Syreena... *ord mantel spoilers*

OmegaJinjo

I've played Ord Mantell with a smuggler twice due to deletes and rerolls and i'll be starting a scoundrel after 1.2. The last two times and my third time i have and will do the same as always. Thats choose every flirt option available, proposition her for some quiet time:cool: and then off the b***h when she double crosses me ;)

I decided not to kill her.

After some time while adventuring in Coruscant.. I got letter from her:

"Looks like Rogun the Butcher's want to make an example out of everyone associated with Viidu-- including me. I've had to move planets three times since Ord Mantell, but the bounty hunters keep coming."

thats what she deserves. If you kill her you get a letter from Viidu saying to take care of her if he ever dies and that he loves her. That letter alone made me realize i did the right thing in putting a blaster bolt in her head.

i assume this is a spoiler thread from the title, so there is spoilers in my post.

i decided to go all dark with my smuggler, so i basically kill most people... but i started to feel bad about it after i killed the slicer on nar'shadaa for no real reason.

it's my first dark character and i thought the "dark side" choices would be more of a light hearted dark, i know.. i know.. how can killing someone be light hearted (which would be fine for me not killing someone for a dark choice, i'd like to see a dark choice being more of a funny sort of rogueish/scoundrel type of choice), it's just my take on the smuggler was more of a dark comedy sort of vibe but it's much more brutal and dark than i expected so i've had to question myself if i want to continue going all dark, i proceeded to choose neutral the next time i got the choice to kill someone (the jedi where it gave "attack jedi")

in my heart i felt like the smuggler i'm trying to be wouldn't kill her (syreena) but would leave her alive in sort of the smuggler's game, if you will.. of constant betrayals, back and forth, etc... i was trying to go all dark so i did.

so far my dark experience has left me confused. it's not what i expected.

Edited by teambff

thats what she deserves. If you kill her you get a letter from Viidu saying to take care of her if he ever dies and that he loves her. That letter alone made me realize i did the right thing in putting a blaster bolt in her head.

you get that letter even if you don't kill her.

Eh, she had it coming to be honest. Some people just deserve to get whacked and it's part of being a Smuggler. Not sure why you would forgive someone that screws you over royally just for Skavak, that alone is reason enough to put a blaster to her head and pull the trigger.

I didn't kill her because Skavak almost certainly manipulated her and tweaked with her head, so I mostly continued to blame Skavak for that.

Honestly, I felt bad for her. She was having some kind of emotional melt-down when I showed up, and I kind of thought her life was a mess even before I saw that. She doesn't seem like she's ever stood on her own two feet, and I thought her relationship with Viidu was kinda screwed up as well.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I posted to this one already. Oops. But anyway, elaboration I guess.

Edited by Bytemite

I didn't kill her because Skavak almost certainly manipulated her and tweaked with her head, so I mostly continued to blame Skavak for that.

Honestly, I felt bad for her. She was having some kind of emotional melt-down when I showed up, and I kind of thought her life was a mess even before I saw that. She doesn't seem like she's ever stood on her own two feet, and I thought her relationship with Viidu was kinda screwed up as well.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I posted to this one already. Oops. But anyway, elaboration I guess.

what you said actually fits more with the crazy chick in that stranded space ship after nar shadaa. Her i didn't kill cause she failed to kill me and she was too emotional. Far as i can tell she never killed anyone and failed to kill me so i let that slide.

But syreena....not only did she set me up but she also killed her husband Viidu, i don't care if she's a damn Princess of a country she was going to die that day. It all came down to she was a murderer and a backstabber for a guy she thought she loved. Blaster bolt to the head :D:D:D

He wasn't her husband, she was his flavour of the week and he was just a sugar daddy who might have loved her but actually didn't treat her very well if you look between the lines.

Plus, I really do think Skavak messed with her head, and I'm not all that sold on her being particularly emotionally stable to begin with. In the very least she had some kind of weird codependency thing going on.

Generally in games I don't kill people who aren't in a state of mind to be responsible for their actions. I imagine I'll make the same choice when I encounter this even more crazy person on Nar Shadaa.

Edited by Bytemite

He wasn't her husband, she was his flavour of the week and he was just a sugar daddy who might have loved her but actually didn't treat her very well if you look between the lines.

Plus, I really do think Skavak messed with her head, and I'm not all that sold on her being particularly emotionally stable to begin with. In the very least she had some kind of weird codependency thing going on.

Generally in games I don't kill people who aren't in a state of mind to be responsible for their actions. I imagine I'll make the same choice when I encounter this even more crazy person on Nar Shadaa.

she killed a good man who actually loved her. that is enough to kill her cause she killed a good man. He she just backstabbed me but didnt murder anyone i would've let it go but nope. She killed someone so an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth and an evil for an evil

Then the whole verse is blind, but then it's up to you what you do. It's your story.

Whether or not she's crazy, sure, I'll agree she made a dumb decision, and she'll face consequences for it. But sometimes, just being a good man and sometimes love just isn't enough. People die every day, Viidu wasn't a saint, and I'm no executioner. Some mook that shot at my character might've had someone that cared about them, so it's not like I'm any better. Who'm I to judge? So I made my own choice. And I felt pity for her.

Viidu must have felt pity for her too, because I don't think for a second he could've become a crime lord, even on Ord Mantel, if he didn't know how to get his hands dirty, and I doubt Syreena could've taken him in a fight. Somehow, whatever Syreena might've been, he knew what she was and still cared for her, and when she tried to kill him, he obviously didn't kill her back. He seemed to have wanted her to live despite whatever she had done.

Sounds to me from her letter that she's getting a first hand lesson against manipulating and conniving and relying on other people to do for her. The way I figure it, if this were real life, she's not going to do it again, and she'll regret it for a while and move on. That's just how it is.

Edited by Bytemite

Then the whole verse is blind, but then it's up to you what you do. It's your story.

Whether or not she's crazy, sure, I'll agree she made a dumb decision, and she'll face consequences for it. But sometimes, just being a good man and sometimes love just isn't enough. People die every day, Viidu wasn't a saint, and I'm no executioner. Some mook that shot at my character might've had someone that cared about them, so it's not like I'm any better. Who'm I to judge? So I made my own choice. And I felt pity for her.

Viidu must have felt pity for her too, because I don't think for a second he could've become a crime lord, even on Ord Mantel, if he didn't know how to get his hands dirty, and I doubt Syreena could've taken him in a fight. Somehow, whatever Syreena might've been, he knew what she was and still cared for her, and when she tried to kill him, he obviously didn't kill her back. He seemed to have wanted her to live despite whatever she had done.

Sounds to me from her letter that she's getting a first hand lesson against manipulating and conniving and relying on other people to do for her. The way I figure it, if this were real life, she's not going to do it again, and she'll regret it for a while and move on. That's just how it is.

You're overthinking it. She shot him when he was eating dinner in cold blood. She deserved to die.

Seems to me like if you're going to kill someone, you ought to be thinking about it. And I'm not so sure I believe anyone "deserves" to die. I'm sure they wouldn't think so, just like I'm sure, in game, you might be bothered if you died for no good reason, even if in your case medical technology can bring you back. But, clearly this is a kind of ambiguous scenario. Edited by Bytemite

Seems to me like if you're going to kill someone, you ought to be thinking about it. But, clearly this is a kind of ambiguous scenario.

I did think about it and she deserved to be shot. She was a straight up cold blooded killer.

I didn't kill her. She was just a messed up girl and besides Rogun the Butcher will hunt her as well considering his guns were stolen..

The one I believed needed killing was that Imperial in Nar Shadda that was going to exterminate a whole race just because they were not humans.

Besides my smuggler follows her heart pretty much and she's not out to hurt anyone unless they get in her way and then if she can she find a way without killing them she do that first. To her way of thinking there been too much killing with the war as it is, why add to the problem.

Edited by casi

Well, so are you. In game anyway. :p

But that aside, I still think she might've been crazy, just not as obviously as some kinds.

yeah but on the sidenote people will miss me. Any who i only kill those who deserve it. I even let Rogun the butcher llive for a few reasons

We don't know no one would miss her, though either way that's not exactly a reason to kill her.

I haven't gotten as far as Rogun yet. If you found some reason not to kill him, that's commendable. But your kill count is still probably in the thousands by then, especially if you've been doing the bonus missions in various areas.

Edited by Bytemite

• 9 years later...

I took her money then put a blaster bolt between her eyes.

Philosophically I felt a bit bad though, she was in the position she was in because every person she ever knew betrayed her, and the people she committed to always ended up stabbing her in the back while she betrayed the people who would have taken care of her.

This bothered me because it's a mimicry of how many women in the modern world are in 2021, it seems most of them are incapable of making sound logical decisions concerning relationships, and people in general. The truth is I pitied her.

I Killed her though because at her age (I assume from her looks and attitude late 20's early 30s), she was set in her ways, she would never learn, and continue to hurt people, and while she wouldn't be doing this intentionally, most of the time, the damage she would cause others indirectly could not be allowed.

So as a mercy to end both her suffering, and prevent her from causing the suffering of others with her bad life choices, I killed her. To be honest I would see her as less of a threat if her actions through her life had been intentional, but an individual who causes suffering indirectly is far more dangerous then someone who does it consciously.