Can't defeat Gemini Captain

ScudON

Had a number of goes with a couple of different characters, companion dies then get really close, but never quite do it, Heroic does not cut it either. I must be missing something obvious, so help or spoilers welcome.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Gemini boss is a little overpowered unless you use a healing companion. I was paying attention to the numbers, every-time she hit you, it was within 2000-5000 damage a hit. I had level 65 gear with purple lvl 64 augs, and how fast she was killing me was stupid. My tank companion died alot faster, because it would always stand in her knockback radius. I finally said **** it and used a healing comp, and beat it with no problem. Edited by cool-dude

Also, there is a bonus quest and if you find the data pad you need you can reprogram one of the skytroopers to help you as well. There is a lot of running around, so not sure exactly where the pad was, but go through all the pods and click on everything clickable and you should be able to find it.

I used it at the end when I went to face the captain and that helped as well. I am a healer and I had to watch all the knock backs closely to keep my companion healed.

Must have been a heck of a workout fighting AND healing Senya at the same time.

It was! But you know what? That was some of the funnest times I've had in this game in a long time. To be honest? I died the first go around. I think I'll stick with companions in tank mode in these boss fights because that was actually pretty challenging. Heal specced companions just make things far too easy.

Edited by Rhyltran

I don't remember what level my Senya is, but when my commandogirl (Gunnery) did this, I outpaced Senya's aggro generation without too much difficulty. (My gear is all 216 or higher, except my relics, and everything non-relic has a 208 augment of some sort in it. I have three Ops pieces. It's possible that this has some influence on the question of who generates more aggro.)

• 2 weeks later...
reset and now I cant get past Skytrooper Builder droid. Is it possible to have a friend assist with this story mode or is it strictly solo? :mad: I am a subscriber but this is getting so frustrating I am considering ENDING sub because of this chapter!!:( Edited by jedi_brandier
change/add content

reset and now I cant get past Skytrooper Builder droid. Is it possible to have a friend assist with this story mode or is it strictly solo? :mad: I am a subscriber but this is getting so frustrating I am considering ENDING sub because of this chapter!!:(

Its easy enough, you just got to stop him from recharging,

Curiously, I found it easier without the hacked Skytrooper. Either way, my Senya was Rank 11, in healer stance, but with the hacked Skytrooper on our side, we lost. Without the hacked Skytrooper, we won.

Though for some reason, the GEMINI Captain's "attacking from four places at once" bursts lasted way longer when I had the hacked Skytrooper, which certainly contributed to Senya not being able to keep up.

Still no luck with any of my characters and now I'm stuck trying to defeat Construction Boss on all characters. I don't usually play group missions because I am a casual player, not a 'power gamer,' and usually get kicked out because I can't keep up or don't DPS right. My daughter and I would assist each other with these missions, but they seem to be solo only... and neither of us can beat them. When a game ceases to be fun it's time to quit... seriously considering unsub and quitting altogether.:mad: Edited by jedi_brandier
content change

Have you tried using your Heroic Moment- it has a moderate heal included for you and your companion- and it helps burn down the thing faster. Use all your cooldown abilities ( I often forget to use those). As other have said, set Senya to Heal mode and bring her Influence at least to 10 ( 70 rank 1 gifts, which you can buy on the fleet, from INFL. 1; she loves Luxury)

Of course I tried Heroic Moment...I keep getting knocked back out of range. I also haven't noticed a healing feature on mine

This really sucks, and feel for both of you. I guess, all you can do is keep up-ing Senya's influence. 70 rank 1 gifts, like has been said, and also use your common data crystals from heroics to buy rank 6 gifts from Odesson

Though for some reason, the GEMINI Captain's "attacking from four places at once" bursts lasted way longer when I had the hacked Skytrooper, which certainly contributed to Senya not being able to keep up.

Find the real one, and shoot/hit/zap/stone/grenade/rocket it. The others will disappear instantly.

I'll just repeat my hint on finding the real one...

The three decoys all have the same health percentage as each other, but that percentage is not the same as the real one's health percentage. Look for the one with a different health percentage and smack it around.

Of course I tried Heroic Moment...I keep getting knocked back out of range. I also haven't noticed a healing feature on mine

It's not a healing ability that you can cast from the bar. Look at the tooltip for Heroic Moment.

Oh, and don't do what I did once (before 4.0 came out) in Black Talon.

My first Lightning Sorc (hadn't done any other sort of Sorc or Sage either) was level 16 (during the 12XP event, I think) accompanied by a team of three ... others. Overall, we were level 10, 12, 14, and 16 (lovely series of consecutive even numbers). I think it was me, two SWs and a BH, but I don't remember who was what level apart from me being 16. They were generally speedrunning, and all through the steps leading up to the bonus boss, I saw a slight tendency for mobs to focus me, but to be honest, they were dying quickly enough that it was hard to tell.

Then we spawned the bonus boss (champion droid) and the fight began. And I was there in my crappy light armour, most of which came from half-way round Korriban, facetanking the droid, because they couldn't keep up with my aggro generation. So I stopped in the middle of the fight with one finger mashing an attack button, and I actually *looked* at my tooltips.

Let me repeat that, in case you missed it.

In the middle of a bonus boss fight, with the boss focussed on me and my health in free-fall, I stopped fighting so I could find out what my abilities did.

DO NOT DO THIS, boys and girls. It hurts.

But I got away with it, just. I found my bubble, bubbled up and tracked down a self-targetable heal, and got back to full health. And the GDMF droid was *still* beating on me.

Take some time to look at the Heroic Moment's tooltip somewhere quiet (on Fleet, in your stronghold, etc.).

I used a rank 1 senya (yes senya hates me a lot) on heal mode and it was the first time i died in ages! Do not do heals. I put her on dps mode and after a hell of a boss fight I finally beat the boss. Btw i'm dps with gear rating 204 and no augments. So dps companion is easier. I suppose if senya was at a influence of 10 or higher it would have been alot easier; too bad companion gifts are so expensive. Edited by wiseread

• 3 months later...

hahahaha I just tried this.

Companion set to tank, kicked the living daylights out of both of us - And I was healing specced.

Tried again, this time companion was healing like a total uber boss. I've never seen anything like it.

Extremely poor boss battle design.