What happened to Bestia on council NiM?

Jackie, hoping that you'll read this, i'd like to ask if Bestia's update was intentional or something else. I was doing the fight today and i've seen 2 other tanks doing it and Bestia seems to be somehow faster or applying her stacks from a range she didn't do before, making her kiting much harder, if not impossible sometimes. I have no idea what is happening there to be honest, if it's a mix of all those things. I didn't see anything about it on patch notes, so i'm assuming it was not intentional, so please, do take a look at it. Thanks! Edited by csilvajonas

I can also confirm this. We have done the council NiM without any noticeable problems a few weeks ago, but when we did it again two days ago it was almost impossible. Since the patch Bestia is behaving very strange while applying her debuff, but I cannot tell exactly what is wrong.

Something with positioning definitely got broken this latest patch, operatives/assassins can't use their holotraverse/phantom stride on the machine core in Revan anymore without a likely insta-death, when normally it would just make them appear further back. (IMO that's the result that I think it always should have had, but our dps definitely aren't happy about the "bug")

I think they tried to shadow-patch some things that groups used to cheese certain mechanics (avoiding tank swap in council, preparing for a machine core pull by "porting" to it and ending up farther out) and it went sour in some ways.

Edited by MagicTerror

If that was the case, i wanna know how to do Cartel Warlords without kiting Sunder, cause he also got changed by what i've seen around (seems that he's faster and doing some weird things he never did when chasing someone). I do hope Jackie from bioware or anyone actually will reply to this thread, updating things without saying doesn't sound like a good way to improve their relationship with players. The apex update to remove kiting strategy was one thing, but updates like this are just nonsense now. They're gonna remove any possible kiting on this game or make it harder? Why? Skip tactics? Kiting Bestia was never easy, we have the holocrons we need to pick after Brontes phase (doable without picking them it seems), but seems that bioware is just playing like us and forget that once you pick crystals, you can't swap, so kiting Bestia was never an exploit, but actually something that makes sense in the fight. Edited by csilvajonas

I can confirm it's not just Bestia. Sunder was acting very weird as well. He was hitting from further away and seemed to desynced a lot.

On our screens, he would seem to be moonwalking in front of the tank, so it looked like the tank was chasing him, and not the other way around. Also, sometimes he would start running at 5x speed towards people and instantly kill them.

Can we please get at least a reply on this. You literally ruined our raid night by doing emergency maintenance because mission tracker was broken (fyi, you were able to still complete the mission, it was just the tracker that didn't work), while we have to wait for who knows how long to fix these core issues. I would say malfunctioning bosses are bigger issue than stupid mission tracker. Wake up bioware! This attitude of yours is why a lot of raiders are leaving the game. I understand a larger part of the community are casual players, but dumbing down the game and breaking things like this without even bothering to fix them is just big "F you" in our faces. We pay for the game as well, and for what? For not being able to play properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Developers, with my utmost respect,

What in all the Sith hells is going on with certain NiM bosses?!

Let me make it clear I didn't come to NiM raiding for easy kills, on the contrary, The more challenging the better. But this is not difficult anymore - it's ridiculous. I have encountered two bosses with new "perks" so far, SnV Cartel Warlords and DP Bestia in last boss fight. The bosses were indeed behaving very strange: speeding up, hitting from afar and such, and I was really hoping that with the update of July 28 something would be done but no. Don't admit to your mistakes, don't accept responsibility, it's all fine, just fix the blasted bosses PLEASE!

I am tank main. I've tanked warlords many times before and while they were annoying it was bearable because "such are the mechanics". When the patch that broke them hit I was pissed because they became harder - and not in a logical but chaotic and unpredictable way - but it was just something I accepted and waited for a fix. But I happened to start progging NiM DP Council AFTER the break and let me tell you it's a literal nightmare. It's a b*lls-buster. It's a joy killer. It's all-good-that-there-is-in-raiding eradicator. It's a wipe after wipe because of your negligence and disrespect, dear developers, and it ruined the experience for me as a tank who just got introduced to this fight. And on top of that all the wonderful new changes you're introducing on PTS, makes me want to unsub and never return.

So, the list of new boss abilities:

Bestia

• is faster
  • leaps to you like a mountain goat several times instead of walking
  • applies stacks while being over 10m away

Sunder

• is faster
  • hits from over 15m away
  • switches aggro randomly in conflict with Fixate mechanic
  • impersonates Michael Jackson (walks backwards)

All of this is still there and we still haven't gotten a reply to our complaints. Fix the damn game. Do your damn job.

Edited by LireTenebra

The game is just turning into a walking joke. Next update the Dread Masters will fight between them and we just watch, Bestia is done with Tyrans so she decides to go on a rampage. The Apex is tired and will just break out of Dxun, spawning at random places and planets around the game. The Cartel Warlords fired Sunder and got Karagga as a replacement. It's evolving, just backwards. I have to say, it's a really smart AI we have right now, to see ops bosses evolving and adapting to what we do? I don't think bioware is capable of doing this, i think the game is sentient at this point. What is next? A surprise, we don't need tactics if it's one new fight each day. Nice job bioware, i have to say, when i asked for new content, i was not expecting this. It's like playing a new game each day, it's awesome!

just learn the new bestia kiting pattern or tank swap/have a dwt taunt bestia to reset stacks, and sunder is hardly a noticeable change. the horror of having to execute mechanics :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the horror. Can you explain to me why add a mechanic like those holocrons we need to pick? Because for me it means the fight was not made for a tank swap. So, technically, kiting her is doing the fight as intended. Which means it should be doable for all 3 tank classes, but right now it's not doable with vg/pt. If you use a dwt you're skipping mechanics from the fight, because the fight was not made for that. And Sunder might not be something you noticed any changes, but you're one person. I've seen him doing a moonwalk mid fight and hit a tank from the other side of the room. I've seen a tank being kited by him due to the amount of desync it had.

Edited by csilvajonas

Ah yes, the horror. Can you explain to me why add a mechanic like those holocrons we need to pick? Because for me it means the fight was not made for a tank swap. So, technically, kiting her is doing the fight as intended. Which means it should be doable for all 3 tank classes, but right now it's not doable with vg/pt. If you use a dwt you're skipping mechanics from the fight, because the fight was not made for that. And Sunder might not be something you noticed any changes, but you're one person. I've seen him doing a moonwalk mid fight and hit a tank from the other side of the room. I've seen a tank being kited by him due to the amount of desync it had.

I don't really care much, the fight was initially cleared by groups using tank swaps both on HM and Nightmare so its not really a new thing, its just tanks figured out how to cheese the bestia stacks which ensured they could just avoid that entire mechanic. i agree with you that its weird that they changed it at this point but at the same time its not the first time they change something in an old ops years after it was introduced to avoid players cheesing mechanics

at some point tanks gotta face reality and try to actually just do the mechanic

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I don't really care much, the fight was initially cleared by groups using tank swaps both on HM and Nightmare so its not really a new thing, its just tanks figured out how to cheese the bestia stacks which ensured they could just avoid that entire mechanic. i agree with you that its weird that they changed it at this point but at the same time its not the first time they change something in an old ops years after it was introduced to avoid players cheesing mechanics

at some point tanks gotta face reality and try to actually just do the mechanic

It's not about doing or not doing the mechanic. It's about horrific amounts of desync, weird behavior from the bosses but most importantly the fact that that behavior was NOT justified by the devs in any way. They did not change the fight, they broke it. Plain and simple. You would do better to straighten up from the position of 90 degrees angle between your toes and your face at which you're standing whilst turned to the devs with your back. This wasn't an official change and we have the right to be unhappy about it.