Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please Consider giving subscribers one 7.1 Character Respec!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please Consider giving subscribers one 7.1 Character Respec!

SteveTheCynic
06.30.2022 , 09:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by raikme View Post
So you are 100% sure on all your life decisions and you never ever regret?
Of course not, but I apply the general guiding principle that if I chose to do the thing, it's *my* fault if it doesn't live up to my hopes and expectations.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Sareeph
06.30.2022 , 11:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
According to your signature, you've pretty much been here since day one. You know how each class works and they warn you multiple times that choosing a second class will be permanent and you still picked the wrong one?
I have a dark aligned toon on Pub side. When I went to convert it to the opposing combat style, the game FORCED me to choose a second class even though I did not want to at the time. Hit escape to avoid second selection, first does not register. Not sure why one has to pick both at once especially given their tease that other styles might be available later.

Screaming_Ziva
06.30.2022 , 12:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by raikme View Post
So you are 100% sure on all your life decisions and you never ever regret?
No. But I am old enough to know that actions have consequences. As someone stated above, there are FOUR warnings saying it is permanent and cannot be changed. If the OP wasn't sure of their choice, they should have held off and waited. Asking for a do over because they either ignored all the warnings or because they made the wrong choice after those warnings is childish.

I'm sure the devs have many reasons why the secondary cannot be changed once you select it and I would guess that the main reason is abuse. If you could buy tokens to reset your secondary, what would prevent a person from doing the following:

Select secondary A and farm all the gear they need for A.
Reset and then select secondary B and farm all the gear they need for B.
Reset and then select secondary C and farm all the gear they need for C.
And so on and so on.

It's a permanent choice and they told us up front (many times) it was a permanent choice. This will make me sound like a jerk but deal with it.

ronin_chi_lao
06.30.2022 , 06:35 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
I have a dark aligned toon on Pub side. When I went to convert it to the opposing combat style, the game FORCED me to choose a second class even though I did not want to at the time. Hit escape to avoid second selection, first does not register. Not sure why one has to pick both at once especially given their tease that other styles might be available later.
If you want to change your [first] combat style 'only' on the existing character to the mirror opposite as intended I agree the cutscene should allow you the choice to hold off on picking the second combat style until you are ready.

Your point was very insightful and I will consider many options.
Callanthi Raye <Force Mystics> TKSAGE/FURYMARAUDER-combat style https://www.forcemystics.com/

JediJuliusDavin
06.30.2022 , 07:55 PM | #15
Everyone's over here arguing about someone's decision and who's fault it is, and I'm just over here thinking that Combat Styles shouldn't have been a permanently locked-in decision from the beginning.
You are now thinking about Jawas. Have fun with that.

Shayddow
06.30.2022 , 08:13 PM | #16
Quote:
i'm sure the devs have many reasons why the secondary cannot be changed once you select it and I would guess that the main reason is abuse. If you could buy tokens to reset your secondary, what would prevent a person from doing the following:

Select secondary A and farm all the gear they need for A.
Reset and then select secondary B and farm all the gear they need for B.
Reset and then select secondary C and farm all the gear they need for C.
And so on and so on.
And how is doing that any different than doing it with Alt 1, Alt 2, Alt 3 & Alt 4?
Shekkel,80 Nimrossa, 80 |
Baalaspianyar, 80 Totendanz, 80 |
Adonnah, 80 Kydosh, 80 |
Tashha, 80 Svgon, 80 |RIP Harbinger, Ebon Hawk, Begeran

SteveTheCynic
07.02.2022 , 12:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
And how is doing that any different than doing it with Alt 1, Alt 2, Alt 3 & Alt 4?
It's significantly more expensive to do it by reseting one character, compared to if you do it on multiple characters.

That's about the only difference that I see.

I'd also like to see what people think the price should be...
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes