Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Sentinel + Marauder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Sentinel + Marauder
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ashuranrx
11.18.2014 , 02:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
Is Force Gash meant to replace Vicious Slash for Anni?

The changes look interesting. Hopefully Carnage doesn't get gutted into a jackshyt of all master of none spec that is eclipsed by the other two.
No, it is Anni's version of Sorc's Corruption.

The_X
11.18.2014 , 02:54 PM | #22
....very anger, much rage. You're taking out my throw with a root and adding it to a melee ability. Why does this suck? Because now I can't stop people running away from me WHO ARE ALREADY OUT OF MELEE RANGE!! You're putting some other power on top of my scream which EVERY MARAUDER ADORES!! I am not at all happy.

AgustinSarro
11.18.2014 , 02:54 PM | #23
Watchman / Annihilation is going to be much harder to use.

Finally we are getting self cleanse! Ty Bioware!
Aslawk

República Latina | The Harbinger

Projawa
11.18.2014 , 02:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
This BW post does not show all the nerf to Carnage. 4 of Carnage's utilities were changed to heroic utilities, which we will only be able to get 2. So Carnage lost 2 important utilities that made it good. Gore also lost cooldown reduction and reset, and is on a 15s cooldown unless activated during Berserk with alacrity to lower it back to 10.5s cooldown. Gore on GCD also means burst is nerfed. And finally, all the ranged classes got mobility and survival buff while Carnage's mobility stays the same; that is a nerf in Meta-PvP.
It certainly seems so. I think Gore was put on the GCD to reduce Carnage burst which indirectly props up Fury as the burst spec.

xMalphasx
11.18.2014 , 03:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by The_X View Post
....very anger, much rage. You're taking out my throw with a root and adding it to a melee ability. Why does this suck? Because now I can't stop people running away from me WHO ARE ALREADY OUT OF MELEE RANGE!! You're putting some other power on top of my scream which EVERY MARAUDER ADORES!! I am not at all happy.
This is my thinking exactly. Its frustrating that a team of ranged classes could very easily wreck a melee class team already. Now we lack the tools we NEED to keep them within melee range. Really worried about these changes.

GalvadosBlood
11.18.2014 , 03:01 PM | #26
I can't actually believe the devs thought it was a good idea to remove Crippling Throw. At first i gave them the benefit of the doubt, but now, truly, i believe they do not give a crap about pvpers in the slightest. congrats every ranged class with a slow, mara/sent is now incredibly kiteable. Honestly, make the grouped up ability the throw instead of leg slash.

Ashuranrx
11.18.2014 , 03:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
It certainly seems so. I think Gore was put on the GCD to end the trick of hitting Vicious Throw > Gore.
BW also forgot to mention that execute damage bonus and Scream/Massacre crit damage bonus were also nerfed. And Scream will only get 1 rage reduction instead of 2. So Scream will cost 2 rage with execute buff instead of 1 rage.

Bruceme
11.18.2014 , 03:06 PM | #28
why are Mara's nerfed and Sorcs/***'s clearly buffed?

Ashuranrx
11.18.2014 , 03:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by xMalphasx View Post
This is my thinking exactly. Its frustrating that a team of ranged classes could very easily wreck a melee class team already. Now we lack the tools we NEED to keep them within melee range. Really worried about these changes.
All specs are still good for PvE DPS. But Marauder won't be able to keep up in mobility in PvP.

KaellSolaris
11.18.2014 , 03:12 PM | #30
In two word :

total bullsh**

//

Watchman / Annihilation

more dot to burn you down !

Combat / Carnage

look like it has been thrown into a black hole

Concentration / Fury

so you do realised it as useless since you nerfed it ?

//
nothing for defence abilities, it stinks for pvp in most of the cases