Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits

1 Common Crystal = 500 credits

1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits

1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many credits will for example Alliance Crates cost? Rank 6 Companion gifts? Green quality hilts/enhancements and such?

Without knowing what the things previously bought with commendations will costs in credits, we can't make an informed choice (well, unless we'd be over the 2mill mark.)

Woud you guys consider bringing back the ability to transfer Warzone comms up until early access? You DID only give us about a few hours heads up before you took them away, resulting in many of us having hundreds of thousands of comms stuck on one character and others not having any. This would go a long way to help us truly prepare for KotET launch.

You should have told us earlier that there is a 2million credit per character limit, then I would have shifted my Warzone Commendation around BEFORE they became bound one or two weeks ago.

You only said that they will be converted to credits and it looked like that wouldnt make a difference on which char.

Now I have to look for a profitable way to get rid of some crystals before that happens.

Atleast on my main character, I dont think I will hit the 2 millions with the other chars.

And I'm not doing much pvp either but still have a lot of commendations so most of the pvp folks will have a huge sum of them which they could have shifted around before.

You should have told us earlier that there is a 2million credit per character limit, then I would have shifted my Warzone Commendation around BEFORE they became bound one or two weeks ago.

You only said that they will be converted to credits and it looked like that wouldnt make a difference on which char.

Now I have to look for a profitable way to get rid of some crystals before that happens.

Atleast on my main character, I dont think I will hit the 2 millions with the other chars.

And I'm not doing much pvp either but still have a lot of commendations so most of the pvp folks will have a huge sum of them which they could have shifted around before.

That's exactly why they did it now. They didn't want all alts having 2mil per conversion. They want you to lose them if you don't spend them. :rolleyes:

Makes perfect sense, sadly.

Btw...and thats where the fun part lies...

1) Ppl got scared and xfered all comms to main.

2) you can get max of 2 mil credits, Everything above will be deleted.

3) So, ppl xfered all their wz comms to 1 char....just to find out later that they will be removed with little to no refund and they should have kept wz comms on alts

As others have said, you really should either increase the per character limit, or allow comms (especially warzone comms) to be transferred around again until the new expansion drops, so that those who have lots on one toon can spread them aroud a bit.

Doing the math (hopefully correctly)

40,000 WZ comms

1000 common crystals = 500k

500 glowing = 500k

500 radiant = 750k

So basically you can't go over 2 mil with just PvE comms.

That's exactly why they did it now. They didn't want all alts having 2mil per conversion. They want you to lose them if you don't spend them. :rolleyes:

Makes perfect sense, sadly.

Well considering there are peope out there (myself included) who have over 500k warzone comms across their legacy (200k on one of my character alone), there should be some sort of compensation for having that many, not a punishment.

Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hi Eric, a few questions to follow from this information:

1) What is the Fleet Commendation conversion rate?

2) Will the Fleet Commendation vendor now sell the same items for Credits?

3) What happens to unused gear tokens?

Thanks.

Edited by SnEaKyMan

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

What about Ranked Season 6 and 7 tokens conversion rates?

40,000 WZ comms

1000 common crystals = 500k

500 glowing = 500k

500 radiant = 750k

Thanks for that!

• It's better to trade purple crystals for DMCs and sell them on the GTN as long as you get 450k+ credits for them.
  • Blue crystals should be traded in for Exotic Isotope Stabilizers; you'll get more money from the GTN as long as prices stay above 25k.
  • Green crystals should be traded in for legendary companion gifts because you'll get way more than 12.5k credits on the GTN.

So in most cases, it's better to not hang onto any crystals but get rid of them ASAP. I imagine the same holds true for Warzone comms, those decorations sell for quite a lot.

fleet comms are staying?

^ Would like to know the same. I image they will be removed but some clarification would be great.

Edited by Jerba

You are correct. if you are Max'd on crystals you will only get 1,750,000 credits. Which leaves enough room for ONLY 5,000 WZ coms to round out to 2million credits (again assuming you are max'd on PVE crystals). That being said, I have 146,386 wz coms on my main (I didn't transfer any from my alts I just PVP like hell on my Sorc) that equals 7,319,300 credits from WZ coms only (i wont go into my PVE coms but i could add 1million more credits). I need to get rid of over 100k WZ coms just to make the limit. Eric, will you be bringing back the crates even for a limited time? This is really a jacked up situation as it stands right now.

You are correct. if you are Max'd on crystals you will only get 1,750,000 credits. Which leaves enough room for ONLY 5,000 WZ coms to round out to 2million credits (again assuming you are max'd on PVE crystals). That being said, I have 146,386 wz coms on my main (I didn't transfer any from my alts I just PVP like hell on my Sorc) that equals 7,319,300 credits from WZ coms only (i wont go into my PVE coms but i could add 1million more credits). I need to get rid of over 100k WZ coms just to make the limit. Eric, will you be bringing back the crates even for a limited time? This is really a jacked up situation as it stands right now.

That being said if you know what to buy with comms you can make a hell of a lot more than 2 million credits with maxxed crystals. Right there I could at least make 9 million with 300 Radiant, 900 Common, and 500 Elite.

~ Eudoxia

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So the method for transferring Warzone Commendation among characters in your legacy was removed with almost zero notice and now players with more than 40,000 Warzone Commendations on a character won't receive credits for any above that? It seems like this is not very fair to people that have accumulated large quantities of in-game currency by actually playing the game. Let them pick whether they want credits or comm vendor items, don't take the choice away from them too.

What about Alliance and Alliance crates? Will the Alliance rank be higher? Or its better to spend the crates now to get the crystals from them and from missions that were complete after every X Alliance levels?

Will crates drop everything as now except crystals?

Edited by Martinedo

That being said if you know what to buy with comms you can make a hell of a lot more than 2 million credits with maxxed crystals. Right there I could at least make 9 million with 300 Radiant, 900 Common, and 500 Elite.

~ Eudoxia

Prices have been sliding steadily for a while now, with this news I expect them to implode as just about everyone tries to offload.