Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Instead of doubling CQ points, it should be account-wide to prevent switching toons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Instead of doubling CQ points, it should be account-wide to prevent switching toons

Pricia's Avatar


Pricia
12.03.2021 , 04:44 PM | #1
I mean, the excuse given to increase the conquest goal was to stop people from switching characters all the time.

Guess what, it's not going to change, even more so, because with a higher goal, you really don't want to waste a potential 5k CQ points.

Instead, Conquest points should be legacy-wide, with rewards every 50k/100k points, and players should be able to choose which character they redeem the rewards with. That way people wouldn't have to switch characters, and people with only one character would still get as many rewards as people who decide to have more than one.

Just a thought...

Strathkin's Avatar


Strathkin
12.03.2021 , 06:55 PM | #2
That's a not too wise of an idea! Still I agree people, will want to ensure they cross the conquest goal on more toons with Legacy of Sith! Why cause they want to start the Item Level gain at the end of each week. They'll also need to start leveling characters to 80. Still the suggestion would create 5x more problems, than you'd hope to solve. Still we all have idea's not perhaps thought out at times. So don't feel bad, we ALL have them from time to time...

I'm fine with the 100,000 Conquest goal per Character, though I would have preferred 75,000 myself! I always thought 50,000 was a bit too low! I can often achieve 250,000 - 1,000,000 Conquest on my 2-3 more played Character's. Yet with Legacy of Sith it's TRUE, people will want to ensure all Character's achieve 100,000 to start gaining higher Item Level. But they'll also need to play and level them too!

Realize their Guild Commendations are shown by Account not by Player! So their is balance in the Force as is!

Still I don't like having to run 1-2 FlashPoint/Operations (80) endlessly on all character's to level UP over the next 3-9 months. Sure they'll add maybe 1-2 more in 6-9 months, but a lot of repetition!
A constant supporter of Baby Yoda!

Spikanor's Avatar


Spikanor
12.03.2021 , 07:30 PM | #3
its the worst idea ever.
since you give with this idea the final killing blow that will destory the conquest system for good when you fix notting and make it only worse that the chance a lot off players going to quit and thats not good for the game.

Townowi's Avatar


Townowi
12.03.2021 , 10:47 PM | #4
I never understood exactly why switching characters frequently for the purpose of CQ, beyond maybe some server-side issue, was something Bioware saw fit to curb...
For those who never used a referral link, here's mine!

LordKitana's Avatar


LordKitana
12.04.2021 , 01:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
I mean, the excuse given to increase the conquest goal was to stop people from switching characters all the time.

Guess what, it's not going to change, even more so, because with a higher goal, you really don't want to waste a potential 5k CQ points.

Instead, Conquest points should be legacy-wide, with rewards every 50k/100k points, and players should be able to choose which character they redeem the rewards with. That way people wouldn't have to switch characters, and people with only one character would still get as many rewards as people who decide to have more than one.

Just a thought...
thank god i already have the title so none of this matters to me . Butttttt no im not sorry i have alts and i like to play them all. Its really not hard to cap conquest i do it now just by doing my daily n weekly pvp quests . 100k would be no different to me honestly i dont see what is worth crying about .
KITANA KOMBAT
THE KOMBAT LEGACY
"My blades will soften your tone"
http://www.swtor.com/r/4BVHcT

Pricia's Avatar


Pricia
12.04.2021 , 09:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Strathkin View Post
If I focus on just ONE or two I sometimes make 2-3 million, but then several others sacrifice earning conquest.

Yet their Guild Commendations are shown by Account! So their is balance in the Force as is!
Yes but you only get the rewards once for it.

All I've seen since I started complaining about the rewards limits to CQ (you only got the upgrade rewards for 3 CQ on PTS), is how people are crying that it's not fair that people having alts have an advantage so it's only fair that they are getting penalized for it.

All I'm offering is a solution so that people who decide to only have one character don't get penalized for it, rather than nerfing people who do enjoy playing multiple characters.


Quote: Originally Posted by Strathkin View Post
That's a very bad idea. You'd create 5-10x more problems than you'd hope to solve.
Ok sure. But be more specific. All I see is a "it's a bad idea" but no explanation of WHY in your post.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spikanor View Post
its the worst idea ever.
since you give with this idea the final killing blow that will destory the conquest system for good when you fix notting and make it only worse that the chance a lot off players going to quit and thats not good for the game.
Ditto. Why is it the worst idea ever and why would it destroy conquest? Why would people quit over being able to complete multiple conquest with one character? It wouldn't change anything for people playing multiple characters.

Spikanor's Avatar


Spikanor
12.04.2021 , 11:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
Ditto. Why is it the worst idea ever and why would it destroy conquest? Why would people quit over being able to complete multiple conquest with one character? It wouldn't change anything for people playing multiple characters.
since the discussions from 11 month's ago has show that the discussions about chance things about conquest was ending in a warzone more.
since Jackie has closed that thread at some point since it was a warzone more and not a discusion any more.
and a lot off people are getting sick with it the chance's each time.

the reason a lot off people are doing conquest's on a lot off chars is that there have something to do
since we get always 1 a year new content so to keep playing a lot off players use there toons to compleet conquest's on since there is notting else to do any more since there is notting to do any more if you reach end content and need to wait 1 full year to get new content.

and i not know about you but if the chance off conquest in 7.0 update is really that worse what there are telling from the PTS then your idea is much worse then we get in the 7.0 expension and then the conquest system will be destory for good then since its much worse then all the chance we got so far with the conquest.

Pricia's Avatar


Pricia
12.04.2021 , 12:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Spikanor View Post
since the discussions from 11 month's ago has show that the discussions about chance things about conquest was ending in a warzone more.
since Jackie has closed that thread at some point since it was a warzone more and not a discusion any more.
and a lot off people are getting sick with it the chance's each time.

the reason a lot off people are doing conquest's on a lot off chars is that there have something to do
since we get always 1 a year new content so to keep playing a lot off players use there toons to compleet conquest's on since there is notting else to do any more since there is notting to do any more if you reach end content and need to wait 1 full year to get new content.

and i not know about you but if the chance off conquest in 7.0 update is really that worse what there are telling from the PTS then your idea is much worse then we get in the 7.0 expension and then the conquest system will be destory for good then since its much worse then all the chance we got so far with the conquest.
I don't understand your argument. What "chance things"? I am so confused.

Edit: FYI I have alts. A lot. That I play every week. And I hate the change that will limit how many of them can complete CQ and still get a reward. But that doesn't mean that I don't understand why people who only play one character should not be able to get extra rewards too (maybe not the loot boxes, which may be gone in 7.0 anyway, but at least the tech fragments etc).

Spikanor's Avatar


Spikanor
12.04.2021 , 03:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
I don't understand your argument. What "chance things"? I am so confused.

Edit: FYI I have alts. A lot. That I play every week. And I hate the change that will limit how many of them can complete CQ and still get a reward. But that doesn't mean that I don't understand why people who only play one character should not be able to get extra rewards too (maybe not the loot boxes, which may be gone in 7.0 anyway, but at least the tech fragments etc).
read this thread then you will understand good how worse it can be if there chance something with the conquest system.
https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989300

i have also alts now i have 8 chars where i compleet the conquest with it and after the 7.0 expension i have there 2 more.
i not care to switch between all 8 of then since in the end when i have compleet all the 8 personal conquest i focus on other things like level my toons that are not lvl 75 yet or have reach end game content yet.

if you play on one char its your choose and if others play on 10 or 15 its there choose.
tech fragments are easy to get since if you join a guild and there do guild invations you get extra tech fragments and run some flashpoints also and destory the lvl 75 gear and mods you get from drops and flashpoints.

and here is a tip completing personal conquest's is super easy.
if you run with 1 char some heroic's you get in no time 50k and use other chars to run the other heroic's on other planets to get also fast the 50k.
run with a other char the daily's on section X and you get also in no time 50k conquest points.
and with a other char level up what and compleet story line missions and bonus missions is also fast to get 50k
and thats only what you can do on day one with some chars the next day after the reset you can do it with other chars the same thing.

50k conquest points is super easy to get and in the next expension is 100k also super easy to get.
you need to know how to get then fast since its easy to get 50k and 100k conquest points.

why you think that some place's are full with other players since there wane get there 50k conquest points fast by doing heroic's or daily's

Strathkin's Avatar


Strathkin
12.04.2021 , 06:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
Yes but you only get the rewards once for it.

All I've seen since I started complaining about the rewards limits to CQ (you only got the upgrade rewards for 3 CQ on PTS), is how people are crying that it's not fair that people having alts have an advantage so it's only fair that they are getting penalized for it.

All I'm offering is a solution so that people who decide to only have one character don't get penalized for it, rather than nerfing people who do enjoy playing multiple characters.

Ok sure. But be more specific. All I see is a "it's a bad idea" but no explanation of WHY in your post.

Ditto. Why is it the worst idea ever and why would it destroy conquest? Why would people quit over being able to complete multiple conquest with one character? It wouldn't change anything for people playing multiple characters.
If they are limiting Conquest Rewards to 1 Character, or 3 that is horrible, or WRONG!

I mean if you have just one Character that is your choice, yet people should be allowed to claim especially the Item Level Rewards from Conquest on ALL Character's to start boosting them Item Level! I have heard some suggest they may start removing Character's cause there's NO incentive of having some many, especially if they are so limiting how many can be boosted. I'd likely just FOCUS on my core 8 Legendary characters, yet I also only have 3 other character's and likely not wanting to start others...

Especially if I have to get more thru Chapter 3 just to choose another Combat Style.

Still the goal shouldn't be to prevent switching toons, as people like to play various styles; guild level up rewards require 50x those to craft the next GUILD unlock. That's brutal enough as it is!
A constant supporter of Baby Yoda!