Can't defeat Gemini Captain

ScudON

All classes have one ability that interrupts. Unless you mean an actual *Agent* rather than a Sniper or Operative(0). That said, if the boss has the relevant flavour of "boss immunity"(1), it can't be interrupted.

(0) That hasn't been possible on new characters since 5.0 dropped, and it requires some thought to preserve a character's "base-class-ness" if the character was created before 5.0.

(1) There are two flavours, and some bosses have both:

* Immune to CC abilities (stun, knockback, slow, etc.)

* Immune to Interrupts.

Actually Boss Immunity guarantees they can't be stunned but in some cases their attacks can still be interrupted. I know this from experience.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Boss Immunity guarantees they can't be stunned but in some cases their attacks can still be interrupted. I know this from experience.

There are two types of Boss Immunity, although probably only one is *called* that. Some bosses have "general" interrupt immunity, but ==>> that one ability, or <<==>> that list of abilities overrides that immunity to interrupts.

Example: boss self-heal abiltiies are often interruptable, as are certain "mechanicky" abilities (e.g. health drains, long-cast instakills, etc.). There are a few abilties scattered around that are interruptable by stun-break rather than by interrupt (example: Vaylin's Force Slam).

• 1 year later...
i can't seem to do this fight either and i have a lvl 69 sith warrior. my campion is a healer and that doesn't help. the bots at the beginning are easy but gemini is hard Edited by sparkl

Well, as a level 72 sage, I cannot complete this either. I've tried it with the extra trooper, without it, with a tank companion, with a healer companion. There's just no way to do this that I'm aware of. And since they only let you do this storyline solo there's no one who can help me.

I've been in this game since Beta. I have had so many high hopes for it even when it went free to play. I still hung on. But it seems that now since this is a required storyline/quest to advance since they make you do these things solo now (since when was grouping for these not allowed?), and since I cannot complete this on my main character, that I have no reason to continue to hang on.

I'm all ears for ideas. But I'm not going to continue to beat my head against the wall if there's no chance of completing this.

It could be a combination of the 7.0 nerfs and your level. I don't remember the level of my character when I did it, but it was over 75 since that is what I started the Fallen Empire with, and it could very well be 80. Fallen Empire is a level 70 game I think, so your level shouldn't be a problem but because of the nerfs the game might think you're way below it in math. Of course, I still had my own glitch where Gemini never moved from her spot, never disappeared to reappear with illusions, and never used a red glow power of death. I can agree 7.0 bugged the scenario.

Well, as a level 72 sage, I cannot complete this either. I've tried it with the extra trooper, without it, with a tank companion, with a healer companion. There's just no way to do this that I'm aware of. And since they only let you do this storyline solo there's no one who can help me.

I've been in this game since Beta. I have had so many high hopes for it even when it went free to play. I still hung on. But it seems that now since this is a required storyline/quest to advance since they make you do these things solo now (since when was grouping for these not allowed?), and since I cannot complete this on my main character, that I have no reason to continue to hang on.

I'm all ears for ideas. But I'm not going to continue to beat my head against the wall if there's no chance of completing this.

OK, so I came back to this the day after. Bear in mind my only available companion was Senya, and she was a measly level 10 of whatever rank that means. However, I came into a compendium that ranked her 50. I also did what someone else mentioned and that was to keep the agro on me (a terrifying prospect for a sage healer). It took two tries but on the second one, using senya at 50, and using as many of my "mind" spells as I could, I managed to defeat the captain. Note that as others have mentioned, a stun doesn't work on bosses, but as much as they didn't actually stun, it did appear to stop whatever casting was just killing me over and over. But I also believe having my companion at 50 (or at least higher than 10 rank) made a difference too. Hope this helps others.

• 2 weeks later...

she is killing me. Lvl 80 + 320 gear. Marauder and assassin. Always at the same spot, just after 2nd round of clone captains. Even knowing which captain to attack and Senya on healing. Game is on story mode and Senya is around 30 influence.

My trooper, BH and smuggler all had no problems.

OK, so I came back to this the day after. Bear in mind my only available companion was Senya, and she was a measly level 10 of whatever rank that means. However, I came into a compendium that ranked her 50. I also did what someone else mentioned and that was to keep the agro on me (a terrifying prospect for a sage healer). It took two tries but on the second one, using senya at 50, and using as many of my "mind" spells as I could, I managed to defeat the captain. .

After REPEATED MULTIPLE TIMES OF DYING I used my Level 71 Sage and just kept barraging the damn Captain with spells and kept healing myself and Senya. Whenever I got a shield, heal or spell up I used it. Senya was only Level 4 in influence but it worked..after about 30 times! Could NOT do it in Assassin mode...only in the secondary combat mode of being a Sage/healer.

BEFORE 7.0 I did this exact same fight with my Maruauder, My Sentinel and my Sorcerer. It wasn't an easy fight but it wasn't like this! I played in Story Mode each time. After 7.0 this has become super hard for no good reason!n It's a QUEST, not an OP. I just like playing through the storyline as a casual player. This was a Boss Fight I'd expect to see in a harder mode Flashpoint or Op. There's a reason I don't do this unless I can solo on story mode.

They need to FIX this. At least put some of those health totems up like when you are in a Flashpoint. It's doible. I only use quest gear so my gear is around 210-220. Nothing special but you shouldn't have to go crazy and grind gear and reputation to finish a simple questline! :eek:

I can't defeat her either. Its a tough fight, but this is ridiculous.

Senya is in healing mode and she dies almost immediately. (sheesh)

It took some doing, usta could take her down. Seems that Senya

isn't healing herself let alone me. Senya, is level 50

Gear is 306... :mad:

:ph_thank_you:

Edited by Phoenix_Bird

ok at the present time my command level is 22 so that puts me into tier 1.

as for my combat skills, I like what I have and have done well with them up to this point.

I also have the powers I need and they also have worked well for me.

And as Sidious said in ROTS, all those who gain power are afraid to lose it. So I guess I need more power to continue ingame. lol

Even so, you shouldn't have to put forth this kind of effort as a casual player that has no interest in grinding for gear/trinkets/rep, doing raids/ops, dailies, etc...in order to FINISH A QUEST and CONTINUE with the STORY. :mad: This is how you aggravate people and lose subscribers! Bad business sense and ridiculous but here it is 4 years later and people are still posting about this very situation!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There are harder modes you can do if you desire but in STORY/SOLO mode it shouldn't have to take so much effort that PLAY becomes WORK, FUN becomes a JOB and people quit/delete characters out of frustration. FIX IT!!

Having the same EXACT problem. Weird thing is, I played through it with a level 70 Guardian a while back and everything went fine. Now doing it with a level 70 Juggernaut and completely stuck. Out of the blue. He's geared with all level 70 purples. Spent a fortune in credits getting Senya to level 30 influence (despite never having needed to the first time). Set her to heal, tank, dps. None of it makes any difference. The thing that happens is: My character gets stunned and WHILE HE'S STUNNED (ie UNABLE TO RESPOND), the Gemini Captain kills Senya pretty much INSTANTANEOUSLY. That never happened before, and I don't know why it's happening now, but it occurs every time.

IN ADDITION to that, a number of other really insane things have happened for me in the numerous times I've played through this battle with this character:

- My character was killed by the door to the bridge closing on him as he entered.

- My character was shut out of the bridge after Senya and the support droid entered.

- Senya was shut out of the bridge when my character entered.

- After getting killed the first time, he loses the support droid and is cut off from the rest of the ship so there's no way to go back and get another one (not that that really seems to make any difference)

I've restarted the chapter three times. Always goes the same way. I've been playing and subbing to this game since beta in 2011. I have 22 active characters, 3 of whom are in or have moved beyond KotFE. I know how to play it as well as anyone could reasonably be expected to to get past a main storyline chapter in Story mode. I've never been stuck like this with any character in 7 years of playing. It's not a lack of knowledge or experience, it's a PROBLEM with the game itself, and a seemingly RANDOM one - something that the devs NEED to fix. Maybe something that's cropped up since the server merge, because I played through the chapter with my Guardian before that. I don't know. In any event, I don't think it's reasonable to a) fault perfectly competent players for merely experiencing it or; b) require some massive payout of currency to solve it.

STILL RELEVANT 4 YEARS LATER!! No wonder people are pissed!:mad::eek::rolleyes: