Luc Nodaro GSF video highlights

Will now be using this thread to post video highlights. This will either be the evening's highlight match - usually the most exciting and close match of the night - as well as instructional, commentary videos, and also stuff I am working on or trying to improve in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the recent massive influx of Galactic Seasons players, game quality has (hopefully temporarily) tanked a bit. This matched stood out, and was a lot of fun. It felt like both teams were trying, and nodes were captured on merit rather than lost by neglect. Shout out to Stockfish, whoever you are, for an outstanding performance, in what looked like a Stock T1F.

• 2 weeks later...

- Highlight match 18.05.21

The current influx of Galactic Seasons players now means that close matches are less often a result of Aces stacked on both sides, and more often now about carries. Soon as I get a close match with a decent number of top pilots I will post it. For now you have this.

• 2 weeks later...

I played on Satele a bit last night. One of the first guys to ever call me a cheater was there. This is the guy that told me "you used to be prime GSF cannon fodder, so you must be cheating." I had long since assumed he left the game, but turns out he plays on SS now. Lately every time I log into SS he is playing there. When I saw him in this match I knew he was going to slice me. We play this funny little dance before the game even starts. He sees me with T1F selected and he selects T1F because he runs feedback and thinks it’s his best chance. I selected Gunship and then he selects slicer. I go back to T1F and so does he. Finally I go back to Gunship. To any one else this would not seem connected, but with my history with this guy, it almost certainly is. A fact evidenced by what he does in the match. He comes straight for me, and never stops. This game has repeated itself every week SS when I log in to do weekly, and the outcome is always the same....

This is also a good lesson in Counter flying / dog-fighting with a Gunship, for those of you who want to improve your GS skills. I think this is also a good lesson in how using "Crutch" abilities like Slicing and Feedback can hold you back. This guy relies on those abilities thinking that they will do the work for him.If he stopped relying on slicing and feedback and worked hard on his skill, he could make life a lot worse for me. For example, if a competent Scout harassed me in this match, I would have been forced to ditch the Gunship.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Who doesn't love a victory from the jaws of defeat? This is one of the biggest turn around games I've ever played in. A roughly 500 point swing near 300 down to 200 in front. I've often had swings like this when you back-fill, when you joining the match changes the flow of the game. But no-one back-filled this for that to happen. This was about morale. My team feeling overwhelmed, and then starting to feel belief.

Huge scorelines don't usually make for the most exciting matches, and I did say I would veer more toward putting exciting matches up here rather than "Hey, look at me" scorelines. But come on, 30kills in a Battle Scout! It's a new Scout record for me. So it had to go up. To think if I hadn't done that Scout challenge, this would've been a Gunship game, and while I love Gunships, Scouts are much more fun :D

did I count correctly, you got a hat trick of hat tricks ?

then at the end I saw, longest steak 18, nice

wait , , that's a hat trick of hat tricks of hat tricks :eek:Well almost

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean? What are you defining as a hat-trick? I mean, I know a hat-trick is three, but how are you defining three kills in this video? Do you mean like three kills in quick succession?

you have it correct, 3 kills, then you did 3 more, then 3 more, before someone else got a kill, if I saw it right, I didn't double check,

so I was pointing out, you got 3 hat tricks, (hat trick of hat tricks)

Edited by achnaatfour

you have it correct, 3 kills, then you did 3 more, then 3 more, before someone else got a kill, if I saw it right, I didn't double check,

so I was pointing out, you got 3 hat tricks, (hat trick of hat tricks)

Both teams were really bad though, so that's not saying much. Achieving that figure in a Scout - where you need to engage at sub 2000m, was the only notable thing in the game. Had I played Gunship, this probably would've nudged closer to 40 kills. High 30's for sure. And I wouldn't have bothered posting it. Because it would've been a point, shoot and farm game. Which it was anyway, but at least I had to do it at sub 2k.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E29cB7C-ao

Not a particularly exciting match, but a good demonstration of how to use P-dive inside B at Kuat without crashing.(Turn the belly of your ship side on into the node).

Credit to Invis for teaching me this one. I remember when he asked me to switch from Retro thrusters to P-dive, it was so much harder. Not crashing all the time and being equally as effective without jousting people. It took a while to adapt. Now, I would never go back to Retro-thrusters for Domination matches.

So today I got the classic "You're only good with Damage Overcharge accusation." And when I retorted, that these two people rely heavily on feedback, were grouped, and can only fly one ship, they replied; "We only need one ship to beat you." So, to those two people, let me say; I am not in the slightest bit concerned that you don't like me, and that you want to bring me down. I am used to it. But, only good with DOs? Really? I mean, if we are going to debate each other's abilities, and trash talk each other, can we at least engage with a modicum of intelligence please? I'm more offended by the senselessness of the accusation, the mentality of clutching at straws, than I am by the fact that you don't like me. You are aware that Domination doesn't have DOs, right? And if you're really brave, put your money where your mouth is, and lets have a 1v1 private match. Which will be recorded, and then uploaded for the world to see how you "only need one ship to beat" me.

Here is exhibit A, of me proving that I can only fly with DOs. Perhaps, assuming you can count, you could tell me how many DOs I pick up in this match?

To everyone else, I would like to say, I am very willing to help people progress in this game, but if you act like a moron, I'm going to challenge you on your claims.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

• 2 weeks later...

In connection with my 100 try-hard games per server thread, here is a game from Tulak. I was given fair warning by Invis before I went to Tulak that of all the servers it has the highest prevalence of regular premades. (For those that don't know, Tulak is Invis' home server- so he does speak with great experience). As part of the try-hard effort I have been actively trying to find these premades. After all, I can't give a fair report about the server by trying to avoid them. At game 33 I was on a 91`% win ratio, and as far as I could tell, had not encountered these premades yet. So last night, Saturday night, I decided had to be my best chance to find them. And I did. Games 34-39 were all against premades (I checked the screen shots with Invis), and all losses. Win ratio plummeted from 91% to 76%. I won't try to avoid flying on Tulak during "premade hour" because I need to be able to report accurately what the server is like, so I expect this server will have the lowest win ratio because of this. More detail to follow in the try-hard thread when I have completed the 100 games.

It was actually a really fun game. You can't afford to make mistakes or over reach in games like this, so it provides a nice challenge from the easy wins that made up 91% of the previous 33 games.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Alright, so I am putting this here, but it is in direct reply to DarkTergon's comments about spawn camping being rife in GSF and wanting something done about it. Well, there is something you can do about it. This is a match from Tulak last night. Tulak is a rough place at peak times because lots of premades come online. In the start of this match the premade shut me down hard. They then proceed to spawn camp my team, and start getting a sizable lead very quickly. And the complaint here, in these matches, is that its useless and there's nothing you can do, right? Wrong. Watch it, and watch what I do.

The match ends 33-50. Which you might say is "not a stomp Luc." But consider what the scoreline would've been if I wasn't there. It wouldn't just be my score subtracted from the overall. It would be worse than that. The reason being my very presence is keeping my team mates alive more than if I wasn't there. This is evidenced by the number of them chasing me. If I wasn't there, they would be chasing my team maters, who are far less capable of dealing with pressure. Without me, this match would've easily been 15-50 or worse.

I remember some time back I asked Drakolich to post a video of him being stomped on while solo-queuing. So I could see what he does in such matches. His response was that he would try, but stomps don't happen for him that often. I found that very hard to believe at the time. I knew I was good, but I still got stomped on regularly. This lead to Drakolich offering me training. Now, I fully get it. I rarely get stomped on, because my match effectiveness is high enough to prevent it from happening. A match like this, that would've been a spawn camping stomp without my presence, becomes a high pressure game, but no longer a stomp. In my 100 Scout games, I never had a scoreline worse than 26-50. In these 100 games per server, its the same. Only better, because I have Gunships and Strikes at my disposal. So how bad and prevalent are spawn camping stomps and how impossible are they to deal with? Well, they haven't stopped me from netting 75-80% win ratios on all servers. And you can't throw premade accusations at me, because I am a solo player. So, if I can do it......

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Without a doubt the worst beacon placement in the history of ever

Unfortunately it was Levi so I couldn't offer a little help as I don't speak french. Funny though:D

I've spawned through a couple similar to that where my ship is just bouncing around for a couple seconds until it is destroyed. I don't really trust them anymore when they are too close to an object on the map.

In hope that we can put our differences aside, genuine serous offer, I am willing to help you learn to cope with these situations.

Thank you, that a very kind offer. But the biggest issue is, the matchmaking is way off, if it were better, and more evenly spread, this might not happen. Most of the matches I've played this weekend were lopsided. It wears you down, match after match, being stuck with pro players on one team, and the rest of us on the other. And I only do it for GS/CQ, I can imagine how frustrating it would be for people for whom GSF is their major source of play.

Any advice is welcome though :)