Anyway, i checked today and it seems double xp IS accounted for in the descriptions of missions, but not in bonus missions.
Meaning you get what the rewards state for regular missions, but for bonus missions you get double what is stated.
If that makes any sense.
Havent played much today, i have work tomorrow so ill try after work again...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

BigRicho
06.28.2013 , 03:24 PM | #28
Not sure how its meant to work but I just handed in pve daily fp quest. Mission box said 29XXXxp and received 34XXX in yellow text in chat, same with pvp weekly on my 32 Jugg.

So that's not double...