Stuck on loading screen, but only on one account.

ShadowyKai

I'm having a technical problem that I was hoping somebody might be able to help me with.

I have an older SW:TOR account (not this one, a different account) that I recently decided to try playing again. The first time that I logged in to a character on it, everything worked just fine. But then, when I tried to switch to a different server, it seemed to freeze on the loading screen.

Ever since then, whenever I try to log in to that account at all, it just gets stuck on the loading screen. When I click on the window at all, it gives me the "Not Responding" message. But it's only on that one particular SW:TOR account that the game freezes up. Any other SW:TOR account that is launched on our computer, it loads up just fine.

I haven't been able to see a solution, and I was hoping somebody could give me some advice here. Thank you.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of an issue like this before.

Have you tried opening a ticket in-game and asking them for help? If it's just the one account that you're having problems with, and other Star Wars : The Old Republic accounts work fine, then the problem might be with the account itself. Although, if that was the case, you would think that you wouldn't be able to log in with the account at all. You did say that it gets stuck on the loading screen, so I assume that the launcher did accept your login information (username, password, and security key if you have one).

That's the only advice I can think to give you. Try asking Customer Service for help.

Good luck to you.

Ever since then, whenever I try to log in to that account at all, it just gets stuck on the loading screen. When I click on the window at all, it gives me the "Not Responding" message. But it's only on that one particular SW:TOR account that the game freezes up. Any other SW:TOR account that is launched on our computer, it loads up just fine.

Clarify something for us. You say "any other SWTOR account that is launched". Does that mean you have a separate launcher for each account? And, are you using separate installs?

You should only need one "Launcher", into which you put the appropriate username and password for the account you want to use. If you are using separate Launchers for each account (say, if you're multiboxing or whatever) then the problem lies with that particular Launcher and/or the installation it's tied to.

If you have only one installation of SWTOR, but are using different launchers .... don't. 🙂

If you only have one installation and are using only one Launcher, you probably need to contact tech support.

Also, btw, are you running SWTOR "as Administrator"? You could be having 'permissions' issues, if not. (SWTOR might not be able to write information locally.)

Edited by JediQuaker

you would think that you wouldn't be able to log in with the account at all

You would think.

You did say that it gets stuck on the loading screen, so I assume that the launcher did accept your login information (username, password, and security key if you have one).

Yes, it accepts my username, password, and security key. It's only after the game starts loading that it freezes up.

Good luck to you.

Thanks.

Clarify something for us. You say "any other SWTOR account that is launched". Does that mean you have a separate launcher for each account? And, are you using separate installs?

No, there is only one SW:TOR game and launcher installed on our computer.

Any other SW:TOR account, including the one I'm posting from right now, launches into the game just fine. It is only that one older account of mine that freezes up on the loading screen.

In case anyone is wondering, I can log into the SW:TOR website just fine with that older account. It's only launching the actual game that causes the freeze.

Also, btw, are you running SWTOR "as Administrator"? You could be having 'permissions' issues, if not. (SWTOR might not be able to write information locally.)

I tried that. Didn't work.

Thanks for trying to help me out. I appreciate it.

I hope I can find a solution to this problem in time to complete Galactic Seasons on that account.

Hi!

Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings and delete there ACCOUNTNAME_Account.ini and the AFFECTED_CHAR_PlayerGUIState.ini files. Restart you launcher. Hope, you don't use the streaming-version of the game!

Best wishes,

Otrada