Combat Styles and Leaderboards

nepochop

Not sure if this was already discussed but how will ranked pvp and leaderboards work with the new combat styles? Isnt it so that I can make a Sentinel and have the Shadow combat style? Lets say Im good with Shadow so ill make a Sage, Sentinel, Guardian and have them all with Shadow combat style and get them all to top 3??

The two combat styles should be tracked separately, but let's give BW a checklist of what could go wrong:

- rating might reset every time you switch combat styles.

- it might count for both combat styles.

- it might count only for the current one.

And even when the rank is tracked separately - will you also get the proper rewards for both combat styles?

Edited by Mubrak

• 2 weeks later...
With huge probability SR as we know it is going to be completely over hauled and or removed.

We will still get solo pop but it will be without ranking. That is my 2 cent what 7.2 will bring.

Ranking will be a TR only place.

That would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
That would be great!

That would be terrible, why do you even get an opinion about this? You are literally a known buyer in PvE and a known wintrader in PvP. Stop being a forum warrior and exploit some more PvP achievements.

My spectulation is that Ranked how we know is going to change is the following.

1. The video of the changes in 7.2 show only Warzones.

2. This games has a habit of following many WoW decisions, and in WoW SR was removed.

3. 7.0 will focus on group content a lot. For example to get the best gear you need to do Operations.

4. SR did the opposite effect in PvP and it eliminated Group content in PvP. TR has been non existent in Swtor.

5. They said a whole PvP revamp is coming so this surely is about Ranked and possibly gearing.

In gearing we might get PvP gear back considering that gear is looking very similar to what it was up to 3.0 meta in the game PvE wise. Will they follow the same route in PvP....

This is mere speculation and we might just get a soft toy for winning a WZ or an Arena. But who knows! :D

Edited by limenutpen