Can Someone Explain Different Diciplines For Sorc(Pros/Cons)

cheeseforme

I'm about to start my Sorc right now but would love to have an idea of what discipline to pick that fits my style. I mostly love characters that can move and attack, so if it exists, a discipline that doesn't have to be stationary to cast skills, that would probably be for me, if not perhaps the closest to it.

Corruption is for healing.

Madness is for DoT

Lightning is for burst

I think a long time ago I was told by guild mates that dots applied to the same target, for example, an operation boss, by one madness sorc will get overridden by another madness sorc. In other words, the implication was that you shouldn’t have more than one madness sorc in a group otherwise they would overwrite each other’s DoTs. I’m not sure if that’s still true or not.

I think a long time ago I was told by guild mates that dots applied to the same target, for example, an operation boss, by one madness sorc will get overridden by another madness sorc. In other words, the implication was that you shouldn’t have more than one madness sorc in a group otherwise they would overwrite each other’s DoTs. I’m not sure if that’s still true or not.

Nah that was never the case. They probably talked about death field's stacks that got consumed by other sorcs' dots, which was only really an issue if you had a madness and a lightning sorc, the latter of whom "stole" the former's stacks.

About mobilty; both lightning and madness are pretty mobile, though both also need to stand still for certain abilities. Lightning probably has a slight advantage in damage while fully mobile, though in some cases madness can pull ahead by spamming dots on everything that moves.