HP % indicator of your own ship

theknightof

such option would be useful to have so you know exactly what your HP is (and can decide whether to use repairs or save them for later). must be a pretty simple task for devs, and would add to our gaming experience.

I agree that would be really useful, until then though here are the %'s of your hull that the colors represent.

Yellow = 60-80% Hull remaining

Orange = 40-60% Hull remaining

Red = 0-40% Hull remaining

My rule for using hydrospanner is use it on cooldown whenever my hull is not green. You gain nothing by saving it, and the more often you use it the more total damage you can repair.

For repair drones it depends on many factors. How badly are you damaged, do you know where a repair drone is, how far away is the repair drone, and can you accomplish more by continuing to fight instead of taking time out for repair. If you are on a sat that is being actively contested, and the nearest repair drone is away from the sat, it is better to stay even if you end up dying. If you have DO and have reasonable offensive ability against the current opponents, you might be better off still fighting even if your hull is red.

My rule for using hydrospanner is use it on cooldown whenever my hull is not green.

Well, yes, given the limited info in the UI we are forced to adopt this approach. But if it were showing HP in percentage I would choose to spend hydrospanner if HP is just over 80% (which is still green), and might save it if at 90%+. The difference between green-81 and green-100 is huge.