What's with your fetish for stealth ambushes?

LJ_Gibbs

Sorry, but there are only 3 Devs'... There is the stun-Guy, the Stealth Ambush Joe and the Void Fella. They come as a package deal. So please don't make one of them quit or we will never see new content. ;) Edited by Xhuuyaa

It's BW's inability to write or program a game with interesting interactions with NPC's. SWToR has become the most Anti-Player game in history.

The Player is the ONLY target. EVERY mob will bypass the tank companion and go out of they way to kill the Player and ONLY the player. OR they destroy your Healer in a few seconds then come and slaughter you just as fast.

NEWS FLASH.....

Being DEAD all the time is NOT FUN!

Most likely the stealth ambushers are a response to those people who try to stealth through everything.

If you are having that hard of a time doing ordinary PvE content, perhaps it's a 'you' problem. 🤔

Regardless of capability to do easy PvE content or not, it's absolutely annoying and downplays an essential tool that makes half of the combat styles appealing in the first place. If they want to combat people skipping content using a tool THEY created, do it in a way that doesn't nullify that tool. And lets not act like its better to deal with waves of trash mobs that add nothing to the content but time, its boring.

Don't die.

That is the general idea, only BW has made that NOT an option any more for the Majority of players. Unlike like you, I don't have ALL the best gear in the game. Since I DO NOT, I die FREQUENTLY....

And NO I cannot do OP's. So I will never have the level of gear that you do to make this stuff easy. Instead I must do with the garbage gear which is useless for even General Combat that it is supposedly for.

And that is NOT by MY choice NOT to do OP's. I have a life and simply do not have time to spend sitting waiting hours for an OP to form. Nor do I want to join a PUG that will never finish the OP thus wasting even more time that I do not have.

It's not that I don't want to do OP's, it's just that I can not. So because of that I get fked by BW and the whiner crowed saying that me and the majority of player of SWToR "don't deserve the gear".

That is the general idea, only BW has made that NOT an option any more for the Majority of players. Unlike like you, I don't have ALL the best gear in the game. Since I DO NOT, I die FREQUENTLY....

And NO I cannot do OP's. So I will never have the level of gear that you do to make this stuff easy. Instead I must do with the garbage gear which is useless for even General Combat that it is supposedly for.

And that is NOT by MY choice NOT to do OP's. I have a life and simply do not have time to spend sitting waiting hours for an OP to form. Nor do I want to join a PUG that will never finish the OP thus wasting even more time that I do not have.

It's not that I don't want to do OP's, it's just that I can not. So because of that I get fked by BW and the whiner crowed saying that me and the majority of player of SWToR "don't deserve the gear".

I feel ya on the not wanting to do OPs... I have a feeling "someone" is going to come on here and belittle you. Sad to say it... it's just a feeling I have.

I feel ya on the not wanting to do OPs... I have a feeling "someone" is going to come on here and belittle you. Sad to say it... it's just a feeling I have.

I know that the same people will be here claiming superiority over me because they feel that they are more important then the majority of us.

I get the idea that they don’t want stealth classes to be able to just zoom past all trash mobs, particularly now that we have alternate disciplines and you can add a stealth class as secondary for any toon and just switch back and forth as needed. But there should be some sort of medium place where that solution doesn’t totally nullify a stealth class’ opener and rotation for solo content. They can put those droids with stealth detectors in, which prevents you from just running through but will still let you holotraverse and use your stealth opener. Edited by SoonerJBD

What's with your fetish for stealth ambushes?

Don't kink shame OP. Some of us like getting pulled o...interrupted while we're doing our thing. It makes life exciting. :rak_03:

But there should be some sort of medium place where that solution doesn’t totally nullify a stealth class’ opener and rotation for solo content. They can put those droids with stealth detectors in, which prevents you from just running through but will still let you holotraverse and use your stealth opener.

Well, I don't like the stealth detectors --the bullseye targeting--any more than the ambush mechanic, but they could use more probe droids stealth scans, more mobs walking around the map, layering mobs around choke points making it necessary to CC to get through--I saw a lot of that for the Manaan story--and also raise stealth detection for elites and champs to make the stealth utility more useful.

Edited by Ardrossan

I'm glad someone else said it so I didn't have to.

The weird screen-covering bullseye mechanic is particularly egregious, because its range is actually *farther* than the normal aggro radius of an enemy group. It actively punishes you for using a core class mechanic. It's so bad I don't even want to dock on Dantooine.

I'm not playing SWTOR because I like wading through swarms of trash enemies for thirty minutes at a time. (Or, in the case of KOTFE/KOTET, an hour or more a chapter, jesus christ.) If someone else is, great, they can do that on their own time and make that choice for themselves. That's why I rolled a damn stealth character, to have that choice for myself. Don't offer stealth if you don't want people to use stealth, especially if you're going to balance the entire class around the assumption we can use stealth. Of course that's going to piss people off. It's practically false advertising.