Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

RaeAlis
04.15.2016 , 09:21 PM | #761
All of the Imp Agent companions are dysfunctional in some way. Either creepy or crazy

XantosCledwin
04.18.2016 , 08:22 AM | #762
I am a guy who prefers playing female characters for the obvious reasons. That said, I romanced Vector Hylis on my Imp Agent because I have always been fascinated by the concept of the "Hive Mind" ever since the Borg from Star Trek were debuted. I personally think that Bioware did an incredibly good job depicting what a romance between a normal person and a character who is part of a hive mind would look like... but that is just my opinion.
The Cledwin Legacy of the Shadowlands Server
Fanfiction Author Profile

Avashnea
04.18.2016 , 09:19 AM | #763
Quote: Originally Posted by RaeAlis View Post
All of the Imp Agent companions are dysfunctional in some way. Either creepy or crazy
Vector is one of the the best romance story lines in the game. He isn't creepy or dysfunctional at all.

Lunazen
04.20.2016 , 10:51 PM | #764
I love that this thread keeps popping up

Vector Hyllis is probably my favorite romance of the game. He's so sweet, albeit a bit strange... which for me only adds to the air of mystery around him. I'm a sucker for tall, dark, handsome and mysterious.

(For statistical purposes, actual female gamer here. In my 40's, married for a quarter century )
Squadron 367
**SWG Teras Kasi~Creature Handler 2003-2005**
**EQ2 Monk 2005-2011**

Thepyrethatburns
05.20.2016 , 02:38 PM | #765
Out of my characters (all female):
Warrior: Slept around some until Lana (What? From the start, this toon was bi.)
Trooper: Monogamous with Aric, Married (Amusingly, I don't check stories before I played so the Trooper being a Cathar was a coincidence.)
Inquisitor: Sex and relationships is for lesser beings. Power is all that matters. (Revel is really creepy because of this and is going out an airlock when they meet in KOTFE.)
Smuggler: Flirt if it'll make the job more profitable but don't give up the goods unless there's major gain. Doesn't really want to be tied down while there's new places to explore and more money to be made. (Oddly, I didn't have Corso flirt with me. To me, he comes across as the good friend who wants to be the good ol' boy uncle to any rugrats I would squat out.)
Agent: Would have gone with the Chiss officer on Hoth in a second. Whether it's because he's another Chiss and, after the events of Chapter 2, her faith in the Empire has been severely shaken or because she is genuinely into him would have been fun to explore as a romance plot. (Vector....On one hand, very dreamy and, after the events in the second chapter, he would be a good match as a supportive if strange partner. If the connection with the hive was only mental, she could probably work with it. But....he literally has a colony of bugs living in his skin. I feel like that would end in an awkward gynecological appointment and that just goes a little too far.)
Avoid the horrors of a bitraider install/reinstall.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

wheresexit
02.08.2017 , 05:15 AM | #766
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunazen View Post
I love that this thread keeps popping up
For you then. :P And for the thread that is pure gold.
Vector being mentally an insect doesn't bug me as much, because I'm fascinated by the idea od human hive mind. But. Here's the thing: I only just met him, placed him on board,
Spoiler

Btw let's start a guild, The Mums.
Forgive my English. Doing my best. :3

_biddan_
02.14.2017 , 08:51 PM | #767
Quote: Originally Posted by wheresexit View Post
Vector being mentally an insect doesn't bug me as much
there's no way in hell that you didn't do that on pourpose
EU server supremacy

D'Altavilla Legacy
Fiore dei Liberi is my homeboy

Temprienne
02.20.2017 , 03:47 PM | #768
Jumping on this as I've just finished my Agent storyline quest. (Go 250% XP! And for statistics, I'm also a girl gamer, in my late 30s, total Star Wars fangirl since childhood.)

I've tended to stick close to Force sensitive characters and enjoyed my Knight and Inquisitor thoroughly. I didn't romance anyone on either my Knight or Inquisitor until Lana and Theron. My super lightside JK fantasized about "forgetting" Doc on some planet somewhere while my SI barely noticed that Andronikos was even on her ship.

I hadn't read anything about the IA storyline at all so I didn't realize that Vector would be a companion for my female agent. When my agent first met him, she thought that Vector was strange but incredibly sweet, helpful, and naive, all of which my agent found quite endearing. When I realized he'd be a companion, I happily switched to him because I was *that* ready to get rid of Kaliyo.

But then I realized he was the romance option, which was kind of conflicting because as sweet as he was, he was still a bit... weird. Okay, a lot weird. I had never romanced a companion during the class story before, I decided to go for it, simply because Vector was the only male romance option (aside from Theron) whose personality I actually liked.

As a player, I found Vector to be quite well written. He is understandably off-putting because of his ties with the Killik and bugs aren't exactly something that most people like. The hive-mind aspect of his character was probably the most interesting. It took awhile to get used to the fact that he uses "we" as his pronoun.

All in all, I didn't expect to like Vector as much as I did but he ended up becoming one of my favorite companions, right up there with Lana, Theron, and Kira. Reading through this thread, I know some people really saw him as creepy but I didn't see that at all. I ended up playing my IA gray, leaning toward light. To my IA, Vector was very much something she really wanted to be but no longer could be completely: sincere, honorable, patriotic and wholly dedicated to the Empire. She thought his dedication to both his role as the Dawn Herald and as part of her crew was admirable.

After playing through all the IA companion missions, Vector is easily the most noble and honest of all the people on the ship. The duplicitousness of Kaliyo, Scorpio, Lokin and even Raina at the end was insane. The Vector romance was somewhat slow but incredibly sweet. I hadn't planned on playing my IA through KOTET but I may do just that for the eventuality that Vector will come back since all the romance companions will supposedly be back. My IA loves her sweet, strange protector.

wheresexit
02.21.2017 , 03:27 AM | #769
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
there's no way in hell that you didn't do that on pourpose
Not at all. But Vector romance is bugged.
Spoiler

And why can't you tell him he was just for fun after you slept with him? (what kind of romance is that? ;D )

I'm thinking of an alt. LS. Not political, just a do-gooder. Undecided between JK and JC. It would probably be my last character. Opinions?

cool-dude
02.25.2017 , 02:41 PM | #770
In my opinion, all the romances suck. i was more drawn in by characters that the game did not allow me to romance.
Here are the categories all romances fit in.

. Juvenile

. Possessive

. Creepy.

. Clingy.

. Ultra Clingy

. Mega Ultra clingy.

. Player character clingy