Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double XP not working for everyone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Double XP not working for everyone?

OddballEasyEight
06.22.2013 , 12:39 PM | #1
I played through Tatooine today. (I still havent finished, but i only have 2-3 more missions left which i know since its not the first time ive played through tatooine and its my favourite planet)

I was lvl 23 when my trooper got there.
I have +30% for all exploration.
I have +30% for all class missions.
I had a +25% boost active all the time.
I did three PvP missions and finished the PvP daily and the introduction to PvP mission.

When i now have 2-3 missions left i am lvl 28 and 2/3rds.

Shouldnt i be overleveling this planet by alot more than that with all those bonuses?

Now i know alot of you guys have no problems since the forums would be flooded if the double xp didnt work for most.
What im asking is if there is anyone else out there that feel like double xp isnt working?

Because this doesnt feel like last time when i powered through my sith inquisitor from lvl 35 to 50 in two nights and was lvl 50 long before my class story was done :/
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Skodan
06.22.2013 , 02:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I was lvl 23 when my trooper got there.
I have +30% for all exploration.
I have +30% for all class missions.
I had a +25% boost active all the time.
I did three PvP missions and finished the PvP daily and the introduction to PvP mission.

When i now have 2-3 missions left i am lvl 28 and 2/3rds.
It looks like from what you posted, you did all the exploration stuff, class missions and a couple PVP stuff. did you do the planetary storyline (not just the class quest) too, because i could see that being how you ended at only 28+. Also are you doing any flashpoints or heroics along the way.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 Now Exploring on Star Forge
Previous explorer of Jedi Covenant
First exploring on Canderous Ordo

bowlergirl
06.22.2013 , 02:56 PM | #3
Did you also purchase the warzone legacy boosts? that can net alot of xp as well. Also, do you pvp to valor cap? Even after getting the daily/weekly done still pvp to the cap and net extra xp.

OddballEasyEight
06.22.2013 , 03:11 PM | #4
I did all planetary, class and sidequests.
No heroics (yet) and i havent explored the entire map, but i usually dont and still keep up with leveling so i shouldnt have to now.
The PvP was done with a standard +25% xp booster.
In fact all the playing was done with a +25% general xp booster active.

I now only have the absolute last class mission left and im lvl 29.
Im thinking of doing the heroics too, since there are some nice orange items i want.

But the point is that i usually leave Tatooine at around lvl 28-29.
On a double xp weekend where i do the same amount of quests i should be a lot higher level than that shouldnt I?

It just feels like double xp isnt engaged on my character. Its wierd.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.

OddballEasyEight
06.22.2013 , 03:18 PM | #5
Also, i want to get this out there, im not asking how to earn more xp.

Im just saying that for a double xp weekend i sure seem to be following the regular leveling curve...

Last time there was a double xp weekend i had to skip a ton of stuff with my characters because i was overleveling stuff far enough for quests to turn gray (not a bad thing mind you).
This time its just business as usual.

bowlergirl
06.22.2013 , 03:26 PM | #6
I havent had an issue with it working/not working. I just made sure i had all unlocks purchased. exploration, class, FP, WZ. Also double checked guild xp bonus, and using my boosts. Make sure you arent skipping trash and bonus missions as well.

Skodan
06.22.2013 , 03:34 PM | #7
i know at least for me for the first double xp weekends i would outlevel planets because i would be sure to do my FP dailies which were usuallly giving me a whole level or more and then i would try to do as little as possible on the planets (usually just class quests and a couple heroics) and i would usually be at/around the level intended to leave

Sarielle
06.22.2013 , 05:44 PM | #8
I noticed at some point today that my bar didn't have the double XP indication. Relogging fixed that. I'm not sure how long it had been going on or whether or not it was a visual bug ... but might be work checking out if you feel you're not getting much bang for your buck.
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |

Skodan
06.22.2013 , 05:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarielle View Post
I noticed at some point today that my bar didn't have the double XP indication. Relogging fixed that. I'm not sure how long it had been going on or whether or not it was a visual bug ... but might be work checking out if you feel you're not getting much bang for your buck.
i remember this happening the first double xp weekend too, i believe that for most that were experiencing the issue it was just a visual bug and not an actual instance where the player was not getting double xp

Sarielle
06.22.2013 , 06:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
i remember this happening the first double xp weekend too, i believe that for most that were experiencing the issue it was just a visual bug and not an actual instance where the player was not getting double xp
That could definitely be the case today. I really rarely pay attention to my XP bar while I'm playing, so I end up with a lot of "Surprise, you leveled!" moments. I just thought it was worth mentioning.
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |